Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Xtreme Makeover...suggestions

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

First, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. Thanks.

I've been thinking about sending an application for the Xtreme makeover edition. Now before you laugh at me...my "appearance" causes me problems. (edited)

Now, they say to make an original video of ourself, to make it fun to watch for them. Something that will demark myself from the tons of applications they get. Any ideas of what I could do?

I know it sound cheezy and all...but if I can change my image and feel better about myself like I used to...what do I have to loose?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MissTwisties; 10-29-04 at 04:34 PM.
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

If it will make you feel better... GO FOR IT! I bet they don't get many videos of women on bikes. Maybe it would be a good intro! Good luck, and don't forget us when your famous and on TV.

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Oh yeah! My bike! I could use that...

I'm not looking to be famous, I just want "myself" back. But I'll certainly say something about my NESR friends...LOL After all...even tho I havent' met many of you in person, I appreciate the people in here. We share a little bit of ourselves with each other on a daily basis.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Ohhh...so many views, so few the replies! (taking my dramatic tone here..lol) I know you guys are laughing in the back! Me slap herself hard for posting this! I never learn, damnit!!

Hey, I promise to post a picture of my hot bod if I win the makeover!!

I think you should do it
    It is a good idea. I mean someone is going to be on it, why not you.
    I want to do it too

I liked the idea about the video case. I thought I saw something? If I did not and it was my imagination then I think you should do something like that.

I think doing somehing with the bike would be an excellent idea because they probably do not get that many like that.

Do you know what the videos are like? Have they shown them on the television?

My Name is Chrissy
    This is Jello

Have you hugged a corner today?

Good Luck V It's a hard process though, I have a friend that has applied a couple of times but I'll say to you what I said to her....you're not ugly enough! (You're not ugly at all) I think they look for people who can be drastically changed phyiscaly. But give it a shot

Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Originally posted by The KING
    if you need to look good to be happy, you have issues. that kind of hapiness is temporary at most.

yeah....but something tells me it would be a good start. Unfortunately, the people who go on those shows have been known to say that it changed their lives drastically, and not always for the positive.

I think, as long as you have the right attitude and expectations...go for it, if you think it will solve all your problems...think again.

Re: Xtreme Makeover...suggestions

Originally posted by MissTwisties
    Now, they say to make an original video of ourself, to make it fun to watch for them. Something that will demark myself from the tons of applications they get. Any ideas of what I could do?
    I'm sure a video of you acting like your normal self will be just fine

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Yeah hell no, I wouldn't go thinking it would solve my problems! Everyone has problems, even the beautiful people. But I don't feel good in this body. I used to have a beautiful body, not envying any girl. Now, I don't even want to look at myself in the mirror. My husband keep telling me when we watch TV and there is hot girls "when will you be like her, again?" My belly after 2 C-sections is like an empty pocket of skin, I can't stand it. And there is other things too, but I won't start describing everything I'd like to have changed. Being in a nice body doesn't necessarily makes you all happy, but it's a good start, and you feel better about yourself, and more confident!! When you feel good about yourself, it's easier to deal with many other things in life.

Hey V, just out of curiosity, what does your husband look like? Is he all muscle and tone? I find many spouses comment on the other, but really have no place to talk He should support you in all you do regardless of what you look like. You've had two kids, what does he expect??

Does he help you out and say "Hey V, I'll watch the kids tonight so you can go to the gym"?

That would be helpful! Ken would never comment on my weight even when I was fat when we were married. He helped make it possible for me to find the time to get to the gym.

Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

I wasn't gonna say it, but I'm with Teez.

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

hey miss t, for what its worth if it makes ya feel better.....go for it!!!!some people feel better spending money on cloths, some like food, it could be almost anything, at the end of the day its only how you feel thats important........isnt it?

You're almost asking for some insulting feedback. Just be true in what you want to improve upon about yourself, and make a humerous video highlighting those points.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

lol..well he had a flat stomach when we met. Now he's got a nice size all rounded belly! I think he went up 2 or 3 size pants so...he souldn't talk, but he says he doesn't care, that it's normal for a guy. (making it sounds like it's ok for guys to gain weight, but not for us women!) In any way, I don't think I stand a chance if they do receive like they say, tons of applications. Cost nothing to try tho...he ya never know.

Originally posted by Teez
    Hey V, just out of curiosity, what does your husband look like? Is he all muscle and tone? I find many spouses comment on the other, but really have no place to talk He should support you in all you do regardless of what you look like. You've had two kids, what does he expect??

Does he help you out and say "Hey V, I'll watch the kids tonight so you can go to the gym"?

That would be helpful! Ken would never comment on my weight even when I was fat when we were married. He helped make it possible for me to find the time to get to the gym.

I think incorporating a sport bike into it somehow would defniately help you stand out, but just be yourself. If you truly want to win an Xtreme makeover, than earn it for being who you are rather than being who you think they want you to be. One thing you want to make sure you consider is just how traumatic plastic surgery is. The procedures themselves are often quite violent and the recovery is a long, painful one. Just be sure you're ready for that.

'01 VFR 800