Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ya Know What Drives Me Nuts?

Originally posted by ZX-12R
    Both Fast Lane and EZ-Pass can work well over 60MPH but they have the ability to clock you going through the tolls so I would be careful. You never know when they will start ticketing people. When MA installed Fast Lane, they didn't ticket people at first including people that ran through the toll without a transponder. When they started enforcing it, lots of people got stung. Not only can they measure your speed, they take a picture of you speeding or running the toll. It is just a matter of time before they start enforcing it as it is an excellent revenue generator.
    this is why you should do the speed limit through the tolls

Here is a scary capability of the system that hasn't been implemented yet. The system keeps track of the time you go through a toll booth. If you are on a road with multiple booths, the system could calculate your average speed from booth to booth.
    while i agree that that is scary. i do not think it can be reasonably implemented. say im doing speeding and then i stop at a reststop or get stuck in a traffic jam. then your avg speed drops

also they could implement it into the tickets side as well. each ticket could have a id# system records when it leaves, and when you get to to the next toll, as the collect scans it, he can see you left a toll 65 miles away and made it there in 40 minutes, but that also goes with what i said earlier about ezpass. you could speed but stop and kill your avg mph

0 Not allowed!
    David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by daviid
    while i agree that that is scary. i do not think it can be reasonably implemented...
    It could be very effective in areas like the short stretch of the Mass Pike near Boston where you have two $1 tolls in a row and multiple Fast Lane booths. I believe the stretch of road is either 45 or 55 MPH but the average speed through there is 70.

It won't catch them all but it could catch a lot of the true speed demons.

0 Not allowed!

i really hope that doesn't happen.. i don't want to have to start riding at the speed limit when slabbing.

0 Not allowed!
    '01 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    I'll always be greasy on the inside.

Originally posted by bump909
    i really hope that doesn't happen.. i don't want to have to start riding at the speed limit when slabbing.
    Stop slabbing !!

0 Not allowed!
    --HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

i meant when commuting.. i ride the Mass Pike for a bit everyday on the way home. backroad shortcuts don't exist in the metro area.. and if they do, they're ass packed with traffic.

0 Not allowed!
    '01 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    I'll always be greasy on the inside.

Originally posted by bump909
    i meant when commuting.. i ride the Mass Pike for a bit everyday on the way home. backroad shortcuts don't exist in the metro area.. and if they do, they're ass packed with traffic.
    mmmm ass packing

0 Not allowed!
    --HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

well in NH the POSTED speed limit in the toll area is 35.. so technically you can go 35 and not worry about a ticket since the 10mph sign is NOT white (its yellow) and it does NOT say speed limit.. its only SUGGESTED speed, like on/off ramps.

now Maine on the other hand has a POSTED speed limit of 10mph through the EZ pass lane.. white sign and speed limit on it. so they COULD enforce that

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Well I experimented with the EZ-PASS lanes at the Hampton tolls today. I carried my transponder in my pocket and when I went through the tolls, I stayed all the way to the left of the lane. The system didn't even register that I went through. Now I get free tolls in MA and NH!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ZX-12R
    Well I experimented with the EZ-PASS lanes at the Hampton tolls today. I carried my transponder in my pocket and when I went through the tolls, I stayed all the way to the left of the lane. The system didn't even register that I went through. Now I get free tolls in MA and NH!
    they take a pic of your plate if your ezpass doesnt register, then they match it to your account. shows up as VToll on your statement

0 Not allowed!
    David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by daviid
    they take a pic of your plate if your ezpass doesnt register, then they match it to your account. shows up as VToll on your statement
    When that happens, the light at the end of the toll turns red and it displays a message to the effect that you just blew through a toll. The EZ-Pass and Fast Lane booths have inductive loop sensors in the ground that detect a car going through toll which in turn triggers the electronics that reads your transponder. If you hug the left side of the lane with your motorcycle, the system can not detect the smaller metallic mass of the motorcycle so it doesn't even acknowledge that you went through.

0 Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

yeah, if it doesnt register it says "call EZpass"

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12