Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Yartmouth accident

Yartmouth accident

I hope its no one on this board.... http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO23213/

YARMOUTH, Mass. -- A violent car crash on Cape Cod leaves one woman dead.

Christopher Tripp, 17, of West Yarmouth was arrested on Thursday night after 7 p.m. in the hit-and-run accident that killed Maryjane Harrington, 41, of South Yarmouth.

The crash happened Thursday night in Yarmouth at around 6:30 p.m. on Forest Road near Route 28. Tripp slammed his pickup truck into Harrington's 2000 Red Suzuki motorcycle and then fled the scene.

Harrington was later pronounced dead at Cape Cod Hospital.

Authorities approximately 45 minutes later discovered Tripp's 1989 black Chevrolet pickup truck on Taft Road in West Yarmouth. A police dog located Tripp along a nearby woodland path.

Tripp is facing charges that include operating under the influence and motor vehicle homicide. He is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in Barnstable District Court.

0 Not allowed!

Yartmouth accident

I hope they throw the entire book at him ...

Seventeen ... Drunk ... Vehicular Homicide ... running away ...

What a way to start a life.

0 Not allowed!

Yartmouth accident

What a tragedy!..I hope the family of both make it through this.. what a shame

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Currently

[/QUOTE

I have to disagree.. Your first thing you listed is his age..that plays a huge role in this.. HE IS SEVENTEEN! picture how difficult it would be, to be that young and "man up" to something like that..I'm not saying its ok to do what he did..I am saying they shouldnt "throw the entire book at him" I understand that because he hit a fellow motorcyclist, it hits a soft spot(for us all)..But c'mon this KID is still a KID...

not trying to flame, just trying to point out there were more than two people involverd in this accident..

0 Not allowed!
    Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Yartmouth accident

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ecooke21
    What a tragedy!..I hope the family of both make it through this.. what a shame

Originally posted by Currently

[/QUOTE

I have to disagree.. Your first thing you listed is his age..that plays a huge role in this.. HE IS SEVENTEEN! picture how difficult it would be, to be that young and "man up" to something like that..I'm not saying its ok to do what he did..I am saying they shouldnt "throw the entire book at him" I understand that because he hit a fellow motorcyclist, it hits a soft spot(for us all)..But c'mon this KID is still a KID...

not trying to flame, just trying to point out there were more than two people involverd in this accident..
    How could you not agree with throwing the book at him?? Just cuz he's a "KID?" He was under the influence....first reports said it was drugs....he hit her, got out of his truck, saw what he had done, got back in, and took off. And we're supposed to go easy on him for all that?? They need to throw the book at him so that he fully comprehends the consequences of his actions and choices, and also hold him up to other teens as an example of what will happen to them should they also decide to act recklessly. Anything less and the wrong message gets sent...."we'll go easy on you if you kill somebody because youre a "kid"........plenty of older drivers do the same thing and pay the full price. I dont care if youre a kid....you just ruined two families, and because you acted like a fool, the person you killed will no longer see the light of day again. Dead is dead....who cares if a kid is a kid....tell that to the victim and their loved ones.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by greenmonster; 07-22-06 at 07:34 AM.

Yartmouth accident

You have no idea where I am coming from ...

Yes he is a kid ...

Lets fast forward a bit ...

Assume that he gets a slap on the wrist.

You want to take that 1 chance in a hundred that he may turn out to be an outstanding citizen? Given this set of circumstances, I would have to say the odds are against it.

Yet you will have some high priced lawyer convince a jury of his peers that the kid walks on water. He may just end up with a slap on the wrist ... personally, I hope not because of the message that it sends.

I have met my share of screwups and also done my share of screwups. I am no better than that kid. I faced my demons and rose above them.

I say BULLSHIT he is a kid ... you do the crime, you do the time.

I don't give a damn if the victim is a motorcyclist ... she was a human being that lost her life for the most STUPID and UNNECESSARY reason of all ... a FUCKING DRUNK DRIVER!

Not a mistake, not a mechanical failure, not a bad road condition ...

A FUCKING DRUNK DRIVER ...

I am sorry but there is no pity or mercy in me for that!

I want every kid in his school to learn from this mistake.
    I want every kid in his state to learn from this mistake.

If one life was saved from throwing the book at this kid,
    it will be worth it ... a bit hard to ever prove or quantify but
    very reasonable to believe!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Currently; 07-22-06 at 07:18 AM.

Yartmouth accident

Originally posted by greenmonster
    How could you not agree with throwing the book at him?? Just cuz he's a "KID?" He was under the influence....first reports said it was drugs....he hit her, got out of his truck, saw what he had done, got back in, and took off. And we're supposed to go easy on him for all that?? They need to throw the book at him so that he fully comprehends the consequences of his actions and choices, and also hold him up to other teens as an example of what will happen to them should they also decide to act recklessly. Anything less and the wrong message gets sent...."we'll go easy on you if you kill somebody because youre a "kid"........plenty of older drivers do the same thing and pay the full price. I dont care if youre a kid....you just ruined two families, and because you acted like a fool, the person you killed will no longer see the light of day again. Dead is dead....who cares if a kid is a kid....tell that to the victim and their loved ones.
    I was unaware of any"first reports" I am basing my opinion on what is in the article.. secondly I never said "go easy on him" I did say I dont think he should get "the entire book thrown at him" I fully believe he should pay for his actions.. jail time is defintiely in order..

Also, your right plenty of older drivers do pay the full price, the key word is "older" .. do you think that a 17 year old kid should have the same maturity level as lets say a 30 yr old man? Let alone the ability to rationalize in emergency situations? I know some are more mature than others, I'm speaking in generalities.. Sure, some 30 yr olds are imiture, and some 17 yr olds are more mature..

I dont believe that "who cares its kid" mentality.. What if it was a 15 yr old kid, or a 13 yr old kid..stealing booze from dads liquor cabinet, then stealing the car,Would you still say "throw the entire book" at him? At what age should they become resposible enough for the entire book to be thrown at him? I dont have that answer.. I do think that every situation is is different..what if this kid is a straight a student, volunteers every weekend, does everything god-like under the sun..EXCEPT, this ONE time he fucked up BAD. had a few beers, decided to drive and hit a motorcyclist, panicked ,and took off? I am sure that isnt the case, but what would you say then?" throw the entire book at him" ?.. Know what if it was a 19 yr old with 3 DWI's, numerous tickets, criminal past, etc..I then say "throw the entire book at him".. I feel as though you automaticaly put him in the "scumbag" catagory.. fact is we ALL dont know shit about this situation

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ecooke21; 07-22-06 at 09:17 AM.
    Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Yartmouth accident

All I have to say is this, that poor lady that died was somebody's mother, somebody's daughter, somebody's wife. The idiot 17 or not, had no right to take that away and deserves to rot in Jail.

The fact that he left the scene shows he had no remorse for what he did and could have very well killed someone else when he fled.

He needs to be tried as an adult, he needs to become friendly with his cell mate Billy Bob, who is going to introduce him to importance of having soap on a rope.

It gets better, asshole has vioaltions out his ass since 2005, 6 tickets since 2005, he just got a ticket for a suspended license on 6/13/06. Yes, he definetley deserves another chance, hell no!! JAIL TIME BABY!

0 Not allowed!
    All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Yartmouth accident

Originally posted by Cue Ball
    It gets better, asshole has vioaltions out his ass since 2005, 6 tickets since 2005, he just got a ticket for a suspended license on 6/13/06. Yes, he definetley deserves another chance, hell no!! JAIL TIME BABY!
    Consider the kids' life as over. I agree with putting him away to rot and making an example of him. Age has no toll on taking ones life.

Burn in Hell Chris Tripp.

0 Not allowed!

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

Yartmouth accident

Short and simple hang the fuck by his entrails!

Stupid piece of shit!

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

Yartmouth accident

Perfect case for a 30-50 year sentence with a lifetime ban on driving privileges.

This is pure and absolute bullshit!

I am going to be watching for this case.

0 Not allowed!