Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

01 GSXR-600 track...testing the waters

Be Squid, Be Proud bostongixxer's Avatar

Thinking of selling my track bike to get a newer model. (pic in classifieds) I bought this bike back in July and have used it 4 times at Loudon. The bike has been great, and exceeded my expectations. It is very fast and runs fantastic. I've had no problems or issues. The guy I bought it as a track bike and had the suspension redone at GMD in 2006...also had it checked for any other issues. After GMD, he never used it and ended up selling it to me because he was getting a new gsxr-750. I bought it and put $800 into it, including complete check up at Eastern Cycle, bearings replaced in rear wheel and 2 new Pirelli Corsa IIIs. Since then...4 track days only. Bike comes with the following:

-spare tank (small dent near top)
    -spare stock exhaust
    -spare faring stay
    -3 spare vortex rear sprockets
    -misc. stock parts

Bike itself has Woodcraft rear sets (stock rear break lever, I believe), vortex rear sprocket, aftermarket high performance chain, Fox rear shock, steering damper and frame sliders. Fully safety wired with water-wetter.

The bike has 12,600 miles on it, and from what I understand was a street bike before being converted for track. It runs great. I have had no issues and the mechanics at Eastern said the engine was in great condition and ran very well. Again, I only have 4 track days...this bike is ready to pass tech and ride on the track. You could probably get several or more track days on the tires. A great bike for someone wanting a track set up for short money. $2,300

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by bostongixxer; 10-11-07 at 04:44 AM.
    2020 KTM SMC R
    2006 GSXR-600 Race (LRRS #199)
    NO LIMIT

Bump...
    I've seen the bike in person... It's a solid runner/set up well, etc.
    You buy now!

I've also seen this bike (pitted next to it a couple times), and it's a well set-up, solid track bike. It's a good buy for someone.

Good luck with the sale.