Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

'05 Kawasaki Ninja 500.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Re: '05 Kawasaki Ninja 500.

I know but more problems arised, this time it appears mechanically. My Check Engine light has been on for a few days, I tried to re-close the gas cap, since this would be common. But it's not it. THe ESC light came on yesterday, making my car slow down instantly, had to pull over on the side of the road, turn it off, turn it back on, twice. Then the ESC light went off (check engine light still on tho) and I was able to drive away but it still doesn't take away the fact that something is going on and I need to have it checked out soon.

I bought the front and rear brake pads yesterday. Still need to get the rotors, I just can't absorb everything at once right now. I have someone to do them. Then it's going to be 4 tires...that one is gonna rip me a new one, as it's probably gonna run me over $600.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MissTwisties; 09-11-10 at 01:21 PM.
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    I know but more problems arised, this time it appears mechanically. My Check Engine light has been on for a few days, I tried to re-close the gas cap, since this would be common. But it's not it. THe ESC light came on yesterday, making my car slow down instantly, had to pull over on the side of the road, turn it off, turn it back on, twice. Then the ESC light went off (check engine light still on tho) and I was able to drive away but it still doesn't take away the fact that something is going on and I need to have it checked out soon.

I bought the front and rear brake pads yesterday. Still need to get the rotors, I just can't absorb everything at once right now. I have someone to do them. Then it's going to be 4 tires...that one is gonna rip me a new one, as it's probably gonna run me over $600.
    Pep Boys or Autozone will check the computer for you and at least give you an idea of why its throwing codes. There are plenty of people on this board that are mechanics, I'm sure someone can help, I'm just afraid that selling the bike is going to be more difficult than it would be under different circumstances and I'd hate to see you fire sale it for half of what its really worth. Its probably worth sitting on until spring.

Original

I had the car scanned yesterday by Auto Zone. I got the codes! I'll post them up in off-topic...who knows. Maybe someone can help indeed.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

$1800.

Fuck it. Who ever gives me $1500 cash for it, come and get it.

We might even arrange a payment plan. Any lower than this, I might as well just give the bike away.

One dolla!

¢$¢$¢

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    One dolla!

¢$¢$¢
    I'll give ya a dolla for it. I don't get 'til Friday though. Seriously, though, I don't know why people don't snap this up.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

How much bottom dollar, and with a brake job.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Seriously, though, I don't know why people don't snap this up.
    Me neither but what can I do...I think someone offering me less than $1500 that I just went down to, might just be taking advantage of my situation and I'm not even sure I want to let that happen, no matter how much I need the $. I sat down on my porch yesterday starring at my bike, which I had just finished cleaning and polishing. I started having teared eyes, got up and started swearing like a sailor instead.

Lifer

pm sent

PM replied.

Amazingly enough, still for sale. $1500 for a NICE bike!

My bike was sold tonight. I'm so depressed, I didn't want to sell it but car issues and lack of money forced me too....until this week when everything seemed to fall into place and let me think I wouldn't have had to sell my bike after all. But since someone had already come from over an hour away to look at it...I couldn't bring myself to tell them things had improved and that I had changed my mind.

I took my youngest daughter for a ride tonight. she had been asking me why I never took her for riding like I had done with my oldest daughter...I guess after my crash at Loudon I had lost confidence in my riding skills and was too scared to do a mistake with her on the back. I finally decided to take her, feeling the urge to do this for her (and for me, as well), before the bike would be gone. It felt so nice to have her tiny little arms around my waist (she's 10), I could tell she was so excited and happy. It was a short ride but peaceful with her on the back...came back home, looked at my bike leaving on a pick-up truck, sat down and cried my eyeballs out. I fucking hate being sensitive. There is an empty spot in my driveway and one in my heart. Yeah...I'll get over eventually. Sorry for venting.

Last edited by MissTwisties; 09-24-10 at 10:16 PM.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

V,

Insert prick sarcastic comment here. I know it's normally my style, but I can't do it here. Go ahead pre-novices, call me a pussy (the fast guys will anyway).

Sucks you had to sell your bike. I won't say congrats on the sale, but I will say congrats on the willingness and understanding & required to put family before hobby. Good for you.

If they don't, buy another bike and I'll see you next summer.

-ddk

Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 09-27-10 at 09:11 PM.

Hey Val, Its Ash...the girl who bought the bike :/.... sorry that that you had to let it go and i feel very bad you did, honestly and sincerely. I just wanted to say Thank You and that i promise i will take excellent care of her!!! As for the sensitive part...i feel ya...im sorry i made the empty spot in your driveway and heart...

Oh hey Ashley. (I'm Veronique, not Valerie...lol)

You didn't make the empty spot, don't worry. I am happy my baby is going to someone who will appreciate it. I took good care of it (see how she's still oh so shiny? haha) and I'm hopeful you will too. Good luck with it, and I get the feeling she's going to get a lot more miles put on! LOL

Don't forget to ask people on here advices on how to winterise properly (battery, oil, gas, tires, etc.)

In the mean time...I think I will try harder at getting used to the bulkyness of the gorgeous ZX10 still in my driveway...hope is not all lost, I still have something to ride! (just not as comfy and safe as my 500...lol)

im sorry :/ ive never really been good with names! Glad you still have something to ride! i know you had said last night you felt like someone cut off your wings I will take very good care of her! and i will def be seeking advice! ive already been looking into storing it and have made several calls to my brother in florida..sinces hes owns a zx9r and works for Vortex! Im looking forward to riding her and putting the mileage on as the friends you met last night like to ride early and all day! My last ride was 375 miles in one day and was a blast! Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12