Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1984 bmw 100rs

Lifer

1984 bmw 100rs

I'm posting this for a neighbor. There is a bit of a story behind it but in a nutshell my neighbor is selling this for a family member to help pay bills.

So this has been sitting in a garage for the last 10 or so years. It runs and rolls but needs everything gone through like brakes and tires. Tank has rust in it so that will need a vinegar treatment before you start putting gas in it. Has 19k miles and is all original as far as we can tell and has the title. Has it's sweet original tool kit and everything. The bike is loaded with all sorts of BMW oddities like adjustable steering stabilizer and stuff like that. Bike looks great even close up but certainly needs some work to get it back on the road.

It's taking all my will power not to buy it myself so let's get this thing sold. Such a cool bike.

He is asking $2500 obo to start with. Neither of us has any idea of its value so if that numbers too high or low please speak up. The bike is located in Sturbridge.

Attachment 57698

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 1984 bmw 100rs

I have a couple friends that are all over BMW's like this. I'll be sure to spread the word and get their input.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Excellent, thanks.

rides bikes

Very fair price, I would say

It’s a bargain. Good garden variety airheads sell for $5-6,000.

This one will probably need tires battery etc. Check gas and carbs but easy restore, most likely.

Lifer

For sure a battery, tires I would rock but probably better to be replaced. Brakes are not in a good way and needs the most attention. Carbs seems fine so that's good. They were run dry before storage years ago. The gas tank is not great inside but I've cleaned worse with vinegar and they came out mint. It was full of gas so it doesn't leak at least.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Really just makes me want it more myself now lol.

rides bikes

I was never a big Beemer guy, but I bought an R75/6 off of the son of its original owner a few years ago. It was rough, but it was $700 and had crazy cool stories. Didn't take much to get it going, and was super enjoyable to ride. I'd totally get another one. They're absurdly easy to work on, all you have to do is forget everything you've ever known about motorcycles.

Lifer

Lol. My wife is now telling me to get it after she saw it at my neighbor's. I have too many bikes though. It is a clean looking bike in person, you would never guess it's been sitting for nearly a decade.

I’m kind of interested, if you don’t pick it up let me know. Have a 75 R90/6.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

I'm not going to take it so if you are interested let me know.