Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 6 cyl, 5 speed, lifted, awesome!

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 6 cyl, 5 speed, lifted, awesome!

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 5 speed, 6 cyl, 130k miles, black Bestop soft top. Good mechanical condition, some dents and scratches from the few times I went offroading. Dent in the passenger windshield frame from a tree branch and front fender. Clear coat peeling on passenger side. Front driver seat ripped. Good carpet and rest of interior. Never rockcrawled, just light trails, little bit of mud, etc. I bought it stock and had a shop install all the upgrades. I daily drive it to/from work 20 miles on the highway daily so I never used it much for its intended purpose. Upgrades include:

-x5 Steel 15x8 Black wheels
    -x5 Micky Thompson Baja MTZs 33”x12.5 with about 80% tread left
    -Advance adaptors SYE
    -Tom Woods rear driveshaft
    -BDS Suspensions 3” kit (consists of Pro-Ride coil springs, shocks, bump stop extensions, rear track bar relocation, rear sway bar links, and front sway bar disconnects)*NOTE The shop did not install the transfer case drop. There was no need for this with the SYE and rear driveshaft.
    -After market front bumper with shackle mounts
    -Optima Yellow Top battery
    -KC Slim light Long Range Super White Off-road lights
    -KC Black windshield brackets
    -Warrior Rear Tire Spacer
    -Mirror relocators
    -Warn M8000 Winch and cover (never used to pull off-road, only tested its functionality)
    -(Also have bag of never used off road accessories of gloves, shovel, snatch strap, cleavis’, tree strap, ARB Snatch block and more that can be included depending on sale price.)

I really enjoy driving this, but need something more practical for the amount I drive in a year. I have put about 15k miles on it since I purchased it. Most of those with the lift. It rides well on the highway and isn’t too noisey. I changed all the fluids when I got the truck and have done the oil/filter every 3-4k miles. 4WD works great. I love this thing in the snow! Will be sad to see it go.

Asking $5,600 OBO (Better deal for any NESR members who are interested). No trades! Need to sell to get a new, more practical, vehicle.

Only photos I have of it are a bit older...probably 6 months or so. I will post up new photos soon if needed.

I have all receipts from the parts as well as most of the receipts from the previous owner as well.

EDIT: What it looked like when I bought it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jamesbernatchez; 09-28-10 at 03:44 PM.
    '05 636

Re: 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 6 cyl, 5 speed, lifted, awesome!

pm sent

Mike (Stan) Facebook username = MJStanley508
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    Yoshi R-55 Slip-on, PUIG rear hugger, PUIG windscreen, Pazzo levers, 6k HID kit

PM back at ya.

For everyone else I wanted to mention some stuff I forgot about when I posted this from work.

-does have an exhaust leak-I don't think it is the header, but those are known to crack so it could be that (It has had this since I purchased it)
    -front diff leak from the driveshaft seal
    -slight leak from a trans seal (local shop noticed it) and said it is probably the seal between the transmission and transfer case from what I think they said. It shifts fine, and the leak doesnt seem bad so I haven't done anything about it. I park in the same spot every day and will only notice a couple of drops of trans fluid every now and then. I actually need to check the level this weekend on that and the diff fluid.

From what I know they are all relatively simple fixes, with the trans seal being the most involved.

Body has very little rust. It is 13 years old so keep that in mind. While it isn't perfect it is a great fun vehicle to drive. I never worry about getting stuck in flooding, snow, etc. I have actually never gotten stuck anywhere with this.

Also forgot to mention that it also has a Kilby Steering Box skid installed as well.

I'm willing to negociate the price, but parts alone cost me $5k (I have receipts for most everything I had installed) so even with the small fixes needed it is still a great deal for a reliable vehicle. These motors will run forever!

Last edited by jamesbernatchez; 09-28-10 at 05:37 PM.
    '05 636

Also, since I don't need to sell it I am not in any rush. I see a lot posted for +/- $500 what I am asking and they do not have nearly the parts that I do.

Lift kit was $780
    Tires/wheels were $1500
    Winch was $600
    SYE/Tom Woods Driveshaft were around $500
    Bumper was $150
    Lights were $200
    etc.etc.

Also has Quadratec Deep rubber floor mats up front.

I would be happy to see $5k and I would feel both got a good deal. It would also put me right where I want to be with the downpayment on a new car. Anything less i'd keep it and drive it. I will be posting it up on CL for what I originally am asking.

Last edited by jamesbernatchez; 09-28-10 at 05:35 PM.
    '05 636

obnoxious degenerate

GLWS!! sounds like a great deal, and the 4.0 should do more than 250k if you keep up on maintenence, my last jeep had 245k on it and it still ran great when i parted it out! those tires are amazing too, great traction off road, ive had two friends run those tires, they run great on the road, and have tons of traction off!

have you posted it on any of the 4wd forums around? i can toss it up somewhere if you dont mind. try NEOW or baystate jeepers and youll get a lot of people looking at it.

Last edited by gus310; 09-28-10 at 06:42 PM.
    nine times out of ten its an electric razor, but...every once in a while...its a dildo. of course its company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article "a" dildo ...and not..."your"...dildo...

Haven't yet. Feel free to link it around if you want.

Thanks.

'05 636

Craigslist ad for those of you who want to pass it around to people that might be interested.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1979596808.html

Searching Craigslist My asking price of $5,500 is under what I see the 4.0L going for with more miles than I have. I think I shouldn't have a problem getting over $5k, hopefully soon.

Thanks!

'05 636