Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1997 Toyota Corolla

1997 Toyota Corolla

Im selling my mothers corolla. She doesnt need it as much any more.
    here is the ad on craigslist: http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/2780466404.html

NESR Price: $3500

Also willing to trade for enclosed trailer or the Ford Ambulance that is for sale here. or anything else you guys might think i could find interesting / use for!
    just testing the waters for now, no immediate need to sell anything (will post a lot of stuff on craigslist this week)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 1997 Toyota Corolla

just a tip, that's not a 1997 model...

judging by the headlights, it's either a 98, 99, or 00 model...they redesigned the car between 1997 and 1998; with the newer having a slightly different body and 1ZZ-FE engine instead of the 7A-FE...suspension was pretty much identical though...

maybe she'll get more for it, selling it as a newer year?

Last edited by breakdirt916; 01-03-12 at 03:57 AM.

Correct model is 98 just checked the title thanks for the heads up

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Got me thinking...

I'll be looking for a new 2012 Corolla S shortly and looking to part with the Red2001 Corolla S 5 speed with 170+k shortly. Do you think I could get $3,500+ for it?

It's got a little rubbed on the right side, the evaporator canister needs replacing and goes thru a quart every 3,000.
    What has been replaced:
    Suspension: shocks, struts, springs, sway bar links.
    Oil every 3,000
    Every 30,000 Sparkplug, PCV, clean and recharge K&N air filter
    Rotate tires every 9,000. Alignment is perfect. Tires are worn but even.
    Interior is immaculate.
    Paint waxed every year = Shiny
    Ac+ heat perfect.
    Alloy wheels

Be good to know if you sell your 98 for that.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

How about I buy it for 3000$ from you and whatever extra I can make i keep?

What did they offer you for trade in?

12 are not out quite yet so I have not looked at trade in #'s. 12's were just being built in November. Hopefully some time in Jan. Wife is getting anxious. We don't want the 11 either. Subtle changes in the interior of the12 have really caught our attention over the 11's. Yea, we are picky.

Gino
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Haha I hear ya! My girl just bought brand new 11 or 12 Mazda 3! She traded in her 03 pathfinder with 120k miles abs light on and some rust on the rear fender at Mazda for 4400$!! Toyota and Subaru were giving us 5000 and Honda 5300! I played my cards well wherever we went to bring the prices that high but it is def doable! I'm sure you ll be able to get at least 4000$ for your corolla! Easily

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Haha I hear ya! My girl just bought brand new 11 or 12 Mazda 3! She traded in her 03 pathfinder with 120k miles abs light on and some rust on the rear fender at Mazda for 4400$!! Toyota and Subaru were giving us 5000 and Honda 5300! I played my cards well wherever we went to bring the prices that high but it is def doable! I'm sure you ll be able to get at least 4000$ for your corolla! Easily
    I'll be talking to you when the time comes.

Gino

^ you got it Gino
    * Bump

I sold an '01 Corolla last year, and IMHO, getting more money has EVERYTHING to do with who's buying

my recommendation?
    -cast the net wide, advertise it everywhere, and find someone dumb enough to pay that much
    -use your Gino charm and talk to them in a way that makes them feel good about spending that much
    -encourage them that they're getting a great deal (really hone in on what's important to them)
    -if they walk, tell them "no problem, I have another buyer lined up. Bye!"

the last step didn't work well for me, but I had an offer for $3,500...then they called back and said they couldn't afford it, and wanted it for $3,000. I told them to go screw, that I didn't care, and I had another buyer lined up (who coincidentally only offered $3,100...but I took it). But the first buyer messaged me back pretty apologetically and offered $3,500 again later on...so that tactic might work if you use it right

Last edited by breakdirt916; 01-05-12 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    I sold an '01 Corolla last year, and IMHO, getting more money has EVERYTHING to do with who's buying

my recommendation?
    -cast the net wide, advertise it everywhere, and find someone dumb enough to pay that much
    -use your Gino charm and talk to them in a way that makes them feel good about spending that much
    -encourage them that they're getting a great deal (really hone in on what's important to them)
    -if they walk, tell them "no problem, I have another buyer lined up. Bye!"

the last step didn't work well for me, but I had an offer for $3,500...then they called back and said they couldn't afford it, and wanted it for $3,000. I told them to go screw, that I didn't care, and I had another buyer lined up (who coincidentally only offered $3,100...but I took it). But the first buyer messaged me back pretty apologetically and offered $3,500 again later on...so that tactic might work if you use it right
    you got the steps down perfectly I dont see why you couldnt sell it for more? Unless you didnt have the time to actually sit on it and wait for someone with the money and the need to get it!
    I sold my 92 Corolla with 212k miles for $2000 last summer! I bought for $600 70k miles before I sold it. bought it of craigslist sold it on craigslist

yep...I had a "friend" who claimed he really wanted it...that friend waited until a week before I moved to Cali, then offered me no more than $1,800...at that point in time I realized he never had any money, and I couldn't wait on him to buy my car. I started purging wide, dealing with several window shoppers, low-ballers, then just sold it for $3,100 to an 18 year old kid who's family wasn't very wealthy. I went to his house and met his Mom, Dad, and infant sister when we signed the papers and when I saw how much they needed the car, I felt just fine about selling it for that amount. As a matter of fact, I threw in a 15" eclipse aluminum sub woofer because I knew he'd appreciate it. I moved to Cali in 4 days anyhow, so it worked out for me.

But if you have more time, get more cash!

Last edited by breakdirt916; 01-05-12 at 02:09 PM.

Just poked in KBB. I heard that the Corolla had a good resale but WOW. This is amazing.

2001 S 5 speed
    Sale:
    EX $3,947
    VG $3,672
    G $3,547
    F $2,872

OR

Do I trade it in for the quick no hassle flip.

Decisions...

Decisions...

Gino

well since you havent started anything yet just take some good pics throw it on craigslist with a great description and test the waters! you are not in a rush so nothing to lose..

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Just poked in KBB. I heard that the Corolla had a good resale but WOW. This is amazing.

2001 S 5 speed
    Sale:
    EX $3,947
    VG $3,672
    G $3,547
    F $2,872

OR

Do I trade it in for the quick no hassle flip.

Decisions...

Decisions...
    There are a lot of people stating how and why you can or can't get a good value on trade. I'll play devil's advocate as I work at a Dealer and deal with trade values every day.
    KBB, NADA, Blackbook are great at showing a value. The are also repositories that hold numbers. They won't write a check, BUT we use them. We at the dealer also go after real numbers, like what are comparable cars going for at the Auction and in the surrounding area and this is how we come up with a value. Let me use an example. I had a customer trading in a 2009 Civic, a clean car. He wanted 16K 'cause KBB told him that. The issue was there were 83 other comparable 09 civics with in 100 miles of us. Dealers are in business to make $. To put a Used Toyota On the lot and have it be certified it has to pass an extensive 160 point check and make any repairs as necessary. Even to get a car to the auction there is a cost. It's not as simple and cut and dry as one might think.
    Also what is your time worth, Lost Saturdays, nights, whatever for a bunch of no show's or how much time will you lose on the phone with people lowballing you?

Also when you get the trade value you want, is it reflected in the selling price of the car? ie: Not such a great deal...

Just another view from the other side.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Please educate me: I seem to recal that a trade in reduces the value on the sale of the new vehicle and you pay less on taxes?

Gino

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Please educate me: I seem to recal that a trade in reduces the value on the sale of the new vehicle and you pay less on taxes?
    correct

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Sold

Wow 19 months later

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    Wow 19 months later
    Well it wasnt for sale again up until this month. I just never refreshed here