Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1999 Ford Ranger

1999 Ford Ranger

SOLD.

I will entertain trades for cars similar in value/condition (preference to manual transmission and Subarus, but send me your offers).

KBB puts it at $2,141; NADA puts it around $2,550 for average trade in.

Description and photos below!

1999 Ford Ranger with 143,452 on the odometer. Automatic transmission, 3.0 V6, 4x4 (works great), lifted with mud tires that are in good condition. Minimal body rust, no rot. Dings and scratches befitting a 15 year old truck. Check out the photos for exterior condition. Engine and transmission in good working order.

Known issues: It needs an alignment. It shakes at 65+ -- bad ball joint? Tie rod? Wheel bearing? Something else? The front bumper is beat up, but didn't bother me, and a replacement will run you around +/- $100.

I drive a RWD roadster that wasn't going to cut it for me in the winter so I bought this truck in November 2013 to get me through, with the issues above and never bothered to fix it. I wanted a vehicle that ran well and was ready to take on winter/the snow and this was it. Since firing up my Miata a couple months ago, I've pulled the battery out of the Ranger and put it on a tender. I put 4,885 miles on it in the time I owned it.

So why sell it, even though I live in New England and winter is bound to come again? I really liked this truck. My second favorite vehicle I've owned in winter time. My first was my Saab 92x (rebadged Subaru WRX) on winter tires. With 4x4 engaged, and the tires that were on there, it absolutely destroys the snow. Problem is, with a 90 mile commute each day, the gas mileage wasn't doing it for me. So I'd like to get into a car (or hatch, or wagon...).

With some minor work, this truck would make a fine daily driver. Or - as many Ranger enthusiasts do - turn it into a mudding vehicle.

Clean title in hand, ready to be signed over to the next owner.

Photos taken 5/29/2014:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by hqp921; 06-03-14 at 11:00 AM. Reason: SOLD