Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2000 Volvo S80

2000 Volvo S80

SOLD

2000 Volvo S80 for sale. Asking $1,000 . This is below KBB's "Fair Condition" value and doesn't take into account CarFax's belief it's "worth $910" over book value. However, I recognize that the price of anything is what the buyer is willing to dish out, not what any pricing guidebook says.

Located in Franklin, MA. Photos at end of post.

High mileage at 198,xxx miles, but runs well. Clean MA title in hand and clean CarFax (see below). Exterior and interior wear befitting a 15 year old car with nearly 200k miles, but no major dents/damage.

Inspection ran out last month, and I didn't bother with an inspection as I was in the middle of purchasing a new vehicle. Will not currently pass (Massachusetts) inspection due to Check Engine Light being on. Code is P0455 -- best case scenario? It's the gas cap. Worst case scenario? One of the vacuum lines popped off and/or needs to be replaced. I'll be honest, the code doesn't present any driving issues and I have done zero investigating to as what needs to be done to fix.

Automatic transmission, leather/heated/powered seats, PL, PW, sunroof, all electronics work. Nice luxury vehicle (for its time). I'm including two sets of tires: all seasons (purchased in June 2014) and snow tires that I finally broke down and bought in January IIRC. No service records available.

I bought this car back in August 2014 from a friend to use as a second car/winter beater. I'm selling now because I just bought a truck that meets my needs a little better, and I have no need -- or desire -- to have three vehicles.

Any questions, please PM.

Photos (taken 05/0/15):

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by hqp921; 05-08-15 at 05:40 PM.

Re: 2000 Volvo S80

Will it tow a 6x12 trailer?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Will it tow a 6x12 trailer?
    According to Volvo (reference: 2000 Volvo S80 and 2000 Volvo S80), the 2000 S80 has a max trailer weight between 1,100# to 3,300#, depending on whether or not the trailer has brakes, and the specific towing set-up. Max tongue weight is listed at 165#.

That said, I have no idea what your 6x12 trailer weighs loaded up AND the car currently does not have a trailer hitch attached.

HP

Dude if you can help out a little bit with what that code is I will come get it tonight if you want.
    But it will be driven a lot and into the ground by me so I kinda need to know what that code is.
    I understand your lack of desire to find out just throwing that out here.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Dude if you can help out a little bit with what that code is I will come get it tonight if you want.
    But it will be driven a lot and into the ground by me so I kinda need to know what that code is.
    I understand your lack of desire to find out just throwing that out here.
    I have a scanner and I posted the OBD code in the OP:

Code is P0455
    Google info: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (no purge flow or large leak)

I honestly haven't tried taking it the gas cap off, putting it on and clearing the code.

I haven't looked underneath the car to see if it's as simple as a corroded line from the charcoal canister.

I do know about a month ago, I cleared the code and my wife drove it around for several weeks without the code coming back. Like I said, it doesn't/didn't affect actual driveability, so I didn't really bother looking into it.

HP

Ya I believe it would be fine to drive but I would 100% need to pass inspection in mass

Clear the code and drive it 100 miles and then go get a sticker..........