Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street

$3,300 obo
    2000 Yamaha R6
    Track Bike, race bike, street bike.
    Sadly having to part with my R6, as I have a baby on the way. Need to sell. Female owned and loved. Originally purchased stock when I lived on the East Coast and has been fully modified. Over $3,000 in aftermarket parts and goodies alone! Race fiberglass with Dzus fasteners, Leo Vince exhaust, stomp grip on tank, driven grips and Pazzo adjustable brake and clutch levers. Aftermarket cables, brake pads, chain and sprocket driven conversion kit, d.i.d erv2 gold chain, rear spools, Gilles gold rearsets ($500 imported from England), GP shift, NRC case covers, Scott's steering damper ($500), drilled and tapped with top of the line Ivan's jet kit installed by an East Coast carb guru, bottom end of engine rebuilt and transmission replaced with a 2005 (to avoid the notorious 2nd gear slip problem that first generation R6's had on track). Fully drilled and safety wired. Currently in track plastics but they have been modified so it can still be street ridden (Velcro off turn signals, modified headlights, mirrors.) Takes about 15 minutes to go from street to track mode. This bike is fun on the track and also comfortable enough for long distance street rides. I've done plenty of both with it. The only thing left to possibly modify for track would be if you wanted to change the suspension down the road, but I liked it just fine as is. Needs a new windshield. Easy to work on, very unique bike looking for a new owner to love her! I still have all the OEM plastics I will throw in for free as a spare set, a few pieces are cracked from a track day oopsie but might be fixable. I also have the manual for it.

Other stuff if you are looking to get into track days and/or racing- I also have a pile of race tires that might be usable, and spare wheels for it.
    -Track gas can
    -Set of tire warmers. 1 is a new (used 3 times) chickenhawk, cant remember the brand in the other.
    -Women's Revit GT leather race pants, size 44. Awesome for street or track. Short and long zip to jacket. Brand new, tag still attached. Very high quality, similar to Dainese.
    -Motorcycle cover
    -Probably other stuff too as I go through my garage.

I have lots of pics but have no idea how to post them... Help!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Femmekat; 12-28-15 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Oops

its in my blood

Re: 2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street

Do you have the pics on your computer?
    If so, just reply to your thread and click on the little icon in the reply window that looks like a tree.. that will open a window where you can browse to the folder where your pictures are

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

Re: 2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street

Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    Do you have the pics on your computer?
    If so, just reply to your thread and click on the little icon in the reply window that looks like a tree.. that will open a window where you can browse to the folder where your pictures are
    Oh ok, it's because I was on the mobile site...
    Pics! 2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street-image-jpg
    2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street-image-jpeg
    2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street-image-jpg2000 Yamaha R6 Track/Race/Street-image-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp