Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2001 R1 Parts bike

2001 R1 Parts bike

Well, I wrecked my bike a few weeks ago and I'm trying to see if it's worth it for me to buy it back. Motor has 16k, and just had the carbs rebuilt prior to this happening. Aftermarket rims, carbon fiber pieces, polished frame and a few other things.

Most of the plastics are cracked or heave scratches on it. The stator cover is scratched. Frame is fine. Gas tank has a small dent. The full afermarket exhaust has a few dewnts in it. Front tire is garbarge and the front rim has a ding in it. Let me know what you would like on it and or a price for the whole thing and that'll help me decide if I should buy it back. Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Re: 2001 R1 Parts bike

I would not Buy it back for $15,0000 but I would for $20.75

hint: How much is the buy back

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

About $17-1800

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

All day long, Hell I will buy it

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

whats the cause of "total loss"? frame? forks? other than some cracked plastic I cannot tell.

Carlton
    My facebook

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

its totalled? it looks like scratches! whats wrong with it?

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

i figure you can only buy back from insurance if its total loss! am i wrong again?

Carlton
    My facebook

Littering and........

I'd buy it. If you want to get it for $1700 and make a few bucks on me, I'd be ok with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    its totalled? it looks like scratches! whats wrong with it?

I thought about just buying it and parting the entire thing out. As far as damage goes, it looks like all the fair needs work and the spool on the swingarm broke off. Frame itself looks fine. It wouldn't start but I think it just got clogged with gas. Also I couldn't shift through all 6 gears for some reason. FOrks look fine.

I was told the rims themselves would go for over $1200 but who knows? As of right now, I'm waiting to appeal the amount they are giving me for the bike. After my $500 deductible Im getting $5,012. I told them stock R1's of the smae year are going for that much. I have to collect and show them a bunch of local ads showing that, and they will reconsider their offer.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekR1 View Post
    I thought about just buying it and parting the entire thing out. As far as damage goes, it looks like all the fair needs work and the spool on the swingarm broke off. Frame itself looks fine. It wouldn't start but I think it just got clogged with gas. Also I couldn't shift through all 6 gears for some reason. FOrks look fine.

I was told the rims themselves would go for over $1200 but who knows? As of right now, I'm waiting to appeal the amount they are giving me for the bike. After my $500 deductible Im getting $5,012. I told them stock R1's of the smae year are going for that much. I have to collect and show them a bunch of local ads showing that, and they will reconsider their offer.
    That is unfortunately the reason to purchase gap insurance. when you buy a vehicle as you know drive it off the lot and it depreciates. Insurance does not pay replacement cost.bastards

My policy was for $8000 but they are saying that it really is a cash value policy so that original amount I put down does not matter....bastards

I think I knew the person who owned this bike before you. What was the kids name you bought it off of?

Quote Originally Posted by xxdcmast View Post
    I think I knew the person who owned this bike before you. What was the kids name you bought it off of?
    I think his name was Chris from Wakefield. Bike was in Everett with some kid John i think. The owner Chris, well I'm not too fond of him. The other kid seemed cool though.

I just decided to sell it as is on ebay and see how it does. If it doesn't do as well as I hope, I'll cancel the auction and part it out.. I think it'll be fun part it out. Get to learn a few things too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekR1 View Post
    I think his name was Chris from Wakefield. Bike was in Everett with some kid John i think. The owner Chris, well I'm not too fond of him. The other kid seemed cool though.
    Yea that sounds like him man.... he can be peepee pants sometimes. What was his deal.

What kind of rims are they?

If you part it out you will make way more. I couldn't see a totaled r1 going for more than 3gs.

What type exauhst is it?

If you do part it out I would be interested in a few things my self.

If I were you I would keep it. If you get the from the bank (if it has a loan) or just before the wrecking company buys it the title might stay clean.

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Well, I thought about parting it out which I think would have been fun and a good learning experience, but I was afraid if the motor, frame and rims did not go for a lot, I'd be screwed.

So far the bid is up to $3000 with 3-4 days left.

I have no clue what the rims are or where I can find pictures to compare. If I end up getting a dead beat winner, I'll part it out and help a few people here and on another site looking for parts.

Quick title question. I technically have not bought the bike back yet. I will inform my insurance company tmrw that I'm accepting their offer and buying the bike back. All I have to do is give the new owner the title I have now, right?

Posting Freak

The rims look like older Performance Machine or RC components