Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2004 BMW 325i for sale "AS IS"

2004 BMW 325i for sale "AS IS"

Silver BMW for "SALE AS IS". It is a silver color body with black heated leather seats. Title in hand, no lien, clean.
    Technical details - 184 hp with 2.5 liter, inline 6 cylinder M65 engine, RWD, automatic transmission.
    Options include A/C, Power Windows, Door Locks, Power/Heated Seats, AM/FM/CD/10 Speaker Sound System, Power Sun Roof! It's a fun car to drive.

It has a cracked cylinder head that needs to be replaced, before the car can be driven. The current mileage on it is about 130K. There are no other issues with the car. Fix the car for use or sale or for sell it for parts.

Sale price: $1799 OBO. Call Six Zero Three Two Nine Zero One Two Five Nine
    Car is in Nashua NH. Please call ahead if you would like to come over to check it out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shashankmittal; 04-09-17 at 11:33 PM.

Re: 2004 BMW 325i for sale "AS IS"

LS motor swap candidate

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yellow light, green light, heart stands still...

I think you mean M56 motor in your description, post it on the the BMW new england pages on facebook, it should move.

xxaarraa

I am not very familiar with the Chevy small block family, but I recently came across a thread where an LT4 crate engine was $9500 shipped (wet sump, dry sump was $12k shipped I believe). Assuming you can do the install yourself and figure out all the complications along the way, you'd have an E46 chassis with 460 hp / 460 ft-lbs for $12-13k? Hot dang.

Edit: I suppose you still have to buy a transmission. How much does a Tremec T6 go for?

Last edited by xxaarraa; 04-26-17 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    I am not very familiar with the Chevy small block family, but I recently came across a thread where an LT4 crate engine was $9500 shipped (wet sump, dry sump was $12k shipped I believe). Assuming you can do the install yourself and figure out all the complications along the way, you'd have an E46 chassis with 460 hp / 460 ft-lbs for $12-13k? Hot dang.

Edit: I suppose you still have to buy a transmission. How much does a Tremec T6 go for?
    There are probably adapter plates out there or a new bell housing

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post

If all you want is 460hp, you don't need a $9500 crate motor. You can do that relatively easy with virtually any LSx motor with better heads, intake and ca.

There's even a kit to fit it all in.

Last edited by number9; 04-26-17 at 08:09 PM.
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    If all you want is 460hp, you don't need a $9500 crate motor. You can do that relatively easy with virtually any LSx motor with better heads, intake and ca.

There's even a kit to fit it all in.
    This. If it's a ls2 or 3, don't even need to do heads for 460 hp. Full exhaust, intake, and cam with tune will get you over 500 at the crank. Cnc heads will net you another 50 or so hp. I think I've seen good used tremecs go for under 1k. Definitely wouldn't use the stock beemer tranny!

xxaarraa

With the LT4, you get a more modern engine, with DI, dry sump and cylinder deactivation that works. They don't sound great out of the box, but with a simple cat-back setup and a fix for the noisy DI pump, you can get them to sound OK. A dry sump would be good if you are going to throw it around at the track, and if you are building on an E46 chassis, you likely are.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 04-27-17 at 07:32 AM.