Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2005 Subaru Legacy GT - $2900

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

2005 Subaru Legacy GT - $2900

PM with contact info if you want/ need specific pics or have questions.

Link to CL (pics inside)

Reason for the sale: I am building a 2008 Lego instead of this car.

TL;DR

The Good:
    -Runs and drives
    -Clean title in hand
    -Replaced rubber fuel lines under the intake manifold, intake manifold gaskets, TGV gaskets, bypass tube, all breather hose, turbo inlet hose, PCV and the upper wire harness (all from Prime Subaru in Hudson, NH)
    -No CEL
    -COBB AP V2 available

The Bad:
    -Interior needs cleaning/ detail

Couple notes:
    -The red mudflaps are NOT included.
    -The hood is popped in the pics but does latch correctly and release as it should.
    -Original post stated the intake manifold needed to be replaced. That work has since been completed.
    -Original post stated the transmission cooler lines needed to be replaced. That work has since been completed.

The car is straight and solid however you will certainly want to detail the interior as PO ran the car without floormats. If it really bothers you, consider replacing the front seats due excessive wear and tear.

The VF40 turbo is healthy and has the appropriate amount of shaft play for oil clearance, engine runs healthy and sounds great.

The transmission shifts are crisp.

To my knowledge the car was never performance modified. The turbo was replaced before it blew. Based on my observations, this car checks out fine and requires nothing more than a bit of labor and maybe some nickle and dime items to round out the smallest of details I simply did not have the chance to discover.

Come see the car, make an offer and let's get this thing into a good home where it can be brought back to life and enjoyed as it should be.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 10-21-17 at 07:16 AM.

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Re: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT - $2900

....And this car has the much more sophisticated VTD drive system.

0 Not allowed!
    WR250R | TW200 | Tiger 1050 ABS | CRF100F | R90/6

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

The VTD is seamless....which is more than I can say about other AWD systems in certain luxury vehicles.

Also, as a side note, one can produce more power in the 2005 and 2006 models with fewer hassles as compared to the 2007-2009 models. 300whp is easy....install 850cc injectors, one-piece TMIC, fuel pump, turbo-back exhaust, de-catted UP and tuning. Upgrade the shift valves once you hit 325 whp and be merry.

Working on sorting out the leak at transmission cooler flex lines. Planning on putting this car on the road in the next couple weeks.

I can still work with the asking price as it sits now however it will be not be negotiable once it's on the road.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 09-17-17 at 08:01 AM.

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

Ordering the trans lines today.

If you want to be sub-3k for a good AWD turbo car, now is your time. The asking price only goes north from here once it's registered and passes safety inspection.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

As a precaution, I decided to replace the hard lines as well.

Price is firm.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

Trans lines have been replaced.

I won't increase the price on the forums until the car is on the road and passing inspection. Right now, $2900 gets you a running and driving AWD turbo car.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

...Highly under rated, will embarrass many more expensive cars in the dry, in the wet game over.

0 Not allowed!
    WR250R | TW200 | Tiger 1050 ABS | CRF100F | R90/6

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

I'm glad these cars don't get the attention they deserve. Keeps the insurance premiums in check.

In other news, after getting it all buttoned up this morning I took it out for an hour or so around my neighborhood to blow the dust off and this thing runs awesome! Didn't bother setting up the AP since the ECU is still learning but this car is 100% there. It drives straight, shifts are crispy, everything works, no CEL's, no leaks. Pretty much gonna start running this car as soon as I'm able to get to town hall to register it.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    gonna start running this car as soon as I'm able to get to town hall to register it.

Must be nice to be able to do that lol #jealous

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Must be nice to be able to do that lol #jealous
    I live in a town with ~4700 residents. It has its perks. No lines at the Clerk's Office is one of them. Takes me longer to drive down there than it does to register everything that needs registering.

Small Town USA, FTW!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

The car was registered this past Friday and (almost) passed inspection today......."almost" because I have to remove the tint on the front doors in order to pass.

Drove it ~300 miles over the weekend with no troubles.

EDIT: Just noticed the CL ad has expired. Will repost a link once I repost on CL.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 10-16-17 at 08:33 PM.