Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2005 Suzuki SV650 - VT

2005 Suzuki SV650 - VT

I had this bike up for sale in the spring, but decided to keep it and ride the summer. I love this thing and have turned it into exactly what I wanted it to be, but now I really have to get rid of it... Wedding in October and just bought another 944 with big engine plans in mind... So she's gotta go I bought this bike in the August of 2008 from the first owner with a total of 836 miles on it. It now has a total of almost 18000 miles on it. I have taken it on a handful of cross-country trips and it has never let me down or been down. These are some of the upgrades:

Entire front suspension/section of bike from 2007 GSXR 600, which includes: triple clamps and steering head (bearings as well), forks, brake system, wheel, all this was made to work with various custom clamps and brackets so that the gauges and headlight could swap right on. This spring I decided to change from the clip ons to some Renthal street bars. Drilled the top triple and fabed up some risers. New longer clutch and throttle cables through Motion Pro to make the stretch to the bars. New longer custom front brake line as well.

Leo Vince SBK full exhaust system
    K&N air filter with intake snorkel removed
    Power commander III with map for intake and exhaust mods
    Scotts steering damper
    Rearset riser plates
    Rear seat cowl in matching color
    New battery in spring of 2012
    New 520 chain and lightweight sprockets in spring of 2012
    Tires: Michelin Pilot Road 2 on front with less than 2000 miles on it, and Michelin Pilot Road 3 on rear with less than 500 miles on it (had a flat just North of NYC last fall)
    Valve check/shim adjustment and throttle body synchronization performed at 15000 miles
    Auxiliary 12v power hookup under rear seat cowl with harness long enough to extend into luggage for dryness/concealment.
    Grip heaters under gel grips with hi/low/off rocker switch
    Coolant flushed when valve adj performed and refilled with Engine Ice (runs about 10-15 degrees cooler than before)
    Front frame sliders and rear swingarm sliders

Issues: The speedo started to read in half-as-much mph's last year towards the end of the year. Needs either some new magnets in the rotor or adjustment of the hall effect sensor.
    The tail has some rash in the paint from tie downs because of the way I have to strap down my luggage on trips.

Price is $3750 obro

I have all of the original parts and a full factory service manual to go with it if you so desire.

Bike is located minutes from Burlington, VT.

pm or email me (Mike) at: chiwawa444 @ yahoo dot com

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chiwawa444; 09-05-13 at 05:07 AM.

Re: 2005 Suzuki SV650 - VT

Monday morning bump

Re: 2005 Suzuki SV650 - VT

sold locally