Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - $1,500 Firm

1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - $1,500 Firm

Bike for sale (as is) in Boston.

I’ve been agonizing over this decision all Spring, but I’ve decided to list my bike for sale. I’m thinking about saving up for a kit car (Lotus 7 replica) or something along those lines, and I don’t know if I want to put more time and money into the bike to get it looking and running perfectly. If the bike doesn’t sell, I’ll probably scrap the kit car idea, keep the bike indefinitely and take my time (years) restoring it. This is a bike that I’ve wanted since Kawi first started making the F series in 1995, so it isn’t easy to let it go.

Price is $1,500 firm.

Here are some of the details:

1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    Mileage is 23,375 (might go up slightly, as I still ride it)
    Almost all stock, except for Micron exhaust (very loud) and rear fender eliminated – also, stock decals removed except for the Kawi badge on each side of the tank
    Tires are in great shape (have about 1,000 miles on them)

Pros:

Bike is in good shape physically for its age. Although the plastics have some cracks and scratches, they still look good overall and the bike definitely still turns heads. Battery and tires are relatively new. Also, the original seats are in great shape. I have always kept it in my garage and it was not stored outdoors over the winter.

Gears, fuel system, electronics, brakes, tach all work great. I replaced the original carbs with a stock set from eBay, which GBM installed and professionally cleaned. I then synched them myself with a MotionPro. Bike idles and revs smoothly and sounds awesome.

With a little work or mechanical know-how, this could be a fun and unique street bike for relatively short money. With a bit more work or mechanical know-how, this could probably be a great track bike.

Cons:

The biggest problem with the bike is that it has a stutter/lag around 4-5k RPM at speed. I strongly suspect it is because the carbs have stock jetting that don't get along well with the Micron exhaust. I wouldn’t be surprised if all it took to fix it is to install a stock exhaust. As mentioned before, if I can’t sell the bike, I’m going to install a stock exhaust and restore the bike.

Also, because it's carbureted,the bike needs to warm up before riding and sometimes needs some tinkering to keep it running well.

Finally, because it’s an older bike, the plastics are not perfect. Also, it could probably use a chain cleaning/lube.

But wait – there’s more:

With the bike comes a rear stand, a carb tuner (Motion Pro SynchPro), a battery tender, and a replacement windscreen (smoke grey). Also, GBM still has my old carbs, and I’m in the process of getting them back, so as soon as I do, you will get a set of carbs for replacement parts. I’ll also throw in an oil can wrench and oil pan for shits and giggles.

Pics:

1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0303-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0304-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0305-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0306-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0307-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0308-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0310-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0311-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0312-jpg 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - alt=,500 Firm-img_0313-jpg

Also, check out these threads for more pics (photos are in middle of each thread):

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...mpton-rye-(1A)

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...ton-Beach-Area

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by iloveboobs; 05-19-13 at 12:03 PM.

Re: 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - $1,500 Firm

Just a quick FYI to answer some questions that people have asked:

I have clean title in hand and the bike passed inspection last year, so it's good through the end of this month (and I have no reason to suspect it wouldn't pass again - plus if I don't sell it by the end of May, I'll get it re-inspected myself). Bike is registered and insured, so fully street legal.

I'm ok with test rides, but you have to show me a license with a motorcycle endorsement, let me hold a check for $1,500.00 and sign a simple release (i.e. you crash, I keep the check and you don't sue me). Oh yea, and bring your own helmet.

Also, I work full time, so I can show the bike after 7pm Mon-Fri or pretty much anytime during the day on weekends.

Thanks for looking!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by iloveboobs; 05-19-13 at 08:34 PM.

Re: 1996 Kawi Ninja ZX6R - $1,500 Firm

So I tried reading your ad.

But just couldn't look away from your avatar.

Good price on a nice first gen R. if only it was the green paint scheme I'd own it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd