Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2006 Gray Fisher Tassajara disc 17.5 Inch frame $550.00

well congrats again! very nice bike. i'd love to get something like that. bigger the wheels the better the ride in the ruff. nice components too.

this sport has grown so much since my last bike. i've gone to the mountain bike forums and i'm just lost in all the new tecnology!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    well congrats again! very nice bike. i'd love to get something like that. bigger the wheels the better the ride in the ruff. nice components too.

this sport has grown so much since my last bike. i've gone to the mountain bike forums and i'm just lost in all the new tecnology!
    I hear you on the sport growing. This spring I went out with my neighbor on my college bike (1993 Trek 930) and realized how much the bikes had changed (and how much I was out of shape), then came the Tassajara. Half the weight, 4 inches of fork travel and disk brakes. Now I'm on a mountain bike that has more suspension travel then my first dirt bike and cost damn near twice as much... With me it came down to getting a good frame and reliable component group - at my height and weight I don't put the high end stresses on the parts, and shorter tubes are stronger anyway...

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

yeah i still have my 91 scott (not sold in the u.s. anymore i beleive) with the first set of suspension forks. absolute junk with 1 1/2 inchs of travel. looked cool at the time. everybody freaked when they saw them. i think i paid 900+ at the time and that was huge money. i loved the steel frame it was forgiving as aluminum is just brutal on a hardtail. i will keep that bike forever as it has more miles and memories than most car/trucks i've owned.

i put in my first real ride with the iron horse yesterday. yup, waaay out of shape! i need to adjust or replace the rear shock. pogo city on any climb's plus the derailers are out of adjustment big time.

damn. wish i saw this sooner.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12