Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)

2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)

For sale is a 2006 Harley Davidson VRod.

This is the Street Rod version with mid-control footrest instead of forward controls. The mid-controls lend it a more sport oriented ride position versus the standard Barcalounger position of Harleys.

Black/silver colorway and has minimal upgrades. I added a quick turn throttle and a sport windscreen for some wind protection. Mileage is 11k.

Price $6,000.

The Street Rod with mid-controls was only produced for two years, with many boneheads throwing out the mid-controls and replacing them with forward controls because "thats how Harley's are supposed to be". Runs silky smooth since it is not a standard Harley designed engine, but was engineered with Porsche. That may be a plus or a minus depending on if someone is looking for the standard Harley shake. It's actually quite fun to bomb around on and handles pretty well for what it is. Had it dyno'd and it hit 107hp and 70tq.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)-img_20181023_165908900-jpg   2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)-img_20181023_165716090_hdr-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: 2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)

I had no idea they ever did a v rod with reasonable ergos. The forward controls ruin the v rods I’ve demoed.
    Interesting bike. Glws

Still kinda want this...

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I had no idea they ever did a v rod with reasonable ergos. The forward controls ruin the v rods I’ve demoed.
    Interesting bike. Glws
    Yes, these are somewhat limited as they only made them for two years, called the "StreetRod". They also had a single year run with the Night Rod I believe that had mid-controls. I really hated seeing on the VRod forums people buying this model and then putting forward controls on it. I mean there are a lot more VRods with forward controls, so why not just buy one of those?

This model also had a bit more lean angle available as the controls and exhaust were raised higher than the normal VRods. If I remember correctly, it can go to 42 degrees and the regular VRod is 36 or 38.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Still kinda want this...
    Ha! I was wondering if you would see this. When the warmer weather comes around we can get together for a ride, try it out, unless you are already familiar with them.

I put a couple hundred miles on one of these a few years back. Pretty fun bike for what it is. I'll never forget being super confused when I pulled up to a gas station and couldn't immediately find the damn gas tank lol.

Gonna bump this back up. Looking for $5K now. I put some clubman bars on which certainly help make it feel sportier. Had GMD Computrack refresh/respring/revalve the forks last year right before closing down. Up to a little over 13k miles now.

2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)-20230701_123951-jpg2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)-20230701_124003-jpg

Also put a Vance & Hines 2-1 pipe on it. Much better sound than stock, but not obnoxious at all. Looks a little better, not as heavy looking as the stock setup.

2006 Harley Davidson VRod VRSCR(mid controls)-20230701_123651-jpg

Last edited by PeaPod; 07-30-23 at 08:43 AM.

Bump, bump. $5,000.00