Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2007 ninja 250r

2007 ninja 250r SOLD!

ok ive been asked to repost this due to some problems with the sale, price has been increased to $1500 to reflect mechanical work completed

hey guys, im putting this up here for a friend before it goes on craigslist since someone here is always looking for a first bike. I havent seen the bike so im just going by what she tells me, ill try to get more info and some pics asap

2007 ninja 250r....blue i believe
    edit: got the wrong info, the actual mileage is 5600
    hasnt been dropped
    new tires

shes asking 1500 for it

like i said ill try to update with all the other info, but if anyones interested PM me

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Omahastylin16; 02-22-12 at 04:45 PM.
    "Chatbox...It's like Vegas, for your fingers."

Originally Posted by CBR_Knight
    in my own thread, let me post this:
    first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

Re: 2007 ninja 250r

pm inbound

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

$1,000 for it really? Clean title and all? I may be interested...

-Andy

2013 Triumph Bonneville

pm'd

'02 F4i

How do you wear out tires on a 250 in 2500 miles ?

TIMMYDUCK

yes 1,000 and it has a clean title, been registered and ridden in mass for the past couple seasons. only reason its so cheap is that its not being used a lot lately and money is tight

all i know about the tire is that she was told she needed a new front tire to get a sticker so she replaced both. i assume the previous owner let it sit too long?

Last edited by Omahastylin16; 01-31-12 at 01:58 PM.

first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

pics added!

mike, might want to mention if there's any mods to the bike (lowered height, shaved seat, etc).

nice bike.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    mike, might want to mention if there's any mods to the bike (lowered height, shaved seat, etc).

nice bike.
    thanks jim, as far as i know there arent any modifications to the bike, shes been complaining to me that shes too short for it haha

That is a fantastic price for one of the most reliable, easy to work on bikes I've ever owned.

FWIW I purchased my '94 EX250 in the summer of 2002 for $1k in mint condition with 6k miles on it. Sold it two years later with 20k on it for the same price, after two drops and some cosmetic damage that was still evident.

Whoever buys this bike, short of smashing it into a stone wall, you will have loads of fun, rack up a good number of miles and still be able to turn around and sell it for close to what you buy it for years down the road.

Sold!

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Thanks Jane, sounds like everyone is happy :-)

still for sale

Lifer

What work had been done to it to reflect the price change? cant be tires at 5k.

where is the bike located?

Be careful folks.....

Something is fishy.

I would have paid for the repairs, but something smells like deceit.

MSF RiderCoach

she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Care to elaborate?

The story is a bit long, here is the short of it.

I was accused of things that don't even make sense, received hostile phone calls and texts. Was yelled at for calling the contact that I was given and not knowing who was on the title that I never saw...huh? yeah...that's what I said.

Anyway, the day I went to go pick it up, it was sitting in a HUGE pool of fuel and oil. After lots of drama and being told stuff that is not feasible, they decided to take it to a shop to figure out what was wrong and would let me know...they abruptly canceled the sale without telling me what they found.

She (mother) sent me nasty texts to tell me to come get my money. She cowardly taped CASH to the door so she would not have to face me I suppose, but it makes me wonder what she was hiding or what the problem was (they were nice as can be face to face).

The funny thing is, if they told me what was wrong and showed me the estimate bill or repair, I would have paid for it if it was reasonable and I would have felt better knowing exactly what was wrong. I just could not tell what or why it was leaking because it was all over the place, kind of dark, the body panels were on etc. But it took a sudden change and air of deceit and I was not even given the opportunity.

Last edited by Jaynnus; 02-24-12 at 11:46 AM.

MSF RiderCoach

she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.

Banned

Oh. Wow. Ok.
    Sounds like gummed up carbs with sticking fuel valves and float bowls. That would cause gasoline all over the floor. The bill to repair that would be about $400-$500

Last edited by Degsy; 02-24-12 at 11:36 AM.

Wow...that's alot of money. I need to put a shop in my garage.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Banned

That's not a lot. Remove fuel tank and carbs, disassemble carbs, clean them out (more than an hour just to clean them), reassemble, refit, balance. Plus new rebuild kits.

That's shop prices, not "friend in his garage" prices.

You won't find a shop around interested in a full arb job for less than $400 including parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

Oh. Wow. Ok.
    Sounds like gummed up carbs with sticking fuel valves and float bowls. That would cause gasoline all over the floor. The bill to repair that would be about $400-$500
    I had a couple of questions and spoke to the seller regarding the bike. She confirmed that the bike was looked at by a dealer (Riverside Kawasaki) and that the bike does need a carb cleaning, but the work has not yet be done and will be the responsbility of the buyer.

I can't speak to any of the issues with the failed sale; but I got the impression that upon taking the bike to the dealer it was revealed to the seller that the bike was worth more than $1000.

Banned

Not going to comment on the price. It is what it is however, it sounds like the carbs need cleaning and possibly the fuel petcock also. If the carbs were filling up and the bike sat, there is probably fuel in the oil also. I'd also drain the oil and throw in some cheap oil after the carbs were done and rumor for a bit, then drain and refill with good stuff.

sorry for the trouble jane, i had no idea that there were going to be these kind of issues with the seller, known her for a little while and thought id help out a friend with a sale by offering it to post it here. I didnt have any idea it would be such a headache and im regretting the decision to even post it up

at this point id like to just take the ad down

Last edited by Omahastylin16; 02-24-12 at 06:10 PM.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Omahastylin16 View Post
    sorry for the trouble jane, i had no idea that there were going to be these kind of issues with the seller, known her for a little while and thought id help out a friend with a sale by offering it to post it here. I didnt have any idea it would be such a headache and im regretting the decision to even post it up

at this point id like to just take the ad down
    Thats the trouble with selling for friends. They make you look bad and this is no exception. Id just edit the original posting and take it down that way. Id also ask jane to edit his post and delete his trouble with the purchase so you dont look bad to a casual user.

Hopefully all will be forgiven.