Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2008 Superduke 990 - $7000 OBO - CT

2008 Superduke 990 - $7000 OBO - CT

For sale is my 2008 KTM Superduke 990. It's black. Currently has 23,900 miles but I plan on riding it a little bit more.

This is an awesome machine. I really can't believe I'm putting it up for sale but it's that time. I put maybe 1500 miles on her last year so I cant really justify keeping it . . She isn't perfect but it is a way better machine than KTM originally sold. So basically I bought this as a 4k mile almost showroom condition bike with a few mods from the first owner. I turned it into the "high" miles animal you see today. If it doesn't sell, I'll put what I have of the stock parts back on and part out the goodies.

I have to disclose that it was low sided once. Slow speed (less than 30mph), cold tyres (November), touchy throttle response (stock KTM tune). The only noticeable evidence is the scratches and light dent in the right side muffler. There are some light scratches in the plastics but they aren't very noticeable from a few feet away. The clutch cover was replaced with new OEM unit due to some scratches.

I've done a lot of work to this bad boy in my ~two years of ownership to get it where it is today:

Maintenance (mileage the work was performed at): Most of this was preventative and due to OCD...
    Fork seals/oil (not blown but one side weeping steadily at @ ~22k mi)
    Timing chain tensioners (22k)
    Valve adjustment (twice, first time exhaust valves were about .0005" out of spec so they were adjusted with the proper shims. The second round, the clearances hadn't moved)
    Spark Plugs, oem.
    Water pump overhaul and seals (@11k: due to slow coolant loss, which stopped with this fix. Included bearings, shaft, impeller, seals, all KTM parts)
    Chain/ sprockets (@20k: Afam steel sprockets in stock sizes as it definitely doesn't need more low end! + DID 525VX gold/black chain)
    Sprocket carrier hardware (@20k: nuts and bolts, noticed the bolts which interface with the Cush drive on the wheel had some wear)
    Countershaft oil seals and ignition cover gasket (@18k mi)
    Brand new rear Michelin Pure (less than 500 mi and the front Pure is in pretty good shape)
    Electrical connectors cleaned and packed with di-electric grease

Cool stuff:
    This was tuned with tuneECU and a zeitronix data logger (monitored wideband o2, tps, map, and rpm, tuned both cylinders individually). The tune isn't 100% perfect but it is most definitely safe. You could probably save some fuel by running it leaner but that was not my intention with this tune. It runs well, doesn't surge and it pulls WAY harder up top than it did.
    Full Titanium Akrapovic system (headers too, not just the slip-ons. carbon fiber muffler caps)
    Motohooligans airbox + Outerwears prefilter
    Rc8 velocity stacks
    Rc8 throttle tube
    Deleted 2nd throttle flies
    Brembo SC front pads (really made the brakes awesome, imported from UK!)
    WP steering damper
    Vortex rear-sets
    Full delrin frame and axle sliders
    Custom bar-end weights
    Folding bar-end mirrors
    Carbon fiber akrapovic front fender (has some chips in the clear)
    Carbon fiber akrapovic rear hugger/chain guard
    Custom undertail (sheet metal/ plate, really cleaned up the tail)
    Smaller blinkers all around
    Rewired headlights with a relay off a stock accessory outlet so low beam stays on with high beam.
    Heated grips on stock throttle tube (easier to swap out but more aggressive taper)
    CJ Designs SAS block off plates, (Orange anodized aluminum)
    CJ Designs ignition cover plug (Orange anodized aluminum)
    KTM frame plugs (Orange anodized aluminum)
    I have the KTM brake and clutch reservoir covers but they aren't on at the moment (Orange anodized aluminum)
    KTM clutch and brake perch clamps to get rid of the mirror mounts.

Only think I can think of that doesn't work as it should is the fuel low level sender... It doesn't indicate when you're low on fuel so making sure you don't go over 150 miles is key.

Clean Ct title in hand. I also have the KTM binder/booklet it came with, both keys and an electronic service manual.

Asking 7k or best offer. Its probably high for the miles but it really is set up well. Also look up how much the full ti akra system goes for
    I might trade for a clean 1999-2003 BMW 540i 6 speed...

I'll try to add some tonight but for now, see here for photos: 2008 KTM Super Duke Superduke

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2008 Superduke 990 - $7000 OBO - CT

Photos. This is best offer too!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!