Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2009 Yamaha Fz1

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Re: 2009 Yamaha Fz1

In listing three bikes for sale on NESR the past few years, I dealt with three first-time posters. Two of them were straightforward and recognized a good bike at a good price, and settled on the spot. The third fellow kept up with questions on the phone, explaining his other expenses as a way of angling for a lower price, as if that would change my view of the bike's value, then the last straw out of many was when he asked if he could ride the bike home to NY on my plate. No. Good-bye.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    And don't believe everything you think.

With all of the details I've heard in this post, 4K is a steal for this bike. If I were in the seller's shoes, I wouldn't be offended if someone attempted to talk me down, I just wouldn't let myself get dragged into it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

This price is phenomenal.

obnoxious degenerate

Quote Originally Posted by ccsracer388 View Post
    First, I want to start out by saying that Duganc1717 seems like a very nice guy. His FZ1 is a very clean well sorted bike. It needs a couple small things, but what bike doesn't. The mapping is pretty rich, backfiring and popping on decel. CCT is also making a little noise, although minor, we all know when they start, they go.
    I guess that where the good ends. I drove out to see the bike today. Clearly told him it was about an hour each way. I saw and rode the bike, and was on the edge of buying it. I'm just not an impulsive person and wanted to think about it for a bit. I happen to have a friend that lives right up the street, so I stopped in there for a bit. While there I text Duganc1717 that I'm still on the edge although thinking, and ask if there is anything he can do to push me over the edge. He had mentioned still having some stock parts, so I was thinking maybe he would throw a couple in.
    I get the following text back

"Actually decided to hang on to the FZ1. Sorry wasting your time, selling just does not make sense at this time"

It now becomes very clear why this bike has been for sale over a year. He is clearly does not want to sell it, or has an emotional attachment.

This is a buyer be ware. Do not waste your time driving to see this bike, just for him to reconsider selling for his exact asking price.
    i met duganc1717 to buy an extra seat he had for this bike, and i got exactly the opposite of this impression, fwiw. asked a couple q's ahead of time, brought cash, had a conversation, he made me a hell of a deal, he was very easy to talk to, honest, and straightforward. i had no problem negotiating with him as a realistic adult, and i left with a new to me seat and very happy with a smooth transaction.

to ccs, id say you got into the transaction at a perfect coincidentally bad time, but you didnt run into a bad seller. and if this is as upsetting a transaction ever ended fo you, do consider yourself lucky. and if its an fz1 you want, there are a lot of them for sale, even semi locally, on fz1oa. seems people arent buying them much these days, and some have gone for really cheap prices.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nine times out of ten its an electric razor, but...every once in a while...its a dildo. of course its company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article "a" dildo ...and not..."your"...dildo...

Quote Originally Posted by gus310 View Post
    i met duganc1717 to buy an extra seat he had for this bike, and i got exactly the opposite of this impression, fwiw. asked a couple q's ahead of time, brought cash, had a conversation, he made me a hell of a deal, he was very easy to talk to, honest, and straightforward. i had no problem negotiating with him as a realistic adult, and i left with a new to me seat and very happy with a smooth transaction.

to ccs, id say you got into the transaction at a perfect coincidentally bad time, but you didnt run into a bad seller. and if this is as upsetting a transaction ever ended fo you, do consider yourself lucky. and if its an fz1 you want, there are a lot of them for sale, even semi locally, on fz1oa. seems people arent buying them much these days, and some have gone for really cheap prices.
    Glad to hear it sounds like the seat is working out! Also thanks for the feedback....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123