Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2009 Yamaha Fz1

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: 2009 Yamaha Fz1

God I hate Craigslist so much right now. GLWS... because, reasons

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by duganc1717 View Post
    CL people suck bump!
    You mean you dont like my xbox for your bike or ill give you 3k cash today VERY SERIOUS!

GL.. I also hate people on CL

Quote Originally Posted by MoXzilla View Post
    You mean you dont like my xbox for your bike or ill give you 3k cash today VERY SERIOUS!

GL.. I also hate people on CL
    Always love the "cash" today comments..... Cash, instead of what? Used cat litter?

On a more serious note, anyone interest in the bike at $4k with it back to stock?

Can you offer more info on the derestricted ECU? Is this just a reflash for the fueling/ butterfly logic or is it something else?

Also, at what mileage was the gearing installed?

If you still have my number feel free to text.

Cut and paste from vendor that performed ECU work.
    "fan temps come at earlier and speedometer correction, disabling Injector decal cut, ais and exup valve, rev limiter, all speed and ignition restrictions are removed, STP is opened to 100% much earlier then stock."

Gearing changed at around 11k miles.

FYI just listed a part out thread tonight on a Yamaha site......

Last edited by duganc1717; 08-09-16 at 08:12 PM.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Can you offer more info on the derestricted ECU? Is this just a reflash for the fueling/ butterfly logic or is it something else?

Also, at what mileage was the gearing installed?

If you still have my number feel free to text.
    More importantly, this fixes any fueling issues that original Gen II FZ1 plus adds power and smoothness! This bike is a beast when needed with these add ons. It's a steal of a price and if my stable was not full already I'd be all over this

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

ECU work and Yoshi full pipe really let the R1 finally come alive.

Sadly not one person has come to look at the bike. I could lower the price to $4200 and still get the typical "what's the lowest you'll take tonight cash in hand"!

Bike is a steal at this price!

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    More importantly, this fixes any fueling issues that original Gen II FZ1 plus adds power and smoothness! This bike is a beast when needed with these add ons. It's a steal of a price and if my stable was not full already I'd be all over this
    The 2006 and early 2007's had some issues. The rest of the complaints were all in people's heads.
    I owned a 2008 and rode a friend's 2006, both in stock form. Two completely different experiences, IMO, with regards to fuel mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by duganc1717 View Post
    ECU work and Yoshi full pipe really let the R1 finally come alive.

Sadly not one person has come to look at the bike. I could lower the price to $4200 and still get the typical "what's the lowest you'll take tonight cash in hand"!

Bike is a steal at this price!
    If timing plays to my favor, I wouldn't be showing up to look at it as I can fully imagine the level of quality and care this bike has received based on my most recent purchase from you.

My only setback right now is liquid assets but I do have a couple Xbox's you might be interested in.....

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Butcher! FZ1! When do we go to VIR?!?

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    The 2006 and early 2007's had some issues. The rest of the complaints were all in people's heads.
    I owned a 2008 and rode a friend's 2006, both in stock form. Two completely different experiences, IMO, with regards to fuel mapping.

If timing plays to my favor, I wouldn't be showing up to look at it as I can fully imagine the level of quality and care this bike has received based on my most recent purchase from you.

My only setback right now is liquid assets but I do have a couple Xbox's you might be interested in.....

Thanks for the compliment Bergs, if those Xbox's each have $2,250 inside of them I'm all in.......

Beer bump

Pay-day bump

Will still consider partial or full trades for another motorcycle.

$4250 bitches

Last call, $4k.

Sweet jeebus this is a steal.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

I would prefer to sell outright, but I have a trade offer on the table that I'm going to look at tomorrow. If anyone is interested in the FZ! speak now!

Here's me speaking up! Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by ccsracer388 View Post
    Here's me speaking up! Check your PM
    PM responded to.

First, I want to start out by saying that Duganc1717 seems like a very nice guy. His FZ1 is a very clean well sorted bike. It needs a couple small things, but what bike doesn't. The mapping is pretty rich, backfiring and popping on decel. CCT is also making a little noise, although minor, we all know when they start, they go.
    I guess that where the good ends. I drove out to see the bike today. Clearly told him it was about an hour each way. I saw and rode the bike, and was on the edge of buying it. I'm just not an impulsive person and wanted to think about it for a bit. I happen to have a friend that lives right up the street, so I stopped in there for a bit. While there I text Duganc1717 that I'm still on the edge although thinking, and ask if there is anything he can do to push me over the edge. He had mentioned still having some stock parts, so I was thinking maybe he would throw a couple in.
    I get the following text back

"Actually decided to hang on to the FZ1. Sorry wasting your time, selling just does not make sense at this time"

It now becomes very clear why this bike has been for sale over a year. He is clearly does not want to sell it, or has an emotional attachment.

This is a buyer be ware. Do not waste your time driving to see this bike, just for him to reconsider selling for his exact asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by ccsracer388 View Post
    First, I want to start out by saying that Duganc1717 seems like a very nice guy. His FZ1 is a very clean well sorted bike. It needs a couple small things, but what bike doesn't. The mapping is pretty rich, backfiring and popping on decel.
    As stated on out phone call the bike has never been dyno tuned. I chose a map from a Fz1 site that was a little rich, personally I rather be on the rich side then lean.....

CCT is also making a little noise, although minor, we all know when they start, they go.
    Never noticed the CCT being noisy, welcome someone else to look at it and offer there opinion.

I guess that where the good ends. I drove out to see the bike today. Clearly told him it was about an hour each way. I saw and rode the bike, and was on the edge of buying it. I'm just not an impulsive person and wanted to think about it for a bit. I happen to have a friend that lives right up the street, so I stopped in there for a bit. While there I text Duganc1717 that I'm still on the edge although thinking, and ask if there is anything he can do to push me over the edge. He had mentioned still having some stock parts, so I was thinking maybe he would throw a couple in.

I had already stated that what leftover original parts I had for the bike were included, such as the rear shock, stock handlebars and risers. Plus whatever paperwork I had, such as the build card from Nitron for the shock, PC V box and cable, owners manual and spare keys.

Also when returned from test riding the bike you stated that you were "not that excited on the bike and it steered like a truck, although that may be attributed to the worn front tire". You then stated that your buddy lived and on Salem End Road and you were going to have a beer and think about it.

You teted me stating "I'm so on the edge. Is there anything you can do to push me over the edge?

I explicitlystated in my PM's before you came to look at the bike that if I was offered a dollar less than my $4k price I would push it back in the garage! Pretty clear!

I get the following text back

"Actually decided to hang on to the FZ1. Sorry wasting your time, selling just does not make sense at this time"

It now becomes very clear why this bike has been for sale over a year. He is clearly does not want to sell it, or has an emotional attachment.

This is a buyer be ware. Do not waste your time driving to see this bike, just for him to reconsider selling for his exact asking price.
    I have been around the New England sportbike riding scene since the Sportbikerider.com days, sold over 30 bikes and have ridden well over 200k miles and take pride in selling bikes that I represent accurately. I have sold a few bikes on NESR w/o any issues and invite anyone to come look at the bike and make there own call on the bike and seller!

Below is a list of the actual text conversations....

Mods feel free to edit this thread as necessary, I encourage you to keep all of the content, but perhaps move it to a new thread.

If you need a windscreen to "push you over the edge" then perhaps you should not be buying the bike! Again just my opinion.

Last edited by duganc1717; 08-28-16 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Edited content to accommodate buying parties request!

Lifer

Well, the advertisement is pretty clear about the price being firm and I do think you get a lot of bike for the price - I would be all over this bike if it fit in my stable right now! I think for your second post on this forum you should be careful with what you say as it seems quite offensive to me. Obviously, you had a misunderstanding with the seller. I would leave it at be and move on. To loose a good bike over something like a windscreen is stupid.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

To the buyer, instead of an FZ1, I would suggest a front wheel drive sedan with snow tires.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Even though it sucks to drive and not get the deal done, and it was close close close to getting done, the fact is there was never a "meeting of the minds" that the seller backed out of. If the buyer simply said "I will take it" at any point before the offer to sell was retracted, he'd have a real complaint.

The fact is, when dealing with what seems like a good deal, and what seems like a motivated seller, an experienced buyer needs to shit or get off the pot, both to not present the seller the chance to change his mind, and to prevent someone else from scooping it up. I've bought a lot of bikes too, and at least 80% of the time, if I'm driving there to look at it, and it is as represented in the ad, I'm going to take it on the spot. I might ask for a better price, but if he won't come down, I'm locking in the deal with an acceptance of his offer to sell right then.

There's such a thing as seller's remorse, too, and you can't let them taste it while they can still retract the offer to sell!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Imbeek; 08-28-16 at 08:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast