Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Free to good home - two adult cats

Free to good home - two adult cats

Separated, I can't take the cats with me and my wife doesn't want them any more. They're both box-trained indoor-only cats.

1. Isis is a 6 year old 3rd generation Savannah. She's typical of the breed, aloof until she wants some lovin' and then pours it on thick. The hair on her back sticks up, her tail gets all poofy, and she talks up a storm while getting scratched. She's a jumper, too. I've seen her go from the floor to the top of the refrigerator in one go before.

2. Nephthys (Neffie) is a five year old Bengal.This cat is unbelievably good with small children. She has put up with both of our two kids through their grab-everything-in-reach-and-bite-it phases, tail pulling, you name it, and adores the attention. When she's had enough she waits for them to loosen up and just walks away. No drama, a real sweetheart.

These are the only pets we've had so I'm not sure how they are with other animals. We've had a friend over that brought a small dog with them and they were mostly curious, no real aggression. More butt sniffing than hissing.

I would very much like both cats to go to the same home. They're best friends with each other and I don't want to split them up if at all possible. I know re-homing adult cats is nigh impossible but the wife is talking shelter and I want to avoid that at all cost. Cats are located in Brockton (02301). If interested or you know someone who is, PM me or text me at (508) 816-Zero One Six Eight.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by -Dutch-; 01-05-15 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Can't spell my own cat's name...

Re: Free to good home - two adult cats

Bump for a good home!

I'd take them in a second if we didn't already have 3 in the house. And ours are all in pretty good health so no changes coming soon and we're (my wife and I) are not able to become "crazy cat people" any worse than we already are.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Check some local rescues, they may be able to at least find a foster until they can find them a home.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I've got a few bites, one in particular who's interested in both that I'll be talking to tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a few more pictures for my fellow pussy-lovers in here.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

I hope you find them a good home, sorry you have to give them up. id be heart broken

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm not happy about it at all. Any time I'm sitting down at home I could always count on at least one of them joining me; I'm not looking forward to it in the least.

I did have a conversation with someone today who would like to take both of them. She gets that they've been together their whole lives and doesn't want to separate them either. I should know for sure in a day or two.

that bengal is a beauty, glad your able to find a home for them,
    good looking critters

eat me

Major breakthrough! I went to the house to pick up the cats to take them to the vet, expecting to have a meeting time afterwards with the woman who wanted to take both of them.

Went to the vet, both cats are in good health, still no answer from Adopter.

Went back home, brought the cats inside, wife told me she told the kids the kitties were going bye bye and the three of them started crying. Of course, as soon as she tells me that both of us tear up, me being Mr Macho-man-kitty-bitch.

So, as it stands right now I'll keep up with the cat-related expenses and she'll keep them housed until I find my own place that will let me take them. She doesn't actually want to take the cats away from the kids, just can't include them in the budget.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by -Dutch-; 01-10-15 at 11:23 AM.

I'm happy for you. Having to let them go while you are going through a rough time is just an extra kick while you're down.

Good news!

This is wonderful news! I wish you all the very best to get things resolved quickly.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

Lisa

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

That's so AWESOME man! really glad you'll be able to keep them and then later have them if your place.

so glad the kiddos saved the day