Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2004 Subaru WRX

2004 Subaru WRX

Listing my trusty 2004 Subaru WRX sedan for sale. I've owned this car since July 2005 and am selling because I bought a new one last year. While I initially intended to keep the car and prep it for track / rallycross duties, it's currently beyond my time and talent.

Price: $2000
    Mileage: 179k

Why am I asking such a low price? Am I crazy? Without commenting on mental health, there are reasons why I'm listing it below the KBB ("Fair" condition, private sale) price of $4084.00.

Here's the full-disclosure, to the best of my knowledge.

Modifications:
    - I only put a few light (and professionally installed) modifications on the car. I only replaced parts when they broke, Ex: the exhaust went on only after the stock one developed a leak during a winter.
    - Cat-back exhaust with "Whisper Tip" from MadDad Performance, installed by respected Subaru (and rotary) speed shop Synaptic3 in Candia, NH.
    - Headers, installed by Synaptic3.
    - Boost solenoid and dyno tune, also by Snaptic3.
    - Walbro 255 lph fuel pump.
    - ECU replaced with refurb OEM one after an airbag control went bad.

Good:
    - Starts without a problem, idles steady, runs strong with full boost.
    - Holds temperature without a problem.
    - Body looks good from 20' away.
    - Has had some significant parts replaced w/ receipts: timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, brake rotors.
    - Sounds pretty mean.
    - Interior is in decent shape for an 11-year old car.
    - NH title in-hand.
    - Comes with 2 sets of wheels / rubber. Both sets are the 16" OEM WRX rims. The old looking set, currently on the car, have Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted. The nicer looking set, which I bought with the car originally, have Dunlop Star Specs mounted.

Bad:
    - Small amount of coolant accumulating on top of radiator (see engine pictures). Could be from metal fatigue between the aluminum and plastic junction, could be due to perforations in head gasket causing exhaust bubbles in the coolant. I haven't had it thoroughly investigated.
    - Suspension is on its last legs upfront, and pretty much shot in the rear.
    - Due to the tune (and possibly removal of 2nd cat), the rear O2 sensor throws a high level code when the ambient temperature is below ~40 degrees. If your state requires you to do the OBDII plug-in as part of your inspection, you will not want to have this performed in the winter.
    - Crack in windshield.
    - I have a small laundry list of items culled by Manchester Subaru shortly before the car was parked (see pic). Items include headlight out, CV boots cracking, fuel rail.
    - It has been parked for a year, so it's possible that other components have deteriorated.
    - Interior smells a bit funky. No further comment.

The NH inspection sticker has been out for over a year, so the car has only been started and driven around the yard a few times since it was parked a year ago. If it's not obvious from the description above, this is not a 100% ready-to-inspect-and-plate car. It does not need to be trailered, but don't expect this to become your daily driver the day after you get it home.

I'm listing it on local motorsports forums for now, since this is more likely to get interest from people who might know cars better than the general Craigslist population. Hopefully, it will go to someone who knows/likes these cars and will be able to get some good use out of it. Not looking to get top dollar, just what it's worth. I'm also open to trades (plus +/- cash, depending) - mainly small bikes (Grom, Honda/Kaw 300cc), but let me know what you have, so long as it's turn-key. No projects, please.

Wish I didn't have to sell a car with such personal history, but it's time. If you'd made it this far and are still interested, PM me with questions, or if you'd like to come check it out in Candia, NH. Thanks!

Full photo gallery, including items list by Manchester Subaru:
    2004 WRX - Album on Imgur

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by curiouser; 11-17-15 at 12:33 PM.
    2004 SV650S

Re: 2004 Subaru WRX

Of course you put this up as I'm about to sell mine. Coulda made two sad cars into one happy car!

Good luck with your sale. That's a really good asking price.

BTW, there is a bypass for the O2 sensor using a resistor however the value of the resistor I do not recall at the moment. Some light searching of the webs would likely have the answer.

Cool, thanks for the info. I did a resistor "fix" on one of the O2 sensors while the car was still stock.. 3 weeks after purchasing it, actually. This new one will likely work similarly. NH does inspections during your birth month, and mine's in the summer, so I haven't had to be concerned about the emissions.

Good luck selling yours as well. They're great little cars. I've never considered myself a Subaru fanboy, but I must be de-facto, since I replaced it with a new one!

2004 SV650S

Bump for a fun winter beater.

2004 SV650S

Major price drop (firm). I'd like this to be off my plate. Plus, you know you want a quick AWD winter project / beater.

2004 SV650S