Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2012 ktm 300xc

2012 ktm 300xc

It's time. I'm not gonna race it this season. I pretty much have to go all in to race bicycles (full retard if you will, lifestyle wise), so this thing is literally going to sit. I've pretty much only raced it the past 2 years, with literally just a couple of times out goofing off with my homies in the woods (which I miss terribly).
    So here's the nuts and bolts:
    2012 ktm 300xc
    Currently 79.7hrs on the top end
    Scotts stabilizer and brp anti-vibe tower (pretty much brand new)
    Converted to 14-15 shrouds/air box/side covers (they break less)
    C-cycle suspension set up/sprung for 185lbs B rider (it's titties, with these, and the stabilizer it goes STRAIGHT where you point it)
    Necessary skid plates/radiator guards which have seen their share of performance testing
    Acerbis X seat on it now...good tool for teaching you to stand up because it's hard as a fucking rock, but indestructible
    Stock seat is still on hand, seat cover is ripped (I got frustrated with replacing covers and snagged the acerbis seat)
    Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch and brake levers (1 finger operation of both. You will learn to make this intuitive...like a Jedi)

It needs: technically nothing.
    BUT, if I was gonna put in a full season on it again I'd plan on the following:
    Throw a top end at it. Not because it needs it, but one has to pull it apart to clean the power valve, so why not put it together fresh?
    A pipe. Fmf gnarly is functional, albeit dented from about a season and a half of New England woods.
    Since you'll be pulling the top end apart to clean and freshen, you (I) should replace the cracked flange, which currently is guarded and functional thanks to a trail tech exhaust flange collar and some ultra-black rtv.
    It has a tusk clutch in it. It's grabby when cold going from neutral to first. Once it's warm it slips and grips fine. It'll start in first gear fine with the clutch pulled in too, should you happen to stall it in the rocks while you're breathing through your eyelids (you will).
    If you don't want to stall it, there's a rekluse clutch ready to drop in too. I bought it from jc when he got the new bike whith the diaphragm clutch, and it has almost no hours on it, as I never put it in the bike.
    I'd also pull apart and grease all the swingarm/linkage bearings.

I have some spare stuff, shifter, a total of 3 air filters I circulate/clean as necessary, maybe some brake pads and/or wheel bearings (I know I just replaced the rear wheel bearings, I can't remember if I did the fronts too, but I remember buying both ends)

Here's how this can go down:
    $3500 take it away.
    $4000 take it away with the second set of wheels, (complete-no tires mounted, rotors&sprocket, and a spare set of bearings for these)
    $4500 I go through it and make her pretty again
    $5000 I make it pretty and the spare wheels

I will not separate anything. I will sell the spare wheels if the buyer doesn't want them AFTER the bike sells, so don't ask. I have a buddy that has indicated he'd probably grab em up, so he gets first dibs.

TITLED AND PLATED IN MASS. It is bare bones. Factory headlight, tail/brake. I've never put blinkers or any DOT stuff on it, nor ever inspected it in my ownership.
    Im probably forgetting a BUNCH of stuff I wanted to say in this ad, or list under spares, condition, and problems, so I'll probably edit this as I start going through it. I cleaned her up after toys for tots in November and parked her. I never put studs or winter jets in it this year, as I never rode it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Chippertheripper; 04-16-16 at 04:08 PM.
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Re: 2012 ktm 300xc

This is a sad post. But, I'll put the word out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

Some bullshit right here. But GLWS anyway.

Tempted but a year away for me

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

You're selling a bike 7 years newer than mine with half the hours and for only $500 more than I paid?! I take it back, no free beer for you! You asshole

Last edited by number9; 04-17-16 at 11:18 AM.

Lifer

This bike rides nice. Sold me on buying a KTM 2-smoker. Lotsa toys bolted to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    You're selling a bike 7 years newer than mine with half the hours and for only $500 more than I paid?! I take it back, no free beer for you! You asshole
    You need to take that shit back. Tell the seller it didn't stay up when you rode it at crowhill so there must be something wrong with the bike. Lol

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

I freak out when I see stuff sit. Use it or lose it...comes from living in a shoe box all these years.
    I won't be totally heartbroken if it sits there and begs to get thrashed a couple times a year, but the writing is all over the wall.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

One of these cats sold you out on ADV-Rider. I made the mistake of admitting I know you. Now the guy is asking for contact info.
    You want me to pass info onto him? Guys been on ADV rider since like '10 or something. Probably not spammy magee. Probably.

I just put it up there today. He can ping me there.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Wait...Todd sent me a message here. If that's who you're referring to.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Lifer

Different dude, I think, maybe. Probably. Who knows.
    I found your FS listing there, forwarded to him. If he can't figure it out he probably can't figure out how to work paper money anyway.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Up, I guess. Legal mass riding opens Monday, I think. Or Sunday. Either way, pretty much now.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet