Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My house, Foster, RI

My house, Foster, RI

If you're looking for a newer house, maintenance free exterior, and 4 miles worth of your very own trails/practice/training track in your backyard...here's your chance.

19 B T Parker Rd, Foster, RI 2825 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com(R)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: My house, Foster, RI

Best of luck with the sale. I remember following the build thread with awe. Fantastic house

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Looks good. GLWYS

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

I wish I could own that joint.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I wish I could own that joint.
    +1 would love to have it. good luck with the sale, Mark!

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Google mapped your town. You never mentioned your proximity to Thompson. Easy commute to those track days.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Google mapped your town. You never mentioned your proximity to Thompson. Easy commute to those track days.
    35 minutes to Thompson, new place will be 20 minutes to Thompson...haha

Yamaha

Lifer

Fall out of bed, land on race track!

I should be in real estate. I could sell a ketchup popsicle..

I noticed the listing mentions horse possible. Likely a much larger selling point for anyone in the market. We all know TD junkies live out of their vehicle.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Fall out of bed, land on race track!

I should be in real estate. I could sell a ketchup popsicle..
    Too bad you can't buy anything.
    Ba dump bump tssssssshhhhh.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    I noticed the listing mentions horse possible. Likely a much larger selling point for anyone in the market. We all know TD junkies live out of their vehicle.
    The zoning is Agriculture/residential, you're allowed 1 horse per acre. The possibilities are endless if someone wanted to start a small farm, as there are almost no limits. While this lot is rolling and rocky (typical new england), there are no wetlands at all

Aaand on the market for 1 day, and already have a scheduled showing

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by R7; 03-09-16 at 04:06 PM.
    Yamaha

One horse per acre. That's a whole 'nuther thread. Most sincerely, good luck with the sale, it looks wonderful! I need someone to adopt my antique house and whip it into shape.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

I wish this was available when we bought last month. Unfortunately, babies don't follow regular folks timelines. I'm sure this won't be on the market for long.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I wish this was available when we bought last month. Unfortunately, babies don't follow regular folks timelines. I'm sure this won't be on the market for long.
    I would love to have had a feller member/rider buy it, and thank you for asking about it at the time.

The realtors don't think it will last long....we are up to 4 showings this weekend. They are telling me this is a very good sign!

Yamaha

Is the realtor your sister or cousin haha?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Is the realtor your sister or cousin haha?
    It's my aunt..haha It's actually a joint listing, she is from southern RI and handles Kent, Washington, and Newport Counties. The other agent is from northern RI and handles Providence and Bristol counties.

Yamaha

Lifer

I'm sure it's an entirely different market, but a coworker of mine recently listed his house (in north/central MA). He had something like 8 showings and an open house. He was starting to sweat when suddenly they got an offer over asking.. then 2 more offers minutes after they accepted that one. 10 total days on the market. He feels that the real estate market is in good shape. I'm hopeful for when I list mine later this spring/summer.

I'm sure it's an entirely different market, but a coworker of mine recently listed his house (in north/central MA). He had something like 8 showings and an open house. He was starting to sweat when suddenly they got an offer over asking.. then 2 more offers minutes after they accepted that one. 10 total days on the market. He feels that the real estate market is in good shape. I'm hopeful for when I list mine later this spring/summer.
    I'm at 12 days on the market, have had 7 showings, have had great feedback from buyers and agents on the build quality and cleanliness of the house/land, and so far have had 1 insultingly low offer. I showed motivation by countering back with a sizable chunk off the price, only for them to counter back raising their last offer a couple $K. I'm motivated, but I'm not dealing with that this early.

Sooo Bump if anyone is looking

Yamaha

What works with some buyers is to just ignore their offer if its insulting. Most people who look at a property can afford it, and if they make an offer, they are already in love with it.

Sellers market, let THEM sweat about losing their dream house while all those showings are going on...for a measly few bucks in mortgage payment.

An hour and a half commute wouldn't be ideal for me. Otherwise I'd jump on this. It's amazing how far your money goes when you get away from Boston. The $300k houses I've been looking at are shacks with no yard or garage. It's discouraging. Good luck with the sale though. Some lucky SOB is gonna end up with this perfect property.

Last edited by Swizz; 03-20-16 at 08:28 PM.

High maintenance priss

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I'm at 12 days on the market, have had 7 showings, have had great feedback from buyers and agents on the build quality and cleanliness of the house/land, and so far have had 1 insultingly low offer. I showed motivation by countering back with a sizable chunk off the price, only for them to counter back raising their last offer a couple $K. I'm motivated, but I'm not dealing with that this early.

Sooo Bump if anyone is looking
    Agreed - it's early, stick to your guns (w/in reason for now). You'll get a buyer that will truly appreciate the build quality. I wish you built the house i'm in now - it's a shit-show!

Any feedback from the other showings as to why no offer?

Quote Originally Posted by keeena View Post
    Agreed - it's early, stick to your guns (w/in reason for now). You'll get a buyer that will truly appreciate the build quality. I wish you built the house i'm in now - it's a shit-show!

Any feedback from the other showings as to why no offer?
    The feedback has been, low sqft vs the asking price vs the comps in the area. The decent comps in the area that match my sqft range have sold between 275-300k. What they don't realize/care about using comps is, all the comps are on 1-2 acre lots, mine is 13.2 acres. I have a 3 week old appraisal report on my house that supports the value and similarity to asking price

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    What works with some buyers is to just ignore their offer if its insulting. Most people who look at a property can afford it, and if they make an offer, they are already in love with it.

Sellers market, let THEM sweat about losing their dream house while all those showings are going on...for a measly few bucks in mortgage payment.
    I would have ignored it, but the agents said I should respond. It did have some unusual contingencies, close in less than 30 days and waiver of home inspection.

I do feel they will be back, but who knows.

Yamaha

Lifer

Waived home inspection? That seems odd for a buyer to do. Nice to bypass some stress. But then I don't imagine you have much to worry about on such a new, well maintained home.

I'm dreading the whole process.

Waived home inspection and 30 days closing pretty much indicate he doesn't need a mortgage...in other words, cash sale. And plenty of buyers know just as much or more than any home inspector, anyway (like most tradesmen, for example)

All that said, those things WOULD be worth a fair amount to me, as the seller. Home inspections: pay hundreds for some OCD DB to fill out a form document that can cause a months long pissing match about trivial bs that happens to every house. Not always, admittedly. They have their place, with shady sellers or naive buyers. That doesn't seem like the parties involved here, though.

I'd waive five grand for those two items. Probably come out ahead in saved interest with the quick closing (especially if an inspection tanks a sale), and no bs repairs to pay for.

Last edited by Imbeek; 03-21-16 at 05:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast