Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - $1,900

SOLD: 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - $1,900

SOLD

Hi folks. Selling my mountain bike. Only selling because I bought a 2018 version of it. NESR Price is $1,900 for a member here with posting history. 100% firm on price and posting history requirements.
    I have ~size 10 shoes, pedals, and ride tools/spares I can work in for a good deal.

Here is my quote from the craigslist ad. Its all true.

2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - bicycles - by owner - bike sale

For sale is 2016 Specialized Stumpjump FSR Carbon Comp 650, size medium.

The bike is in excellent shape. I'm a road and CX racer, so this bike only saw minimal use in the fall/spring for fun. A couple nicks here and there but nothing traumatic has ever happened to this bike.

I love this bike, it is a perfect do everything New England bike. Absolutely crushes single track, but probably not the best XC racer. You could get away with taking this to Highland, but I've never had it on anything more intense than Kitchel at Kingdom Trails. The only reason I am getting rid of it is because I bought an identical 2018 version.

The color is a very deep, dark blue. Its a pretty rare color, doubt you will see another one like it.

It has the very cool Specialized SWAT system, so the frame itself stores tools and a spare tube. No seat bag necessary which helps with the looks. Bike also comes with a dropper post, its a game changer if you've never used one.

I set it up as a 1x drivetrain. As a bit of background, the bike comes from Specialized with a 2x drivetrain. I replaced that with a SRAM x1 crankset. Only months later I swapped that crankset out for a Quarq power meter. This bike won't come with the Quarq, but it will come with the SRAM x1 crankset with almost no miles on it. I will also provide the stock crank, shifter, and derailleur with the purchase of this bike.

Tires are Schwalbe Hans Dampf set up tubeless. The grip is almost too much...when this thing is riding good, the rear pushes before the front even budges.

The bike will come with a brand new set of Specialized Handlebars and Stem. When I bought this bike I swapped them out and have since transferred them to my new bike. I put the brand new parts from the new bike onto this bike I am selling.

In terms of maintenance...its very up to date. I just replaced the one shifter cable and serviced the hydraulic brakes. Disc pads were changed last season.

2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - alt=,900-image1-4-jpg
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - alt=,900-image2-4-jpg
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - alt=,900-image3-2-jpg
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - alt=,900-image4-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 03-12-18 at 08:58 AM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Re: 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 650B - Medium - $1,900

You're useless to me Jay.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    You're useless to me Jay.
    Shrink. SHRINK!

FYI, I'm 5'8" which is the sweet spot for a medium framed bike. I'd say this is the right size bike for 5'6-5'10 with normal proportions. At 6' you're pushing it, but may be worth giving it a whirl as I think the 650B on a medium frame is the best feeling geometry out there. Large or XL in a 29er would be pretty comparable but then the weight of the bike starts creeping up.

At Duncan Size (6'2") this bike will be uncomfortably small. However, it will provide comic relief to observers in a "Monkey fucking a football" sort of way.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 02-20-18 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    At Duncan Size (6'2") this bike will be uncomfortably small. However, it will provide comic relief to observers in a "Monkey fucking a football" sort of way.
    I've definitely spent more on a joke. Remember my DRZ?

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I've definitely spent more on a joke. Remember my DRZ?
    Aw, bringing back some good memories. That was still fun though and definitely bumped up my appreciation for the DRZ. I haven't ridden a dirt bike or those trails in so long.