Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP

2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP

For sale is this 2016 Trek Slash 7 size medium (18.5")with a custom parts kit, in very good condition. For a reference on size, I am 5'9" tall with a 32" pant inseam and this bike fits me absolutely perfectly. I purchased this bike new in September 2015, and have owned it since. The bike is in very good condition with one minor blemish on the NDS seat stay, one on the Rockshox Reverb post (cosmetic only and does not leak), and one mark on the DS chain stay which happened before I installed a chain stay protector. The bike is covered in 3M Scotchguard frame protectant film to keep the frame looking brand new. I've always taken very good care of this bike. It has never been beaten on or abused, and it has always been well maintained.

This bike started life off as a Slash 7, and I decided to build it up with some higher quality parts (listed below). The frame, swingarm, crank, and front fork have approximately 35-40 hours on them. The rear shock, drivetrain, wheels, tires, bars, and stem have about 10-15 hours maximum on them.

The bike will be packaged by a professional bicycle mechanic, and shipped via. FedEx ground with insurance through BikeFlights shipping service. If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Drivetrain

Shimano XT M8000 11-speed shifter
    Shimano XT M8000 11-speed rear derailleur
    Shimano XT M8000 11-46t rear cassette
    Shimano XT M8000 11-speed chain
    Raceface 34T Narrow Wide chainring
    Raceface RIDE crank 175mm
    MRP sxg chain guide/bash guard

Suspension

Rockshox Pike RC 160mm
    MRP Ramp Control cartridge for Pike
    Rockshox Monarch Plus Debonair R (upgraded from Monarch Debonair)

Wheels and Tires

Spank Spike Race 28 Enduro 27.5" wheels and hubs (anodized blue)
    Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.30" (set up tubeless)

Brakes

Shimano SAINT M820 brakeset front and rear
    Shimano SM-RT86 IceTech 203mm front rotor
    Shimano SM-RT86 IceTech 180mm rear rotor

Cockpit/Seatpost and Saddle

Easton Haven riser bar, 35mm clamp
    Easton Haven 50mm length, 35mm clamp
    Rockshox Reverb seatpost, 150mm internally routed
    SDG BelAir 2.0, titanium rails

Price is $2350

Pictures:

2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1284-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1298-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1287-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1288-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1289-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1290-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1291-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1292-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1293-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1294-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1295-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1296-jpg
    2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP-img_1297-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP

SOLD!

Re: 2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP

Nice. How did you like those saints? I'm thinking about swapping guides for Zee's.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimedog View Post
    Nice. How did you like those saints? I'm thinking about swapping guides for Zee's.
    Skip right over the Zee and just plunk down the extra dough for Saint. They are godly.

I think all my mtbs have slx brakes. My last squish had the cheaper shimano hydros.
    The beauty in all of their brake systems is: they just work.
    They feel good, they're easy to live with, and the squeeze rotors.
    Done.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by LXnastynotch93 View Post
    Skip right over the Zee and just plunk down the extra dough for Saint. They are godly.
    I'm pretty sure the only difference is tool-making reach adjustment, free stroke, screw in brake pad pin, and minor weight difference. Well, bling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I think all my mtbs have slx brakes. My last squish had the cheaper shimano hydros.
    Done.
    I'm about to pick up a warranty guide lever and rebuild the other. Gonna clean and lube the calipers too. Hoping to go back to old reliable except with more pistons, I had great luck with XT and SLX previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Done.
    Shimano brakes are the AK-47 of the MTB brake world. They're just reliable and good (and I love Servo Wave). Plus they use mineral oil instead of DOT4.

The only thing SRAM has on Shimano is their bleed procedure. It's much less messy and much quicker.

I'm pretty sure the only difference is tool-making reach adjustment, free stroke, screw in brake pad pin, and minor weight difference. Well, bling too.
    The extra money is worth it for the gold extended banjo bolt crimps. I'm not being sarcastic either. The gold is 2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRPpercent worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by LXnastynotch93 View Post
    Shimano brakes are the AK-47 of the MTB brake world. They're just reliable and good (and I love Servo Wave). Plus they use mineral oil instead of DOT4.

The only thing SRAM has on Shimano is their bleed procedure. It's much less messy and much quicker.

The extra money is worth it for the gold extended banjo bolt crimps. I'm not being sarcastic either. The gold is 2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRPpercent worth it.
    It's crazy how much better the sram bleed kits are. I do appreciate the moto-style reservoir/nipple but if you've used a shimano syringe it's a joke.

I definitely haven't contemplated getting a saint brake line kit. Nope, that would be silly.

It's crazy how much better the sram bleed kits are. I do appreciate the moto-style reservoir/nipple but if you've used a shimano syringe it's a joke.

I definitely haven't contemplated getting a saint brake line kit. Nope, that would be silly.
    Shimano bleed kits have been the start of many a long strand of curse words and fetching of paper towels to clean the BP sized oil spill on my work shop floor.

Actually the Zee brakes with a Saint brake line would be pretty legit. As long as there's gold somewhere because that's what make a good brake set 2016 Trek Slash Size Medium 18.5" custom build - XT M8000 - SAINT - Spank - MRP