Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2022 BMW 1600GT $23,000 OBO

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yellow light, green light, heart stands still...

Lifer

Re: 2022 BMW 1600GT $23,000 OBO

I like this

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I've been cross shopping these with the Goldwing as a potential next bike. Care to share you experience?... although it looks like you were only able to squeeze in one short ride on it

Fuck me, that's hot!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I've been cross shopping these with the Goldwing as a potential next bike. Care to share you experience?... although it looks like you were only able to squeeze in one short ride on it
    Foot / leg positioning is quite different. I've ridden both and prefer the BMW for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I've been cross shopping these with the Goldwing as a potential next bike. Care to share you experience?...
    As a former owner of a 2018 DCT Goldwing and a 2015 BMW K1600GTL. The K is a sportbike hiding inside of that big bike. It out handles and out accelerates a GW by a ton. The passenger carrying duties of a GW DCT is tough to match when you are looking for pure comfort to the rear passenger. No helmet bumps and easy reverse and forward using that creeper feature of the GW DCT. The apple car play on the GW is a great feature. I find the BMW to be a big winner of the GW for anyone without a passenger. It flat out rips and holds its line in a corner like a FJR or something in that sport tour group. Passing a left lane hog on the BMW was just as easy as passing a car at 30mph. It RIPS past even at 80mph like nothing. The GW feels out of breath at higher speeds. Also the GW exhaust drones at 75mph and would echo in my Shoei NeotecII helmet. So F'ng annoying. I finally said good bye to it and got an 2022 BMW RT. Sort of wished the K1600 came with adaptive cruise. The RT has it and I love love love using it. Same with both my cars. So once you start using it you wish all your vehicles had it. That said the K1600 is a better bike than the RT with handling. It stays on line and holds a turn better than the RT or GW. The RT and GW front ends both lack feel. The RT is now my passenger carrying bike. I won't take it out to ride with buddies that are doing a sporting pace. I just don't like that front end lack of feel nor its constant need to be held down in a turn. New Michelin Road 6 on it helped a bit but not enough.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day