Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras

my 95 zx6r with tons of extras updated $1300

BIKE IS UNDER DEPOSIT

It kills me to do this but I have finally come to terms with the fact that I need to sell my 95 ZX6r. It has been a great bike for me and even when it was acting weird before I got it sorted it was always a strong, reliable bike. It is currently completely registerable, and never seen a track day. I had plans to turn it into a track bike, but life, time, and money have taken priority at the moment.

It has a full muzzy stainless exhaust, dynojet jet kit, vance and hines powerpac ignition module( these things are rarer than unicorn poo), fox twin clicker in the rear which was literally brand new in box when I put it on about 5k ago if that, 09 zx6r radial master cylinder, galfer stainless steel braided front lines, and an r6 throttle tube and housing with a 98 zx6r starter button plugged into the harness to make it look stock . It has a yuasa sealed battery that is about 2yrs old. It has Dunlop q2s on it still with tons of tread on them, clutch was replaced about 10k ago along with steels, pads are ebc hh with plenty of life left.

I also have a bunch of extras not on the bike. Full set of track plastics for the bike. These were in literally brand new condition until I dropped a few on my way into the storage unit D:<, so they have some light scratches otherwise minty, and already painted lime green, I also have the dzus quick fasteners for them. I have a set of nrc case savers with gaskets. I have the rear galfer steel line that I decided not to put on so it is still new in box never installed.

As I said this bike has been great to me. It currently has around 38k miles on it but you would never know it. These bikes were built like brick s#!+ houses, I have heard of people getting 90k out of them. The engine pulls as strong as the day I got it, tranny still shifts smoother than my 09, zero issues with the power train or suspension. I have done oil and filter changes with rotella conventional, the tranny seemed to like it better than with the synth go figure, every 3k miles no excuses. There were some years where I changed oil 3 times in a season. One issue I do have on it is when I put the new lines on I had issues getting a good bleed on it so the lever feels like poo. I got sick of messing with it and was going to take it to the shop down the street, but then I got my 09. I went to check on it in my storage unit the other day and found a little drop of brake fluid on the top bleeder screw on the master so I believe its got an air leak, as I completely rebuilt the front calipers as well as the master when I changed everything over... right berfore I bought my 09 and stored this one . Honestly it should be easy to fix but I couldn't be bothered to dick with it any more. Other than that, and needing a carb clean and sync, it has been sitting for almost a year at this point. It is ready to run, street or track. There is some scrapes on the left side from going down in some sand when I first got it but absolutely no cracks or real damage to the fairins or frame, just scuffing mostly to the decals. I will try to get some pics up soon.

I was going to list it on craigs list for 1900 or best offer, but I would much rather see it go to a nice home with one of you guys on here. It would make an excellent track day toy. Nesr price is 1300, cash only.

If you are interested or have questions just let me know.
    Thanks for looking.

David.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DaveZX6r; 07-09-15 at 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff
    "You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Originally Posted by JalopySiR
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This time I was laughing at you. Sorry.

Re: Selling my 95 zx6r to a good home

Can I get pictures of the track bodywork and cases?? Thanks!

Last edited by Baggey22; 08-24-13 at 07:11 PM.
    2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by Baggey22 View Post
    Can I get pictures of the track bodywork and cases?? Thanks!
    Cases are brand new uninstalled you can look them up online lol. . I will try to get pictures of the bodywork and covers, and bike for that matter, asap. I'll try to get them tomorrow.

Last edited by DaveZX6r; 08-24-13 at 07:31 PM.
    "You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Mint bike. Should be a perfect addition to someone's stable.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I never liked that bike...

- - - Updated - - -

I loved it..!

Re: my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras

Here are some pictures of the covers. And here is an old picture from when I was serviceing the forks. It shows basically the worst of the scrapes. Anything else on the bike is just normal wear and tear for its age. I will grab some pictures of the track body work and more pictures of the bike tomorrow after work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-covers-1-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-covers-2-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-467108_3782911609686_1183841166_3683147_308359219_o-jpg  

Last edited by DaveZX6r; 08-25-13 at 03:27 PM.

Guys I'm sorry I haven't gotten pictures yet. Had some pretty heavy shit happen this weekend. I'll grab pictures on the way home tonight.

Edit # Or maybe tomorrow... after I make enough room on my damn SD card. FML.

Last edited by DaveZX6r; 08-29-13 at 08:51 PM.

Ok I got a bunch of pictures of the bike. Also I was wrong. Mileage is 38k not 45.

The race plastics are pristine. They are just covered in dust lol. There are a couple of close ups of the weave. Honestly I have seen some pretty crappy fiberglass plastics, these things are not. They are very high quality. Light weight, but also very strong and rigid, not flimsy at all. I don't think this company is still around otherwise I would be shouting there praises to the moon. There are light scratches/scuffs on the nose and one of the side fairings from where I dropped them, but they aren't deep at all. The scratches don't even go thru the base coat. I didn't bother taking a picture of the left side as it looks pretty much just like the right just with a couple of scuffs that are seen in the earlier picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_164553-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_164434-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_164731-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_164749-jpg  

my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_164643-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_165203-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_165215-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_165226-jpg  

my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_165141-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_165034-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_165013-jpg   my 95 zx6r to a good home with tons of extras-img_20130830_164611-jpg  

I forgot I also have an ohlins damper from a zx10 that needs a rebuild but otherwise is in good shape. I was going to fab up mounts for it, but never got that far.

Last edited by DaveZX6r; 08-30-13 at 07:50 PM.

Price for the track bodywork? Also engine covers?
    thanks!

Honestly I'd rather sell it all together. But if nobody bites I may consider it.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

only just noticed that the belly pan isnt one solid catch pan style piece. unfortunately it wont pass LRRS tech like that but perfect for trackday bodywork

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Meh, if you loud on types can make a cake pan pass tech I'm sure you can figure out something.

Nice street/track bike right there! Glws bud.

Thanks greg. I just want it to get some love. Its a great bike. Just deserves more love than I can give it.

Last edited by DaveZX6r; 09-01-13 at 02:36 PM.

Anyone?

Monday bump.

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    only just noticed that the belly pan isnt one solid catch pan style piece. unfortunately it wont pass LRRS tech like that but perfect for trackday bodywork
    buy some fiberglass sheet and fill it in yourself

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZX6r View Post
    I had plans to turn it into a track bike, but life, time, and money have taken priority at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    Perfect cause thats what Dave wanted to do with it.
    How many years have you been riding and seeing his bike and just now noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    buy some fiberglass sheet and fill it in yourself
    Yeah do that.

He's not buying it anyways. Hes just in here to bless us with his presence. And yeah not a difficultthing to fix at all.

Bueller bueller

I'm still interested in the track stuff.........just sayin

You should just buy the whole thing from me and part out what you don't want for spares

if someone is interested in taking the bike not including track body work and covers for 1300 I will hit you up for the rest.

I can offer you 1200 hugs but no reach a rounds!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast