Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Checking interest on a saddle

Checking interest on a saddle

For a horse, not a motorcycle.

My girlfriend has an english saddle. I have no idea what brand but I do know it's leather, and its supposed to be from a good maker. She bought it for eventing, i believe it is a dressage saddle. It doesn't fit her horses back right. I believe he's cobb sized, but I know next to nothing about horses. I don't think it fit his shoulders right or something but she's been trying to sell it for a while. I know that it does have some water spots and the old barn that she used to use, one of the owners cats put some minor scratches in it.

Just checking to see if anyone might be interested. I know she was asking $300-$400 range but I'm not positive. I can try to get pics and more info if there is anyone on here that does ride english and does eventing/dressage. She might also be willing to trade towards some other horse gear too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Littering and........

Re: Checking interest on a saddle

Craigslist, dude.

I know. I think she tried a horse only Craigslist thing. How've you been btw?

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Good luck. The saddle market is bad right now, Annalisa has been trying to sell 2 of hers for over a year with no luck, even with both priced below half of their original value.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

That's kinda what I figured too. It's damaged cosmetically but still a good saddle. She priced it well at a local 4h swap meet thing and it still didn't go.

Can you guys email me the sizes of the saddles you have for sale. I'll need to know the width, seat size and flap length, and also mark down whether it's it's English or Western, and the type of riding it's designed for (there is a difference between a dressage saddle and an eventing saddle). If you have pictures, that's even better. Also let me know where the saddles reside so I can figure out how much of a trip I may have to make to see them (or trailer the horses down to see how they fit). I live near Peterborough, NH (halfway between Keene and Nashua).

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    Good luck. The saddle market is bad right now, Annalisa has been trying to sell 2 of hers for over a year with no luck, even with both priced below half of their original value.
    Shit, because Kayla has one thats been sitting in my living room for the last year.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guru_lou View Post
    Can you guys email me the sizes of the saddles you have for sale. I'll need to know the width, seat size and flap length, and also mark down whether it's it's English or Western, and the type of riding it's designed for (there is a difference between a dressage saddle and an eventing saddle). If you have pictures, that's even better. Also let me know where the saddles reside so I can figure out how much of a trip I may have to make to see them (or trailer the horses down to see how they fit). I live near Peterborough, NH (halfway between Keene and Nashua).
    Email sent.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

e-mail sent.