Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

98 Grand Cherokee

98 Grand Cherokee

FEELER

All right, heres the story. (Short version)

Bought it in 2003 as i was getting into senior year of HS. In 2006, my father owned a repair shop at the time, so i decided to put the lift kit in it. Since it had 159k mi by then, i decided to do the head gasket (which just had started getting moist around the block) and while i was at it i decided to rebuild the whole head. 4.0L

In 2009 i decided to do the whole body of the Jeep, used to be silver. Painted it all and used top of the line clear coating (if i decided to go off roading much) also added the leather seats, replaced the sun roof and painted most of the body before putting it back together with POR15

The odometer currently reads 203k mi. Most of the Jeep does not have that.

However, something happened lately and i need to decide what to do.

The good:
    Shell full synthetic always used since i bought it
    Transmission fluid was changed every 15k mi since the purchased
    Transmission cooler
    T/C was rebuild at 144k mi
    Axels came out of limited edition 5.9 Grand cherokee. 3.73 gears with limited slip rear (Dana 44 and 30)
    Lift kit is Skyjacker 3" with 2" spacer rear and 1.5" front
    Doug Thorley Tri-Y header
    Side exhaust
    Intake was matched to the intake ports of the head when rebuilt
    Driveshaft shorten 1" to fit the new axel
    Moog rear U-joint which is mismatched, since the one that fits the axel is different than the driveshaft size
    Throttle body Spacer
    HID 6000k
    Tires are 33x12.5x15 (purchased a year ago)
    Wheels are 15x10 American Racing AR23 i believe
    RockFord Fosgate system
    Quick Disconnect front sway bar links
    Adjustable front and rear track bars

The bad:
    Front bumper needed to be replaced after original paint job and person who did, didnt know how to prep and didnt use the same quality as i originally had used.
    Fog lights are broken (covers broken)
    A couple of other minor things, which ill gladly tell you all if someone is really interested in it. however the main reason why I'm writing this thread is a recent noise i started hearing on the back and found out today what was happening.

Around the bracket that hold the rear upper control arm to the body of the jeep has rooted to the body. It can be welded, however i dont want to mess with it (see picture). Ive owned for almost 12 years now and have a lot of memories with.

I have pictures of everything that has been done to the truck. Problem will be finding them all. I'll post them as i find them.

I dont even know what to ask for it, why I'm making this thread a FEELER. I can part it out and get more, but would like to just sell the whole truck.

Any questions please dont hesitate. Jeep is drivable (drove it today).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg  

98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MaRce1o; 01-06-15 at 05:37 PM.

CCS #31

Re: 98 Grand Cherokee

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg  

98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg  

98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg   98 Grand Cherokee-image-jpg  

CCS #31

Re: 98 Grand Cherokee

Bump

CCS #31