Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

'98 Yamaha Banshee

Re: '98 Yamaha Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    It's absolutely reasonable to compare a 1000cc anything to a 350cc anything. Fair and balanced.

I apologize for not phrasing my sentences in such a specific way as to clearly state that by comparison of similar drivetrains, power output and weight ratio the Banshee is still relevant
    F16 totally has the banshee beat dude. Duh

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    It's absolutely reasonable to compare a 1000cc anything to a 350cc anything. Fair and balanced.

I apologize for not phrasing my sentences in such a specific way as to clearly state that by comparison of similar drivetrains, power output and weight ratio the Banshee is still relevant
    lol, good point, but heres a banshee vs a honda 450

Same as people drool over a crf500, but any 4 stroke 450 will dominate it

old school tech

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sorry to spam the thread but going to anyway here is the '87 Quadsport 230, he put the ad back up on CL so you can see pics. price is negotiable and as mentioned comes with another spare parts bike. this is a good riding buddy of mine and neighbor, he's a freak about maintenance, Sideshow here knows him as well.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/snw...441211075.html

Thanks, sent to my friend who grew up with a quadsport 230

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Thanks, sent to my friend who grew up with a quadsport 230
    awesome, thanks, i'll let him know ... if your friend would like pics of the spare parts bike, which i think is pretty complete, i can send them your way. or he can request through CL. he's not a computer/forum guy but should respond to email/text quickly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

sorry to spam the thread but going to anyway here is the '87 Quadsport 230, he put the ad back up on CL so you can see pics. price is negotiable and as mentioned comes with another spare parts bike. this is a good riding buddy of mine and neighbor, he's a freak about maintenance, Sideshow here knows him as well.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/snw...441211075.html

I can say with the upmost confidence that thing's been treated well and not abused if that frame hasn't ever been replaced. They had a knack for that. I personally went through THREE of those due to frame issues. Fool me twice? Yeah, they got me. I loved those things. First one wasn't noticed until after I sold it. Second one was under warranty, but I traded it in rather than deal with a frame swap. After the third time, I was sold on a Quad Racer.

...so yeah, I'd say that thing hasn't been beat on.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I can say with the upmost confidence that thing's been treated well and not abused if that frame hasn't ever been replaced. They had a knack for that. I personally went through THREE of those due to frame issues. Fool me twice? Yeah, they got me. I loved those things. First one wasn't noticed until after I sold it. Second one was under warranty, but I traded it in rather than deal with a frame swap. After the third time, I was sold on a Quad Racer.

...so yeah, I'd say that thing hasn't been beat on.
    appreciate that input ... i wish he'd let me borrow it to rip donuts in the snow !!!! nope

Beta 200RR

I was looking at those 230s when I was 13, didn't have any money, and was trying to convince my parents to buy me one. Those and Honda 250x. In the old printed want-ad!
    That thing is minty!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Lifer

appreciate that input ... i wish he'd let me borrow it to rip donuts in the snow !!!! nope
    I used to do snow donuts on a Honda 300ex, such a fun thing to do.

Your park avenue leads to..

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I used to do snow donuts on a Honda 300ex, such a fun thing to do.
    I still do on my Raptor 700. That is, if I can get it from my boy's grip. He thinks my shit is now his - wheelers, sleds, etc. Once the ice tires go on though, forgetaboutit!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

To further muddy this thread, does anyone know of a really good Banshee mechanic? I have an rd350 motor in a box and im not finding the time to get it back together and tuned. I need someone who can inspect and rebuild the whole thing then bench test and tune, ideally on a stand since the bike is still in pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    To further muddy this thread, does anyone know of a really good Banshee mechanic? I have an rd350 motor in a box and im not finding the time to get it back together and tuned. I need someone who can inspect and rebuild the whole thing then bench test and tune, ideally on a stand since the bike is still in pieces too.
    RD or RZ ? If it an RZ ,I would be interested in buying it. I want to build an RZ track bike and donors are getting sparse

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I was looking at those 230s when I was 13, didn't have any money, and was trying to convince my parents to buy me one. Those and Honda 250x. In the old printed want-ad!
    That thing is minty!
    i was on two wheels by around 8 but before that was a complete ATC ADDICTION literally would drool over the thought of owning a 250R but ended up getting an FL250 Odyssey.

on the old printed want/sale ads ... anyone from CT area remember the Bargain News? ... oh, shit, it still exists! so much dreaming flipping through that paper as a kid.

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by itsasickness View Post
    RD or RZ ? If it an RZ ,I would be interested in buying it. I want to build an RZ track bike and donors are getting sparse
    Its an RD.

i was on two wheels by around 8 but before that was a complete ATC ADDICTION literally would drool over the thought of owning a 250R but ended up getting an FL250 Odyssey.

on the old printed want/sale ads ... anyone from CT area remember the Bargain News? ... oh, shit, it still exists! so much dreaming flipping through that paper as a kid.
    Only sleds as a kid for me. They bought atvs when i went to college?

First bike (93 900rr) after college

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Only sleds as a kid for me. They bought atvs when i went to college?

First bike (93 900rr) after college
    What color scheme 900rr?

Your park avenue leads to..

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    What color scheme 900rr?
    Polished frame. Crashed, so repainted plastics in dodge viper red, tinted windscreen, no stickers. Fucking GORGEOUS bike. Long story.

Yep, I would look forward to spending $1.25 every other week on the black and white yankee swapper magazine.. the day I saw my first Banshee on that rag.. lol

Just picked this beast until for a song, loving the red

'98 Yamaha Banshee-958afdd1-3107-4033-b452-82865b3ea7b4

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Is that in your.... Kitchen?!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Is that in your.... Kitchen?!
    Was in the dining room.

'98 Yamaha Banshee-6955e6c4-2db5-4459-9df9-3589e9c59648

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by R7; 02-08-22 at 08:12 AM.
    Yamaha

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Think I still have a huge assortment of carb jets for the Banshee in the shed, minus the set that was in it when I sold it. Anyone need em?

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Yep, I would look forward to spending $1.25 every other week on the black and white yankee swapper magazine.. the day I saw my first Banshee on that rag.. lol

Just picked this beast until for a song, loving the red

'98 Yamaha Banshee-958afdd1-3107-4033-b452-82865b3ea7b4
    'a song' ?? 1K ?? damn that's sweet !

yeah, Bargain News was awesome to flip through while working at the gas station making $0/hr ... outside of bikes, almost bought a mid '70s Subaru 4x4 Wagon but ended up continuing my (lowrider) VW addiction with a '73 Beetle. bought it in Bridgeport CT from a sketchy shop, didn't notice the destroyed-and-booger-welded-together front beam until it was home in the daylight.

Beta 200RR

'a song' ?? 1K ?? damn that's sweet !,

yeah, Bargain News was awesome to flip through while working at the gas station making $0/hr ... outside of bikes, almost bought a mid '70s Subaru 4x4 Wagon but ended up continuing my (lowrider) VW addiction with a '73 Beetle. bought it in Bridgeport CT from a sketchy shop, didn't notice the destroyed-and-booger-welded-together front beam until it was home in the daylight.
    Maybe I’m not up on the current terms of a song, it’s just an old school expression for getting a good deal.. lol
    I traded my YZ 250X for. I paid $7,200 for the 250x new in 2018, the 450R Special edition was $9k new in 2019, and the guy put $1500 in accessories on it, then rode it twice before getting hurt on it, then it sat in his garage for 2 years.. lol Loved my 250X, but my back said no every time I got on it this past year.

Been there with the bargain news deals, my first ride was a 1972 Chevy c10 shortbed I bought for $300 on the bargain news magazine. Tried to get it inspected a week later and the shop failed it for rotted floors. I pulled the carpet up the patch the floors and there was a Stop sign riveted to the drivers side floor, and a speed limit 25 sign riveted to the passengers side.. lol

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Maybe I’m not up on the current terms of a song, it’s just an old school expression for getting a good deal.. lol

Been there with the bargain news deals, my first ride was a 1972 Chevy c10 shortbed I bought for $300 on the bargain news magazine. Tried to get it inspected a week later and the shop failed it for rotted floors. I pulled the carpet up the patch the floors and there was a Stop sign riveted to the drivers side floor, and a speed limit 25 sign riveted to the passengers side.. lol
    got it, was like holy shit someone needed some quick meth monies if you got it for 1K. hahaa.

ah, man, the good old days... used to ride to highschool in a buddies '66 Mustang that had dump truck mud flaps as a floor in the footwells.

Beta 200RR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12