Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aprilia SXV 550

rides bikes

Aprilia SXV 550 - Sold

Sold.

Absolutely amazing bike that has been nothing short of reliable for me, it's just not meeting my current needs of crushing tons of two-up miles while hauling gear. It's got a little over 3000 miles on it right now. Get at me if you want more info. The magic number is 6200 $5900 with a little wiggle room.

Link - > Aprilia SXV550 Supermoto

Attachment 42983Attachment 42982

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by nick5446; 10-26-15 at 07:56 AM.

Re: Aprilia SXV 550

Sweet bike GLWS.
    Kills me these guys need permission from their Wives to buy a Toy.
    She's not your mother for gods sake.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco61 View Post
    Sweet bike GLWS.
    Kills me these guys need permission from their Wives to buy a Toy.
    She's not your mother for gods sake.
    I think the question is more, why would you marry a woman who would crush your soul like that? LOL

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

rides bikes

Serious pain in the ass. Dude came by and gave me $100 to hold it. Came by a few days later and gave me another $6500 and we signed the title over. Came back the next day with the wife/gf to get it and she had a meltdown. He spent a few days trying to change her mind about a motorcycle and I eventually gave him his money back. Took 10 weeks to get a replacement title so now the prime selling season is over.

You did the right thing. Sucks about the title, but the good karma will come back around.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Serious pain in the ass. Dude came by and gave me $100 to hold it. Came by a few days later and gave me another $6500 and we signed the title over. Came back the next day with the wife/gf to get it and she had a meltdown. He spent a few days trying to change her mind about a motorcycle and I eventually gave him his money back. Took 10 weeks to get a replacement title so now the prime selling season is over.
    Wow you're a good guy. Once he signed the title I would've said "Hey, enjoy the bike." Seriously though tell him to GTFO of that relationship. If I want something and I can afford it then I'm buying it.

Anyway good luck on selling that beautiful beauty again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wow.... you signed the title over and took the cash... but he left the bike at your place? If I've given someone money and they've given me a title... I now OWN that item and am taking it home with me... Seems like a lot of good will and trust went back and forth in both directions, which is nice to hear, but in the end, you got left holding the bag.

I hope you at least kept his deposit and made him pay for the replacement title?

It sounds like you were nice to him, and that's cool, but you can't overlook the large inconvenience and possible lost sales that he cost you...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

rides bikes

Yeah I kept $100 for a new title thinking it would take a few weeks at most.

He only left it here because he had to work out the ride/getting it home. He had the keys and title, bike was just sitting in my garage.

Oh well, who wants an Italian sex machine?? Got a Tiger to trade? Even better!

Probably couldn't take it home (even if he could rent or borrow a trailer or truck) because he suspected the spousal meltdown would occur as soon as she saw it...

What a rookie that buyer is. The easy solution is owning so many bikes (or guitars, or guns) that the wife or gf can't keep track of all of them to even know when there is a new one.

Last edited by Imbeek; 08-12-15 at 06:28 AM.

rides bikes

Weekend bump!

rides bikes

Does $5900 sound any better?

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

so he bought it without telling her then she freaked out and you got fucked over? Sorry you are a nicer guy than I. As soon as he signed the title and I had his money, he owns the bike.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSVkid View Post
    so he bought it without telling her then she freaked out and you got fucked over? Sorry you are a nicer guy than I. As soon as he signed the title and I had his money, he owns the bike.
    Hah...basically. I felt bad for him while his chick was screaming at him in my driveway and my wife was laughing at him out the 2nd story window. I had had a ton of interest in the bike at $6800 and figured I could get a new title in 3 weeks and sell it to the next guy in line. No worries...I haven't been complaining about riding it every day, and in all this time I haven't seen a Tiger I really like.

Similar thing happened to me when I was like 20 and sold a lifted CJ5 on 35's to a 16-17 year old. He got it home and his mom sent it back.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Similar thing happened to me when I was like 20 and sold a lifted CJ5 on 35's to a 16-17 year old. He got it home and his mom sent it back.
    seriously? I don't think its the least bit unreasonable to call a deal a deal, once one is actually complete. In other words, if he changes his mind 2 seconds after buying it, fine...but by that time its HIS problem to sell it to someone else, not yours. Its no different than welching on a bet, in my mind...a man's word is binding, and if he hands over the cash and shakes your hand and says thank you, its his problem if wifey or mommy isn't happy about it later. You are way too nice, man, to the point that people are taking advantage of you...there are no "take overs" to be expected in business

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    seriously? I don't think its the least bit unreasonable to call a deal a deal, once one is actually complete. In other words, if he changes his mind 2 seconds after buying it, fine...but by that time its HIS problem to sell it to someone else, not yours. Its no different than welching on a bet, in my mind...a man's word is binding, and if he hands over the cash and shakes your hand and says thank you, its his problem if wifey or mommy isn't happy about it later. You are way too nice, man, to the point that people are taking advantage of you...there are no "take overs" to be expected in business
    Don't worry about it man. If you really want to make it right you can buy the bike.

I dealt with the opposite of this once, lady sold me her Man God's bike (unknown to me) - he found out when he got home and all of a sudden she started telling people I "stole" it. Yeah. Spouses can really suck, choose wisely.

This is a great bike to ride btw, fast as fook.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

I have no idea why nesr changed h u b b y ' s into Man God but even after editing it...won't change. lol

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

rides bikes

Haha...I came home from school once and my mom was selling a bunch of my dad's Harley parts for a fraction of what they were worth. They were in the middle of one of those several day blow-out fights. Ahhh...memories

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    I have no idea why nesr changed h u b b y ' s into Man God but even after editing it...won't change. lol
    You stumbled upon one of the NESR easter eggs. Not sure if there are more but I've come across a thread or two about Man God.

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

from the sounds of it you might make out better if you just rent this bike out, atleast then you don't have to keep signing the title over and dealing with the rmv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    You stumbled upon one of the NESR easter eggs. Not sure if there are more but I've come across a thread or two about Man God.
    Just try saying (omg the N word!!!) please.

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    Just try saying (omg the N word!!!) please.
    I feel like you're sending me right into a trap, you (omg the N word!!!).

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

rides bikes

One last bump before it likely gets traded away this week

Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God Man God

You're buying this for your husband?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast