Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

auction cars?

auction cars?

I'm looking into getting a new (used) car because I'm quite sick of mine. I would like to stick with a honda, looking at the acura tsx.

Anyone know of auctions or where to get information about repo'd cars and the like??? Thanks!

*A

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

"I'm soft" - el capiton

auction cars?

not sure about auctions, but ryan from hobbs auto might be able to do something.
    just make sure you get a new battery should you buy anything from him - right chris?

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

auction cars?

I think the thing to do is find someone with a dealer license who can go to the auctions that your average joe can't. My dad did that one time. You tell the guy what your looking for and then you pay like $100 on top of what he paid to get it and he keeps the $100.

From my experience, those government auction websites are a waste of money and time.

auction cars?

do you like the cl? im selling mine and getting a tl

if you don't like the cl then you better act quik on getting a dealer to go to the auction, cause the big acura auction is the secound week of feb

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...0-premium.html

thats mine, was looking for 5500 but we could talk about price

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

auction cars?

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    do you like the cl? im selling mine and getting a tl

if you don't like the cl then you better act quik on getting a dealer to go to the auction, cause the big acura auction is the secound week of feb

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...0-premium.html

thats mine, was looking for 5500 but we could talk about price
    thanks for the offer but I'm looking into spending a little more than that. Year around '04-'06, bright red, 4 door, manual. And thanks for the heads up on the acura auction, i'll have to find a dealer asap to go for me

"I'm soft" - el capiton

Littering and........

auction cars?

Not all of the cars at the auction are bad, but all of the bad cars are at the auction.

That said, we have a pretty good one up here in VT - Thomas Hirchak Company

auction cars?

If it's a public auction, people end up getting screwed, because as a "regular joe," most people don't know what the true value of the car is, get into a bidding war, over pay, plus whatever repairs it needs, you walk away with a car "as-is," and spent too much.

Dealer auctions(if you can get in), can be tricky. Again, you have to know what you're doing: know what you're looking at, know the values, if the car has had a lot of paint work, ect. The bidding goes very quickly, and there's ZERO warranty, once the car is won, it's yours.

All this to maybe save a couple grand. You're better off getting a car at a reputable dealer, or from a private seller, and having a pre-purchase inspection done on the car.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

auction cars?

I don't know why people don't buy more certified pre-owned vehicles. They are not that much more and usually come with a several year warrenty + you know it has been checked out and is safe.

Lifer

auction cars?

You might want to go to a used dealer that you trust and tell them what you are looking for - they can go to the auction and pick the car up for you knowing it's sold.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

auction cars?

I agree I have a dealer pass into the auction I usually go to adessa in Mass, is not worth the headaches, go to a use car dealer that your can sort of trust, and get yourself what you want, have you ever wondered why dealers bring their cars that been sitting in theit lots to sell to other dealers or potential buyers? in the end is not worth it believe me.

auction cars?

Im going saturday right after i get my vandalized car appraised to acura of avon (CT), which I have no idea where that is or how long it will take me, but I requested a quote for a car i built on acura.com and this guy emailed me and has one...woo hoo. Hopefully I can talk them down a bit, they're selling for $29,995. 6spd, navi, milano red, wheel locks, door protectors and a bunch of random crap i put on it. I wanted an 04-06 but if i cant find one with everything im looking for, i may have to throw down and get an 07. I figure if im going to get a car that im going to keep for years and years, i might as well pay for it for years and years

any opinions on the sport package they do with the front, sides, and rear body spoilers and the rear wing spoiler?? it's probably an added $2k but i want it to be hot but not "ghetto'ed out"

"I'm soft" - el capiton

auction cars?

don't buy the OEM lip kits let me know I could save you tons of $$$ on those, and they will come painted with the OEM paint, I had the OEM lip kit on my acura tl-S, your looking at half the price of the dealer will charge.

car

I just got in a TSX, one owner, auto...49K miles, mint...

2004 Acura TSX
    Price: 19500

Body style:4 door Sedan Engine:2.4 4 CYL. Transmission:Automatic Ext. Color:Red Mileage:49,484 Stock Number8346 VIN:JH4CL968X4C003853

Kevin
    kmobrien76@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalinechic View Post
    I'm looking into getting a new (used) car because I'm quite sick of mine. I would like to stick with a honda, looking at the acura tsx.

Anyone know of auctions or where to get information about repo'd cars and the like??? Thanks!

*A

Kevin
    '05 Warrior
    Quincy, MA
    AIM: BostonianR6