Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

need small bit welding done

need small bit welding done

I have a Honda Foreman that i use to plow my driveway. i have bent the mounting plate and need it reinforced. I took it off and pounded it flat last year, and that was a feat, as the mini sldge at full swing barely moved it. It basically is a flat piece of steel, that u-bolts to the frame, and has a couple of mounting points at the front for the plow itself.

like this

The plate is kinda like this, but shapped a bit different and less material in between the mounting points you can see and the bottom(front) of this.

the mounting point part of the plate are bent down facing the ground from the impact of me hitting the snow to pack the mounds.
    i think, and i am no welder, so my think and what i do need could be different, but i think i need a plate welded across at the mounting points to reinforce the metal. i will take some pics this weekend of the actual part, but what can i expect to pay for something like this? and can anyone here do this for me? btw, the the plate would need to be maybe a 1.5' long by 5-6" wide, so not much material.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: need small bit welding done

You might want to give an idea where you live. Any local welding shop should be able to help if nobody here can.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

i have a few guys at my shop that can perform that work for you , pm me if your interrested im in plaistow nh

oops, im in NH, by Milford, mis copied the second pic, will find the other one again

Pretty common problem whn moving heavy snow. Most guys I know with a plow weld a plate in between the two bars and that solves the problem.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

Call me.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

will do gmd, gonna pull the plate off this weekend, thanks