Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.

Banned

Bose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.

Bought from a member here a few months ago. Hardly used and in perfect condition. They retail at $299 and I'm looking for half that, which is what I paid. I bought these to accompany my Sony WH headphones I use for when I fly and as I use the Sony's more, I gave these to my son. He now wants a pair of Airpods so he's selling them to finance that purchase.

If you're in the market, you know that these are highly regarded and are the choice of most air travellers. Bluetooth, noise canceling etc.

They come in the protective carry case and the very specific Bose headphone wire if you need to be plugged-in.

Charges with a standard micro-USB cable.

$150 plus $10 shipped CONUS.Bose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.-img_0094-jpgBose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.-img_0096-1-jpgBose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.-img_0097-jpgBose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.-img_0098-jpg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Bose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones.

whoever buys them, dont update the firmware.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    whoever buys them, dont update the firmware.
    Why?

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Banned

It wasn't the firmware. It was white noise from a few people with broken/modified headphones causing mass hysteria. How typically audiophilic.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/6/21...ation-firmware

I didn't even know this was a thing. I keep my QC 35 IIs updated and never had a problem.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Banned

Sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    It wasn't the firmware. It was white noise from a few people with broken/modified headphones causing mass hysteria. How typically audiophilic.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/6/21...ation-firmware
    now that it's sold, i can explain.
    i personally had this experience with the noise cancellation being degraded after a firmware update. Bose replaced my headphones and instructed me not to update the firmware on mine unless i was experiencing problems and needed to update it.

if you read the forum on the Bose site in your link, you'll see that there are too many complaints about the same thing for it to not be a firmware issue. new out of the box headphones like mine lost it's noise cancellation immediately after the firmware update. they cant blame improperly wearing the headphones when i already had the same ones in the wired version.

EX 105

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    now that it's sold, i can explain.
    i personally had this experience with the noise cancellation being degraded after a firmware update. Bose replaced my headphones and instructed me not to update the firmware on mine unless i was experiencing problems and needed to update it.

if you read the forum on the Bose site in your link, you'll see that there are too many complaints about the same thing for it to not be a firmware issue. new out of the box headphones like mine lost it's noise cancellation immediately after the firmware update. they cant blame improperly wearing the headphones when i already had the same ones in the wired version.
    Ah. When I googled it, they had all kinds of technical testing data showing that they didn't have a problem with the update. They said they had some customers send in units and they couldn't find any issues (edit, except for problems with the ear foam not being clipped in properly on some and aftermarket ear pads causing degraded NC on others). Now, these were supposedly showing degraded noise cancellation after the update, not a complete loss of noise cancellation. They aren't advising not to upgrade any more, I know that. Maybe they released a new version of firmware. I would think Bose would fix that pretty quickly. I know for sure that mine worked perfectly, with better NC than my Sony's have.

Last edited by Degsy; 04-28-20 at 03:06 PM.

Banned

i bought a new QC35i and it was great. then i decided to upgrade the firmware, because the Bose App was prompting me to do so. After testing, the noise cancellation was downgraded and i was able to compare it to my wired QC25's. after reading the forums on Bose as well as several articles about it, i called Bose. They without a question sent me a new QC35ii. to avoid the firmware issue again, i paired the device and deleted the Bose app from my phone.

most of the complaints i read online were similar to mine. a downgraded noise cancellation or almost completely gone after the firmware update. the only difference was mine were new out of the box, and most others were owners of the product prior.

from what i saw online, the original firmware on the QC35i has the best noise cancellation out of the 35i, 35ii, and 700 headphones. if they do offer a downgrade, i'm contemplating doing it on my QC35ii.

EX 105

Solution: buy a set of NC-700's

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Solution: buy a set of NC-700's
    They are down to $350 now.

- - - Updated - - -

....and I'm reporting you all to the adminstapo for shitting on my for sale thread!!!

i waited till it was sold so

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105