Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bureau, grill, dvd rack, panniers, saxophone, signs, helmet

Bureau, grill, dvd rack, panniers, saxophone, signs, helmet

I think I posted a couple of these things before but I can't find the thread.

Anyways, got some stuff I don't really need. Pickup/meet in Metrowest MA area (framingham, natick, southborough, etc).

1. Bureau (baby-capable). This is old but nice quality... Bassett furniture (good brand if you know furniture). It also has the snaps for attaching a baby changing pad on top (shown in pic, one in back, one inside top drawer) but I've always just used it as a bureau. It's got some dings and scratches, but would be great if you have a kid. I've used it for probably 20 years. $50.

2. Brinkman Grill w/ cover. This was a great buy at around $200 new, has side burner, bottle opener, stainless, cover, etc. During a windstorm it got knocked over and one of the burners cracked (see pic). As far as I know you can just buy a new burner insert from home cheapot forlike 30-40bucks and install it and you'll have a new grill. I didn't clean it for the pictures clearly. $50.

3. Wooden folding DVD rack. $15.

4. Cannondale bike panniers and mountain rack and handlebar bag. I have used this set of panniers for over 2000 miles of camp-off-the-bike roadtripping and they are really nice. I don't have the clamp for the handlebar bag so you'll have to source that. Same story with the hardware for the mountain rack. I think it ended up on the bike and I sold the bike. One of the pouches on both the rear panniers zips off and has a strap so you can carry it into a store, etc. These were very pricey when I got them to go on my maine/canada/nova scotia 1,200 mile bike trip and they performed flawlessly. $60.

5. Selmer Bundy II Eb alto saxophone. I have played this in bands and jazz bands for many years now, it's a great starter horn if your kid is going to get into it and you don't want to get ripped off by one of those school rental programs. I remember posting this before and was unsure of the playability, well yesterday I put on a fresh reed and played it a bit and it works fine. It could use a good cleaning/etc but seems to be in good enough shape. I don't want a lowball on this, I think $300 is fair.

6. Beer signs... SOLD

7. Skate/blade/bike helmet. Triple 8 helmet, size L (I think? I don't see a size, it's a little snug on me so a L is about right). These are like 30-40 bucks new and I've literally worn this once. $10.

All pics attached.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CEO; 02-20-12 at 12:30 PM.
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.374 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Ill take the signs Chris.

Re: Bureau, grill, dvd rack, panniers, saxophone, signs, helmet

Alright cool, signs are spoken for. Will edit first post.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I happened to be on the phone with my dad when I saw this. While he is not in need of a sax atm (he actually has two of those same altos right now), he suggested bringing it to your local middle school. Right around now, kids are deciding if they want to continue with music programs, which makes marketing a used horn very easy, since buying their rental typically costs more.

GLWS.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    I happened to be on the phone with my dad when I saw this. While he is not in need of a sax atm (he actually has two of those same altos right now), he suggested bringing it to your local middle school. Right around now, kids are deciding if they want to continue with music programs, which makes marketing a used horn very easy, since buying their rental typically costs more.

GLWS.
    Thanks for the thought Keira.... but how would I go about doing this? Just show up at a middle school with the horn? LOL... I don't think middle schoolers carry $300 cash to school with them and I also imagine I'd get called in for pedophilia...

I could just put it on CL I guess, but I always try NESR with things first since the people are (in theory) less douchey

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    Thanks for the thought Keira.... but how would I go about doing this? Just show up at a middle school with the horn? LOL... I don't think middle schoolers carry $300 cash to school with them and I also imagine I'd get called in for pedophilia...

I could just put it on CL I guess, but I always try NESR with things first since the people are (in theory) less douchey
    Email the music teacher and set up a time before/after school for him/her to take a look at it. Ask if there are any students who might be interested in purchasing it and that you'd like it to go to someone who could use a good deal. Teachers always know a kid like that and might work out some sort of payment from them that wouldn't affect you (for example my dad bought a trumpet from a friend of mine once and then sold it to a student hard up for money for an interest-free monthly payment plan).

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Bump for other stuff.

Degs when/where do you want to get em?
    Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    Email the music teacher and set up a time before/after school for him/her to take a look at it. Ask if there are any students who might be interested in purchasing it and that you'd like it to go to someone who could use a good deal. Teachers always know a kid like that and might work out some sort of payment from them that wouldn't affect you (for example my dad bought a trumpet from a friend of mine once and then sold it to a student hard up for money for an interest-free monthly payment plan).
    Hmm... would you like to buy my saxophone for $300 and do that? LOL

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Marching band eh? Lol

I did jazz band(s)

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

bump, any interest in this stuff?

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Bump.

I don't really feel like craigslisting or ebaying this stuff, don't want the hassle... hoping someone on here could use it.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Eh?

Hmm maybe I'll give some of it to goodwill and take the tax break.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Might be interested in the Sax. Will have to check with Emma.

Ok, let me know. I'm around all weekend for the most part.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Bump.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Bump...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Alright I am going to donate all this stuff and just take the tax break, except the saxophone. Let me know if anyone wants to buy any of it soon

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Damn. Forgot all about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Damn. Forgot all about this.
    I'm still holding those for you, unless you don't want them now?

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103