Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2003 Honda VFR ABS / 95 ZX6R track bike

2003 Honda VFR ABS / 95 ZX6R track bike

I'm selling my 2003 Honda VFR/Interceptor ABS. Bike has 50,700 miles. I bought the bike in Sept 2009 with ~30K miles on the clock. I had a little 25mph lowside in April 2010 which brought all the cosmetic damage you see in the photos (this is the bike seconds after the crash: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9...2792291029.jpg ). I've put ~20K trouble free miles since then. I didn't want to waste money on plastics so I never replaced them. One of my low beam headlight bulbs went out at the beginning of this season and I never bothered replacing that either. Othen than that the bike is in perfect mechanical condition. I put ~20K miles on it in the last couple of seasons and I took it to the track once. I love this machine and I wouldn't ever sell it but I'm leaving the country this winter so she's gotta go.

Replaced brake pads @ 45K miles. Installed new sprockets and chain @ 46.5K miles. Installed brand new Michelin Pilot Road 3s @ 48,8K miles (which btw are awesome street tires). Last oil change was 1200 miles ago and I've always changed the oil every 3K miles. Bike is always garaged and the battery is always connected to a battery tender. Bike has a 2 bros exhaust that creates some sweet V4 music!

Title in hand.

All photos: http://imageshack.us/g/708/img0851r.jpg/

Asking $2400 OBO

========================================

I'm also selling my 95 ZX6 track/race-ready bike. She has seen better days but she runs good and I'd still be riding her @ Loudon if I wasn't moving. She comes with a lot of spares, rear and front stands, tire-warmers and basically all the stuff I carried with me to the track. She's got a new battery and new (Dunlop Qualifier) tires that are not even broken in yet. I'll even toss in a free car trailer if you want it )) This would be a great deal for anyone looking to get a cheap setup and get their feet wet on the track.

I'm asking $1000 OBO

I got this bike with no title from a friend (who got me into the whole LRRS thing) and that's how I'll pass it along.

I'll take some more pics of her this weekend.

===========================================

Cheers and thanks for looking!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by aLive; 11-02-11 at 05:47 PM.

Re: 2003 Honda VFR ABS / 95 ZX6R track bike

Give me details on the track race bike + trailer and spares please.
    Can get it next week if you want to work something out

Also interested in the track bike, but I'm wondering what's up with the rear brake lever......

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Give me details on the track race bike + trailer and spares please.
    Can get it next week if you want to work something out
    Tomorrow after work I'll list/take a photo of all the spares I have if that's what you have in mind by more details. As I said bike runs great, it's safety-wires and it passes tech so you can just hop on and race. The trailer is the same trailer you see in the photo. $1000 buys everything I have for the track. I'll do a more detailed list as soon as I can. As I said I wasn't planning to list the track bike for sale just yet as I haven't organized everything I have but since I listed my VFR I thought I'd just mention the ZX and see if it sparks any interest. I'll have everything listed up by Saturday @ noon for sure or tomorrow/Friday night if work is not too busy.

As for the bike itself, it's got floating brembo rotors, hindle exhaust, penske rear shock and a quick-turn throttle. That's all I can think of right now. I'll update the list as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggey22 View Post
    Also interested in the track bike, but I'm wondering what's up with the rear brake lever......
    The photo is from the beginning of this season when I had a mild lowside in T3 that busted my rear brake. This shot is actually taken at my friend's place right before we fixed her up and he cleaned the carbs for me too. I'll try to get some more recent and detailed shots either tomorrow or on Friday after work (worst case scenario Saturday morning as it gets dark pretty early now).

ya thats pretty much what i wanted to know what kind of work the bike has done to it..
    ya i think you got yourself a buyer for that.. i live in shrewsbury - worcester line so we should be good

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    ya thats pretty much what i wanted to know what kind of work the bike has done to it..
    ya i think you got yourself a buyer for that.. i live in shrewsbury - worcester line so we should be good
    Awesome. First come first served so if you like you can stop by my place on Saturday and check the stuff out in person. I'll give you more details in a PM.

saturday is tough for me due to work. unless you dont mind doing the whole thing at night.. I can even meet up tomorrow around 930pm if you want.

I'll come get that ZX today no bs. Where u located? I'm on providence RI boarder.

Quote Originally Posted by THE STUFF 187 View Post
    I'll come get that ZX today no bs. Where u located? I'm on providence RI boarder.
    im getting it saturday and the only reason for that is because he wants to get everything together and make sure he doesnt forget anything

Quote Originally Posted by THE STUFF 187 View Post
    As tsorfas said, he has committed to buy the bike. If for any reason the sale falls through I'll let you guys know but so far it looks like the track bike has found a new owner

VFR is still available.

ZX is officially sold

VFR is still for sale. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by aLive View Post

VFR is still for sale. Anyone?
    Hit me up in spring. Price is perfect but cash isnt there. Im surprised it hasnt gone yet.

Bruce
    2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary
    2003 Honda RC51

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    Hit me up in spring. Price is perfect but cash isnt there. Im surprised it hasnt gone yet.
    I'm leaving the country for good by the end of Jan. It has to go by then.

ZX will probably be up for sale again in 2012..
    the VFR is in great condition as well and aLive is an awesome person to work with!
    Amazingly polite and honest, and incredibly helpful..
    if someone likes VFRs this one is a great deal