Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

DVD-r (tv component not for a computer)

Like new (still have box and everything)phillips dvdr 3355 like new, used a few times to watch dvds, and I had burned one episode of rescue me and it worked great, but i got tivo and never use it. wors like a vcr but its dvd not crappy tape! paid 230, sell for $150 plus ship

heres some info....

Enjoy all your favorite DVD movies in flicker-free presentation and record your favorite TV programs to disc--via the built-in NTSC TV tuner--with the Philips DVDR3355/37 DVD Recorder. Philips makes it easy to create recordings and helps eliminate any confusion over disc format with dual-media support, enabling you to use DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs to record up to six hours of MPEG2 compressed video on a single-sided disc. For playback, it's compatible with VCD, SVCD, CD-R/RW, MP3-CD, and MP3-DVD disc formats and the EG2, MPEG1, Divx (3.11/4/5/6.x), and MPEG4 compression formats. It also supports simultaneous playback of JPEG pictures and MP3 music, enabling you to run a photo slideshow with music playing in the background.
    For setting up timed recordings, the DVDR3355/37 uses the VCR Plus+ system. All you need to do to program your video recorder is to enter the "Pluscode"--a single code of up to nine digits (but usually less)--that is printed next to each TV program in most TV guides. This unit also includes a Firewire port (also known as i.LINK and IEEE 1394) on the front, enabling you to easily connect your digital video camcorder and download video and audio directly to disc in their original digital quality.

Recording and disc editing features include chapter marker, insertion, divide, erase, manual chapter marking, one-touch record, and selectable index pictures. Other features include a 20-event, 1-month programmable recording, daily/weekly repeat recording, Dolby Digital encoding, and tri-lingual menu display (English, French, Spanish). It offers the following video and audio connections:

Composite AV (RCA) In: 2 (1 front)
    Composite AV (RCA) Out: 1
    S-Video In: 2 (1 front)
    S-Video Out: 1
    Component Video Out (Y PB PR): 1
    RF In: 1
    Coaxial digital audio Out: 1
    Firewire: 1
    What's in the Box
    DVD player/recorder, remote control (with batteries), AV cable, RF cable, printed operating instructions

Product Description
    Record your favorite TV programs in digital quality, play any movie format including DivX on this unique DVD Recorder.TV Recording made simple! VCR Plus+ uses a single code to program the timer. With the VCR Plus+ system, all you need to do to program your video recorder is to enter the 'Pluscode' - a single code of up to nine digits (but usually less) that is printed next to each TV program in most TV guides.VPS/PDC records the program exactly when it starts. With 'VPS' (Video Programming System) and 'PDC' (Program Delivery Control), the TV station controls the beginning and the length of the programmed recording. This means that your recording device switches itself on and off at the right time even if a TV program you have programmed begins earlier or finishes later than expected.Record from multiple sources in perfect quality. i.LINK enables perfect digital camcorder copies. Also known as IEEE 1394 and FireWire. i.LINK is the worldwide standard for connecting digital video devices, used on digital home video equipment such as DV and D8 camcorders, as well as PCs. Conveniently, it carries all audio and video signals via a single cable. With i.LINK Digital Video input you can copy your home videos in their original digital picture quality.2.0 Dolby Digital Encoding for quality audio recording. Dolby Digital is an advanced digital audio encoding technology that is used on all DVD-Video discs. Philips DVD Recorders store audio in the same format, so it is fully compatible with any DVD player. The quality surpasses that of analog video recorder.logy that is used on all DVD-Video discs. Philips DVD Recorders store audio in the same format, so it is fully compatible with any DVD player. The quality surpasses that of analog video recorder.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Mike, Danvers MA.
    '03 SV 1000

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Could I use this To record some stuff I have tivod Like make motoGP race DVD's out of the races I recorded. and clean out the DVR.

I am hurting for space

YES you can

Mike, Danvers MA.
    '03 SV 1000

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

$100.00 I will pick it up

DC