Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Feeler for damaged 00 triumph sprint st $1000

Feeler for damaged 00 triumph sprint st $1000

00 sprint st, ~59k mi $1000
    blue, saddlebags, runs a touch rough, but did that before impact anyways.

got clipped, still seems to track straight till over 80mph. rear subframe is twisted slightly, left footpegs gone, shifts fine. bodywork amazingly still fine. did not crash, got clipped and maintained upright. Title should be clear.

insurance totaled it (due to age they dont need to put it on the title, be aware of other older "clean titles"), and they are giving me a crap offer. also changing up valuation and salvage fee based on if I have them take it or not. I need about $1000 to make it worth my while to keep and sell vs them come to take it. it is still street legal (though you may need a new rear turn signal) and will ride just fine, I'll throw a peg on so its easier to ride, and you can have the busted pass peg if you want to jerry rig it back on.

this is to guage interest and if I have none by thursday evening, I will just have them come get it most likely. so if you want, or know someone who does, please speak up, but only if serious.

other sale adds on this site for this bike previous:
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...sprint-st.html
    with pictures!
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...sprint-st.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    theres just something about a blue bike

Re: Feeler for damaged 00 triumph sprint st $1000

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. What exactly happened when you got clipped? They hit the bike in the rear subframe area? Tracks straight till over 80? Does that mean it didn't over 80something or you just didn't go any faster to find out. Also is the luggage in good condition?

Last edited by GNTurbo6; 06-27-12 at 02:08 PM.
    Friends don't let friends wave to Can Ams

Super-Dooper User ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן's Avatar

I'm interested and could use a few pics, because my work blocks them. can you email me?
    hawlyns711 a.t. comcast.net

current: 06 zx6r, 03 450exc
    sold: 01 gsxr750, 01 RC51, 96 cr500, 98 superhawk, 00 sv650, 78 cb750, 98 dr350, 74 cb125

Quote Originally Posted by GNTurbo6 View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. What exactly happened when you got clips? They hit the bike in the rear subframe area? Tracks straight till over 80? Does that mean it didn't over 80something or you just didn't go any faster to find out. Also is the luggage in good condition?
    was clipped when someone was in the opposite lane headed for me, turned left onto the road to my right, misjudged and their front drivers bumper hit my left foot and raked down the back. it would not have tweaked the subframe, but I have a trunk and trunk rack, and that is VERY beefy, and caught the vehicle, shattered the trunk, and pushed the rack down a bit, and so with it the subframe. the pegs hanging out got sheared off, and the chain guard was shattered (good thing I have a spare). the impact was grazing, so I was able to maintain balance and control, and pulled off at the next driveway, only to find the other vehicle did not stop at all.

the trunk is shattered, the bottom is toast, part of it still on the road, the color matched top of the trunk is fine, and it still locks. but the saddlebags were safe in my garage, so they are fine.

my friend rode it to his house to get it away from my work, and he said on the interstate he felt there it might want to not track straight. so I took it home rather quickly at times, and have no idea what he is talking about. the tires are pretty old, and its a very different bike than he is used to, so squared tires on an ST might explain that difference to newer tires on a gsxr..... but I took it home fast, though not higher than 80, so faster than that, no idea. it felt as rock solid as before, a bit of tire silly at the square corners, but I was used to that and it didnt feel different.

Posting Freak

Any current pics of the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    Any current pics of the damage?
    I dont have any current pics, can't get them off my phone.
    the damage is not bad, if you replaced the peg and took off the top trunk (I have the original pass grab handle, so you dont even need the rack) you would barely be able to tell it was hit, there is a slight shadowing of the silver paint on the rear tail plastics, but its really one of those "that'll buff right out" situations, you have to look directly from the back to see its not right.

essentially, the bike lists for $3400 average retail, low retail is 2800, and with essentially a missing pass peg and slightly tweaked subframe, I am selling it for $1000 if there is interest. I dont really wanna deal with people coming to look, dealing with title, selling, dont really WANT to do all that, but I want to see if anyone out there would benifit highly from it before I tell them to just come get it.

the plastics are all fine, aside from a slight sliver shadow on the rear left tail.

I have a straight rear subframe if one is needed. $40

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

I'm interested in bike, and potentially sub-frame as well. Email me at palankearney at yahoo or call me at two 33, three six 62.
    -Paul

decided to have them scrap it. so no longer for sale, at least not from me.
    mods, close/delete this, thank you