Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Feeler: Loaded 2010 Tiger 1050 (over $12k in mods)

Feeler: Loaded 2010 Tiger 1050 (over $10k in mods)

Purchased this bike last fall. It's a phenomenal motorcycle, but I'm not sure if I'm really gelling with it. Liter bike power is a bit of an overkill for my 20 min, <45mph commute to work. And it's quite tall, and I'm the opposite, so day-to-day riding feels more of a chore, so I'm considering downsizing to something smaller. 27XXX miles.

The previous owner was a renowned Triumph technician, and farkled it to the extreme. All the weak points of this bike from the factory have been addressed (suspension, brakes, headlights)
    I made a spreadsheet listing the cost of all the mods, and just what I remembered was easily over $10,000. Some of the highlights:

Suspension: Ohlins shock, Racetech forks, set up for ~180-200lb rider, plus luggage.
    Luggage: Paint-matched Givi E52 topcase and E41 sidecases, on SW-motech racks, all cases with Admore lights. Also Triumph OEM rear seat bag.
    Front brakes: Brembo calipers, Brembo pads, Brembo fully floating rotors, Brembo master cylinder, Brembo lever, and custom SS lines ($3500 for this upgrade)
    Lighting: Euro Tiger Sport dual halogen housing replacement, top/side cases with extra brake/turn signals
    Electrical: Triumph OEM heated grips, mounted dual heated gear controller, green/yellow/red LED voltage monitor, powerlet battery tender port
    2 Seats: Triumph Comfort Gel, and stock
    2 Windscreens: cut-down stocker for summer, 20" Cee Bailey for cool weather
    Protection: SW-Motech crash bars, Triumph handguards, front/rear axle sliders, L/R engine case covers
    Miscellaneous: SW-Motech footpegs/skidplate/centerstand, Arrow exhaust and tune, paint-matched rear hugger, front/rear fender extenders, Stebel horn, tool tube, throttle rocker, Custom gold powder coated wheels, black powdercoated rearsets/exhaust guards/etc., probably much more I'm forgetting

Battery replaced April 2018
    Forks fully serviced August 2018
    New Brembo front pads August 2018

Asking $6500 located near New Haven, CT.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by MattR302; 11-07-18 at 12:13 PM.
    Matt
    '07 Yamaha FZ6 - Street
    '01 Honda CBR600F4i - Track
    '98 Suzuki DR350SE - Miscellaneous

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: Feeler: Loaded 2010 Tiger 1050 (over $12k in mods)

Not sure if you have any interest... but I have an absolutely minty 12k mile 2001 VFR800. Full Givi bag setup, Sargent Seat, Helibars... and I've got a drop in fork cartridge kit for it I haven't yet got to install. I'm kinda pumping the brakes on this bike because I need more legroom for longer rides. Sounds like you have the opposite problem and are looking for something shorter.... I surely couldn't do anything on your bike w/o moving mine, but if you'd be interested in riding it and potentially considering a trade + cash deal for your Tiger, let me know

Feeler: Loaded 2010 Tiger 1050 (over k in mods)-rc46_commute-jpg

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by scottieducati; 07-05-18 at 11:19 AM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Not sure if you have any interest... but I have an absolutely minty 12k mile 2001 VFR800. Full Givi bag setup, Sargent Seat, Helibars... and I've got a drop in fork cartridge kit for it I haven't yet got to install. I'm kinda pumping the brakes on this bike because I need more legroom for longer rides. Sounds like you have the opposite problem and are looking for something shorter.... I surely couldn't do anything on your bike w/o moving mine, but if you'd be interested in riding it and potentially considering a trade + cash deal for your Tiger, let me know

Feeler: Loaded 2010 Tiger 1050 (over k in mods)-rc46_commute-jpg
    Slight maybe. I've put a few miles on a VFR with risers, think it's still too sportbikey of a riding position for me.
    What would you say is the trade value of your bike?

0 Not allowed!
    Matt
    '07 Yamaha FZ6 - Street

Bumping this. Fork seals have been replaced, new Brembo pads are in hand, bike will be back together with a fresh oil change this weekend!

Did 100 miles 2-up with my wife last weekend. With the torque and suspension of this bike, it was unfazed by the addition of a passenger.

1 Not allowed!
    Matt
    '07 Yamaha FZ6 - Street

Bump with a price drop.
    Who needs a kickass sport tourer?

0 Not allowed!
    Matt
    '07 Yamaha FZ6 - Street