Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Feeler: Very Sorted 1998 Ducati ST2 (944)

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Feeler: Very Sorted 1998 Ducati ST2 (944)

So I've had this bike a couple of years now and adore it every time I ride her, unfortunately that isn't at all very often these days.

Debating putting her up for sale, here's the basics:

22k miles, features new belts, fuel pump, all fluids, clutch, tires, battery, chain, sprockets etc. within the past 2 years. Valves were just in spec last time, and presume they'll be needed down the road.

I've gone thru a couple regulator / rectifiers, the most recent time it was changed also with a new stator and LED charging indicator light. So far, so good, but I do not recommend running any accessories on this bike shy of a radar detector or GPS. Definitely no heated gear.

Suspension was re-sprung for 180-200 lb rider, and refreshed by GMD.

She sits with gorgeous, nearly-new Marvic 5-spoke wheels with cast-iron brembo radiators. Brakes, tires and all other consumables are quite fresh.

Would need at minimum $4750 to seriously consider letting her go as she sits. Would consider under $4k with the stock wheels and brakes.

Best sounding Ducati ever made in many's opinion, and IMO this is the best real-world street Ducati ever made. If I didn't have so much into my ZRX I would never consider parting with this one.

Serious offers only, basically I'm only interested in someone who really wants this bike, knows what it is and wants a very well sorted one. You will not find a better rider than this.

Feeler: Very Sorted 1998 Ducati ST2 (944)-st2_3-jpgFeeler: Very Sorted 1998 Ducati ST2 (944)-st2_2-jpgFeeler: Very Sorted 1998 Ducati ST2 (944)-st2_1-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Re: Feeler: Very Sorted 1998 Ducati ST2 (944)

This thing is incredibly well sorted. If I wasn't a slave to my track addiction I'd be all over it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Lrrs/ccs expert #221
    1812 paint and body, www.thiefindustries.com, Choate Tree Service,
    Addrenaline Cycle, Swansea Ma, Townsend Computer Technologies, "Innovation in imaging"

Banned

who the hell was it sprung for? ;-)

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Trade for a..... kidney?

Trades of any kind, even for a well-worn-out-kidney, are of little help. Sadly, this beast of a machine is for sale to finance the Honda's, whose engines seem to require rebuilding about every 17 minutes, give or take. I should probably learn and just keep the stock motor in there as she's been ripping all year. But I don't want to track-day the NC30, she needs to be raced and trust me.. once these things are freaking sorted the suffering will be worth it... I hope... gulp. Getting a little taste of racing again was motivating, in at least one capacity.

I guess the other news is, most of "the fleet" would be available for the right money, but nobody's going to give me $7500 for my ZRX, and I really just can't sell it as I ride her (by far) the most. Smoothness in traffic and the fact it draws a bit less attention than the ST2 (which you will definitely hear for a while off...), plus the ability to laugh at me when I run heated gear does play into the decision on which to keep.

The ST2's PRIME time to shine is now. Entering fall, dense air and crisp days. I don't have a free weekend this month so for now, she be on the block. The *microsecond* I get the chance for a weekend trip to VT aboard her, I am 100% confident that I will again be seduced. If there's one thing I know well in this world, it's Italian mistresses from Bologna. If you are even *considering* parting with one, the best thing is to put it away and keep your distance because the next time you get out you're done for all over again.

Last edited by scottieducati; 09-09-14 at 12:08 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

This bike is friggen loud so if you buy it be prepared to piss off your neighbors!

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Gonna go ahead and bump this, she may be on the block for spring riding. Still fresh and ready to rock.

CCS/LRRS #83

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

Humm maybe I should sell the monster and buy this to commute on???

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2006 Ducati Monster S2R800