Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FS: 2005 Dodge SRT-4 in Orange Blast

FS: 2005 Dodge SRT-4 in Orange Blast

As stated, I'm selling my 2005 Dodge SRT-4 with approx 54k miles on it.The car is mostly stock, only mods are a Panasonic Premier head unit with AUX port, upgraded sway bars, K&N air filter, an SBC stage 3 clutch, and VT legal tint.

I'm currently asking $10500 or best offer.

Oil has been changed every 3k miles by me, spark plugs every 10k miles, tranny fluid every 25k miles. Most of the stock parts have been off the car for 20k miles now, so they're still like new and will last quite a while.

Exterior the car is in very good condition. Paint is still in great condition,the car has been waxed twice a year and hit with a clay bar every month or two. There are a few little issues - there's a hole in the bottom of the rear bumper where I accidentally backed over a piece of rebar. There's a tiny spider in the windshield where a rock hit it, smaller than a dime and has not spread at all.

Interior is in excellent shape. Still smells like a new car inside. Only issues inside is I cut some of the bottom of the drivers side dash in the footwell to accommodate a boost controller (not noticeable), and a tiny tear in the console arm rest (has not gotten bigger at all).

Any interest please post here, PM or email me at mike.byington@gmail.com.

Pics:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SRTie4k; 08-03-09 at 07:09 AM.
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Re: FS: 2005 Dodge SRT-4 in Orange Blast

Hey... I could match my bike! LOL.

I was wondering how a car like this could be "mostly stock" then I realized you returned it to stock.

Potent little car, good luck with the sale!

HP

Dr Q : Last resort Medic Qfactor's Avatar

How long was the boost controller installed for?

@ what PSi was it set?

seeing the stage 3 clutch kit, I'm assuming it was pushing some good power to kill the stock clutch that quick.

Q

"Ami blaireau, comme t'es nul au cronos..."

"If your mom's got a schlong, run away, she's not your mom...."

Quote Originally Posted by Qfactor View Post
    How long was the boost controller installed for?

@ what PSi was it set?

seeing the stage 3 clutch kit, I'm assuming it was pushing some good power to kill the stock clutch that quick.

Q
    I never killed the stock clutch. I just replaced it before I got a chance to kill it. In fact I still have it sitting in my garage.

The car was built first with a 50 trim 49lb/min turbo at around 23psi, then moved up to a 55lb/min turbo running around 24psi. Both turbos were only on for a combine total of about 10k miles. Only a couple times to the drag strip, always on street tires, the car never saw slicks.

Like I said it runs excellently and there's no oil blow-by in any of the cylinders (I removed the valve cover and the spark plugs and checked everything out). No smoke, no shaft play in the turbo.

I would be willing to bet this car will last another 100k miles at least in its current form without anything more than normal maintenance.

Last edited by SRTie4k; 07-31-09 at 02:29 PM.
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Looks like a good deal.
    I have an 04 (E-Blue) & it has 95,000mi. & still runs just like new & im not easy on it either.

I miss ya Beet....ya Git!

Oh damn...after tomorrow I was going to put my car up for sale and start looking for something used and FWD or AWD with a turbo... Manual or auto (don't know if these even came auto)... Any idea how these do towing? Pic of the console rip and the bumper hole? Turbo is back to stock? Any desire to trade for a car with less maintenance (05 MZ3 5-door)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Oh damn...after tomorrow I was going to put my car up for sale and start looking for something used and FWD or AWD with a turbo... Manual or auto (don't know if these even came auto)... Any idea how these do towing? Pic of the console rip and the bumper hole? Turbo is back to stock? Any desire to trade for a car with less maintenance (05 MZ3 5-door)?
    All SRT-4's came in 5-speed manual.

I'm not sure how they would be at towing, but it can't be any worse than any other small sedan. Heck this thing makes so much torque anyways, it would probably do better than a lot of small trucks out there. Only issue I could see is how to mount a hitch with a dual exit exhaust.

I'm not interested in trading, as I'm going to be replacing it with a new Mazdaspeed 3.

Here's some pics of the only issues. Very minor stuff:

Last edited by SRTie4k; 07-31-09 at 09:05 PM.
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

I'll do some research when I get home later about mounting a hitch...

I bet those Mazda folks would give you a good "owner loyalty" deal if you traded in a regular 3 . I used to be pretty ticked actually - they finally released the MS3 about 9 months after I bought my 3. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Probably not you're cup of tea, but the Subaru Outback XT would fit the bill in terms of an AWD vehicle with turbo that's capable of towing...

If you want a more "fun" car that "looks" the part, then the SRT4, MS3, WRX, and EVO would fit the bill. (Obviously, there are more turbo-charged cars out there, but since you're interested in the SRT4, the other suggestions seem to fit the same "type of vehicle").

Oh... and you should get it in manual... most turbo cars are going to shift before boost kicks in to be fun anyway...

OP, is there anything from the owner's manual about towing?

HP

Quote Originally Posted by hqp921 View Post

OP, is there anything from the owner's manual about towing?

HP
    I did a little research, and this generation Neon is supposedly capable of towing 1500lbs. Mopar offers a tow hitch for the 03+ Neon rated at 1500lbs towing capacity with a 100lb tongue weight limit. It doesn't interfere with the dual exit exhaust at all, the only thing that is required when mounting a hitch is the bumper needs to be rolled, which would fix the hole issue

I've read a few things on SRTForums of guys who run the One Lap of America who tow a trailer to all of the events with tires, tools, etc, as well as other people who tow their motorcycles, jetskis, anything small.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Price lowered. Bump!

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R