Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FS BMW 2004 R1100S BoxerCup Prep

FS BMW 2004 R1100S BoxerCup Prep

Well, I keep going back and forth on this, but have decided once and for all to sell my most excellent BoxerCup Prep bike. The Prep's and Replika's had all the right parts to go from the street right to the BoxerCup race series. I do love the bike, but am looking to go retro. Here's what we've got:

Mileage now at 17176 since riding today

2004 R1100SBX in Mandarin/Titan (yellow/gray) with 17176 on the clock. This is a Boxercup prep model, so there is no ABS (save yourself 16lbs), no center stand and a shorter parallel/torque arm (makes the bike taller than standard). The Prep version also comes with the wider rear wheel (5.5 vs 5), 700 watt alternator (vs 600) and a steering dampener (in good working order).

Other BMW options are heated grips, luggage with city lids (narrow) and tall/touring windscreen.

Additional options are front and rear Ohlins shocks (in perfect working order), Ilmberger Carbon Fiber rear hugger, Wunderlich Chip with 8 selectable settings (OEM chip included), K&N Air Filter, and an center stand for maintenance and cleaning. Oil cooler screen, no-slip passenger seat cover, battery tender and misc hardware upgrades are also included. Have clymer manual and valve feeler gauges as well.

The bike had fresh engine, G/B and FD oil (all synthetic) at 15k miles, along with a new oil filter, PC680 Odyssey battery and cleaned/recharged K&N air filter. Valve clearance and throttle sync was also performed. This bike runs superbly.

It has never been crashed, raced, wrecked, dropped or talked to badly. Although, there are 3 minor flaws that a reasonable person would want to know about:
    1) Slight gouges (dime sized) on lower frame where maintenance stand mounts. If you are not careful when lifting, the stand can scratch the frame. 2) Windscreen has spidercrack frame one mount hole. Crack is stop drilled to prevent further cracking.
    3) Front Carbon Fiber fender has dime sized spider crack on top center. It is covered with similar sized 3m tape to prevent water intrusion.

Did have it for sale a few months ago at $8k, but have dropped the price to $7500 because this will be the last season on these tires. I will listen to all reasonable offers, as I am looking to sell before mid March if I can help it (insurance and Registration due then)

If you happen to have a cool Triumph Bonneville or Ducati sport classic and want to talk trade, let me know.

I will try to post a full slide show. If it doesn't work, email me and i'll send it to you...

Mike

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by michaelrm69; 02-20-10 at 08:50 PM.

Re: FS BMW 2004 R1100S BoxerCup Prep

Bike is Sold

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!