Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FS: Icon Timax XXL jacket, practically new

Hey everybody, bought myself an Icon Timax (first model, not 2nd) jacket in XXL about 2 months ago, it fit fine back then, but I've since dropped a good bit of weight, and still more to lose, so this jacket no longer fits me. It's the best textile I've worn for comfort, and with the included liner (which I never got to use, so that's new) should keep you warm in the colder months. I wore this jacket on the bike to about 40deg with an under-layer beneath the jacket and it still kept me warm without the inner liner.

For fitment, I'm 5'8 and my leather jacket is a 44, and I had to seriously squeeze into it when I first bought it, and the leather jacket has since started fitting better. I bought the leather jacket when I weighed 250lbs, now weigh 215, and for comparison, the XXL Timax fit me perfect when I was a little heavier, and now it's just getting too loose, I'm use to the tight fit of leathers, and it's just not there anymore. I can still wear it comfortably if I wear a sweater underneath during these colder months. I would say, it can fit anyone between 5'7-6' and 215-260lbs depending on clothing underneath with or without the inside lining.

I've only worn the jacket on a handful of rides, definitely less than 5, I've got my leathers to wear instead and used this as my more comfortable backup. It literally looks brand new, there's not a scuff, scratch, stain, or pulled thread on the entire jacket. I loved this jacket so much that I replaced it with another Icon Timax (first model) in an XL which fits me better. The 2nd one I bought was used from a forum member, and while it was in good condition, you could tell the leather cuffs were a little scuffed up from use. I ASSURE you when you get this jacket, you'll be scratching your head asking if anyone ever even worn it. Comes from a non-smoking home and never been around any smokers.

I bought it brand new from Newenough.com and it ended up costing me about $140 to get to my door. I'm askingt $120+shipping, and if shipping is a little expensive, I'll work with you on the price. There's a same jacket in a size medium on e-bay for $117.50+11.80 shipping ($129.30 total) so I think my asking price is quite fair.

Oh yah, and it's blue and I'll get pics up tonight. I'll even get comparison pics to show you the difference between my jacket, and the other jacket which is about a year old.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This thread is worthless without a PICTURE NOOB!!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Wow, thanks for contributing to the community with your insightful outlook. Did it feel good to add another notch to the postwhore belt? Was a google search REALLY too difficult? Here, I did it for you, and wow, look what came up on the entire first page and the very first result? hmmm

Google Image Search for "Icon TiMax Jacket"

but anyways, for the people who might actually be interested in buying the jacket, I had to go buy a new battery for my camera over the weekend, apparently it won't hold a charge, but here are the pics. I took about 20 pics, so if you want any more of them, just let me know and I'll send you the full resolution pics instead of the chopped down, online ones.

PLEASE NOTE I AM SELLING THE XXL (2XL) JACKET, NOT THE XL JACKET IN SOME OF THE PICTURES. I only included pics of the XL jacket to show you what the jacket will look like after about a solid year of use, and that I bought that XL jacket used and was happy with it's great condition, but I included it to show you the differences between my practically new jacket, and a normally worn jacket. Note how shiney the one I'm selling is

click the album, too many pics to list here individually - http://www.putfile.com/otocan/images/75750

You are a Noobie.

Trying to sell something for 90 cents on the dollar too.

Come back when you are willing to go 50 cents on the dollar.

We like not only good deals around here, but great ones.

So 75 bucks or go sell it on E-bay.

TIMMYDUCK

did I say I wasn't a newbie? don't think so. I was just retaliating for him responding so rudely for absolutely no reason. Anyone with any sort of knowledge of gear has most likely seen or heard about the icon timax in the 4 years it's been out, and even been remodeled. A google search would get all the pictures anyone could wish for, and I said the thing is brand new, and the pictures show it. I also said it's blue, so any picture of a new blue timax jacket you find is what you'd get.

Just an FYI, unless someone has this thing on closeout (Which Newenough did and where I bought it for $140) the jacket retails for $215, and anyone clearing out stock to make way for the remodel is selling it for about $150 if you can find it, so $120 is a hell of a lot less than "90 cents on the dollar" that's just being asinine.

Here's a site with a small overview and MSRP listing - http://www.spectrum-mrc.com/technica...ax_jacket.html

I'd like to see an r7 sell on here for 50 cents on the dollar

Lifer

Originally posted by Otocan
    did I say I wasn't a newbie? don't think so. I was just retaliating for him responding so rudely for absolutely no reason. Anyone with any sort of knowledge of gear has most likely seen or heard about the icon timax in the 4 years it's been out, and even been remodeled. A google search would get all the pictures anyone could wish for, and I said the thing is brand new, and the pictures show it. I also said it's blue, so any picture of a new blue timax jacket you find is what you'd get.

Just an FYI, unless someone has this thing on closeout (Which Newenough did and where I bought it for $140) the jacket retails for $215, and anyone clearing out stock to make way for the remodel is selling it for about $150 if you can find it, so $120 is a hell of a lot less than "90 cents on the dollar" that's just being asinine.

Here's a site with a small overview and MSRP listing - http://www.spectrum-mrc.com/technica...ax_jacket.html

I'd like to see an r7 sell on here for 50 cents on the dollar
    funny you should say, there happens to be an R7 for sale here for the rediculously low price of 14,000 while others are selling for 25,000. Are you in the market for an R7?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Littering and........

Originally posted by hessogood
    funny you should say, there happens to be an R7 for sale here for the rediculously low price of 14,000 while others are selling for 25,000. Are you in the market for an R7?

yes, but my jacket's almost new with less than 50 miles on it, that r7 have less than 50 miles on it? If so I'll sell my car and write a check

Guy from Maryland.

Did you read where we are all from ?

New England..!!!!!!!!!

We wear leather, not textiles, sell it in the Southern states.

Hate guys that sign up to just try and sell something.

TIMMYDUCK

don't assume because you make an ass out of you and me. I joined 6 months ago and my posts have been about me looking buy a set of leathers, this is the first for sale thread I've made. I'm also from Lynn, MA and am down here because my company is opening a second contractor and I'm needed down here.

I've also been hanging around ever since, I'm not the one to make posts.

Back on track, it'll be 60deg. in two months back home, so anybody want a jacket? I could just throw it on somewhere like r6 forum but they're all pansies over there.