Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FS: Kendon dual rail with spare, optional toolbox and some useful kunfu - $750

xxaarraa

FS: Kendon dual rail with spare, optional toolbox and some useful kunfu - $750

SOLD

I recently replaced my SUV with a pickup truck so my beloved Kendon is no longer needed.

• I believe it's a 99 model. It's the previous generation Kendon dual rail, not the more recent tubular setup. (I personally like the older style better. It folds up more compactly and is easier to handle around the house with the same utility as any Kendon even brand new ones).
    • I purchased it in late 2014 and the previous owner had just replaced the bearings and put brand new tires on it. He may have also replaced the torsion bars as well, though I have to lookup emails from that time period.
    • It used to be my primary trailer in 2015, I put maybe 8-10k miles on it in that year. I did not use it much in 2016 due to condo drama. And for 2017, I went to an enclosed trailer so this has not been touched.
    • I packed bearings every winter. I polished and refinished the diamond plate decking each winter as well. I lined the rails with rubber trim to keep bike's tires from getting scuffed.
    • Comes with the factory ramp that stows underneath the trailer with quick turn wingnuts.

In short, it's a very well maintained Kendon with a lot of useful life left. Now, here's the party piece:

• I added these "Cargo Buckle G3" built-in retracting tie-down ratchet straps down the middle, and on both sides. Never have to go searching for tie downs, or have a place to store them when done, or deal with tangled mess of straps. Basically, you can roll two bikes on it, tie down and be off in under 15 minutes. Trust me, this was my condo setup, so its a well thought out setup for quick pack and unpack. I can't remember exactly, but I think just the straps and their mount kits cost me $250-300.
    • I paid a fab shop decent money to weld on a side bracket to move a big Bursig stand in addition to two bikes. If you don't have a bursig, you could use this space and mounting system for something else. I paid $700 to have this done.
    • I added D-rings to the floor in various places to tie down other things such as stands or spare tires or gas cans.

Only flaw is the left wheel fender broke off (common issue in older Kendons) and needs to be rewelded. Or just run it without a fender like I have been.

Asking $750 cash. Registration is current till Nov of this year. Must pickup from Medford.

Assume everyone knows Kendons, but in case you don't, it is the lightest most well made open trailer you can buy. I even towed bikes with my girlfriends Prius C once!

You can't quite see it but this photo shows a full size bursig mounted to the right of the 848 near the tongue of trailer.

Here's the "cargo buckle" system. One shown, there's enough installed around the trailer for hauling two bikes.

D-rings I added.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 07-24-17 at 08:53 AM.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: FS: Kendon dual rail with spare, optional toolbox and some useful kunfu - $750

Probably gonna have to go and call dibs on this as I'll soon be without my Treg.... PM incoming

CCS/LRRS #83

Re: FS: Kendon dual rail with spare, optional toolbox and some useful kunfu - $750

Got me thinking about it. But really looking for a small enclosed.

Ash, I'll take it if Scottie doesn't.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

3rd in line if the others fall through. Or if you wanna do a trade for a Kendon single rail just in case you need an extra bike towed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Put me in line as well. Back from Chicago Monday, can pick up then.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Does that make me 5th?

Dam this line got long quick.

I'm just here for the gang bang

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I'm here for the gang bang.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

I should be swinging by this weekend to pick dis bish up.

CCS/LRRS #83

xxaarraa

Thanks for interest all, this was SOLD.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!