Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers

rides bikes

Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers

I've got way too many bikes, but for some reason these are the only two I can consider parting with right now. Per forum rules, I'm including prices, but make offers.

First, a 1983 Honda CB1000. I bought this like 4 years ago, did a ton of work to it, rode it to Nova Scotia and back (flawlessly) and then it basically got put away. The work I did ~4 years ago was tires, brakes, carb rebuilds and sync, battery, fork seals, all fluids, and likely some other small stuff. Now that it's been sitting, one of the carbs is leaking and I assume the battery is dead. It's also always had an intermittent starter bendix slip. I thought I had it fixed, but it came back. I did ride it briefly this summer though. If you're unfamiliar with these bikes, they're super cool. Dual range transmission that some people call a 10 speed, but it's more like a 6 speed, or OD. Gobbs of power. Shaft drive with nearly zero maintenance required. Cool briefcase style luggage. FXRT styling. On highway stints up to Canada I was easily cruising at 90+ and the bike was happy as a clam. My buddies on their Goldwings just couldn't hang. Clean title. If someone spent a few hours working on it I would have to believe it's a $3500 bike, especially with Spring around the corner. I definitely do not have the time to do that though, so make an offer (I'm happy to let it go cheap). If I had more space I'd have no problem keeping this, especially considering the sentimental value from an awesome trip. I think it's worth about $1000 as it sits.

Next, one of my sillier drunken auction purchases, a 1966 Bridgestone 175 Dual Twin. Clean CA title, everything else is rough. It's seized. It's rusty. It's crusty. BUTTTT it's a pretty complete, almost 60 year old cool two stroke that you almost never see. It could be back to cruising without an insane amount of work (everything is super simple). If you wanted to restore it, god bless you. If you want to park it in the corner of your shop and stare at it, it's ready to go. Make me an offer. I'm guaranteed to lose a chunk of money on this one, unless you're dumber than me, which I seriously doubt you are. If it doesn't sell, it's getting hung from the rafters. I'd like to get $500 for this one.

Both are in Salem, MA and ready to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers-f0827cee-a246-4fd2-b7c2-70ea9b1b3521   Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers-screen-shot-2023-03-05-a   Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers-screen-shot-2023-03-05-a   Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers-screen-shot-2023-03-05-a  

Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers-screen-shot-2023-03-05-a   Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers-screen-shot-2023-03-05-a  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by nick5446; 03-06-23 at 11:05 AM.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Re: Honda CB1000 and Bridgestone 175 - make offers

Make an offer, you said.

I'll give you $250 sober cash money for the BS.

And don't believe everything you think.

You need to list prices per forum rules.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Back in college I had a Kawasaki A7 Avenger which was similar to that Bridgestone. It was really loud and crazy once I got it running, was a ton of fun.

I called some Kawasaki parts distributors at the time and managed to get a factory shop manual for it. It was nonsensical -- written in the kind of crazy English that you find in Harbor Freight's low end instruction manuals. I remain surprised that a corporation as large as Kawasaki was unable to find a decent English speaker in the late 60's.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    You need to list prices per forum rules.
    My bad, fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Make an offer, you said.

I'll give you $250 sober cash money for the BS.
    I'll send ya a PM