Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My house, Foster, RI

Lifer

Re: My house, Foster, RI

Sounds like they wanted to waive much more than 5 grand.

I was reading this as Mark saying waiving inspection was a bad thing. (As in bad for him.)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm not at all worried about a home inspection, there is nothing wrong with the house. As the builder of it, I know every single little detail about it. Everything was built to current building codes, and I pulled permits for everything I was required to. My guess is the condition, newness, and cleanliness is the reason they waived the inspection.

They were not cash buyers, they had a pre-approval letter with a 10% down mortgage that they gave with the offer.
    We were over $25k from making a deal...if it was even within $5-10k difference, id probably cave and sign it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

I'm in the market for the first time, just got preapproved yesterday. Having a hard time convincing my gf to look outside East Greenwich though. Maybe I should strategically buy her a dirt bike first...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    I'm in the market for the first time, just got preapproved yesterday. Having a hard time convincing my gf to look outside East Greenwich though. Maybe I should strategically buy her a dirt bike first...
    Man, if this place is in your possible range, all I can say is I'm SO happy I bought a house on a beautiful piece of property. Fences make good neighbors, but out of sight AND sound make great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Can't help you convince your gf to look outside of EG, but I should add, my best friend growing up, lives next door to me, rides dirtbikes and also has 12 acres.

Yamaha

Your house is awesome and worth every penny of what you're asking for it. Unless you're looking to move asap, I'd hold out for the right buyer who will appreciate the time you've put into your property.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    Your house is awesome and worth every penny of what you're asking for it. Unless you're looking to move asap, I'd hold out for the right buyer who will appreciate the time you've put into your property.

Thank you!
    I'm moving end of April, beginning of May, so the house will be empty soon. I don't have to sell it prior to moving, but there is a cost to carry it once I close on the new place.

Yamaha

And after just 16 days on the market, I accepted an offer today

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

rad, congrats! onward and upward, looking forward to the new sexxxy digs threads

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    rad, congrats! onward and upward, looking forward to the new sexxxy digs threads
    Thanks, there will be a moto party at some point

The next month will be extremely busy, the new place closes on the 7th of April, mine closes on the 22nd of April. It'll be quite the change going from a modern spotless house, to a 195 year old home in need of some TLC...haha

Yamaha

wow, i bet on the change. great opportunity to tap into history and add to it though!

Beta 200RR

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Whomever got your old place got a hell of a home and property. Good luck w/ what's next Mark, I know you'll have it whipped into shape and utterly stunning in no time.

And moto trails.....

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Whomever got your old place got a hell of a home and property. Good luck w/ what's next Mark, I know you'll have it whipped into shape and utterly stunning in no time.

And moto trails.....
    The moto trails are a given at the new place, the only question is how soon. The house upgrades take priority. I can't confirm nor deny there may be an offer on the plate for a club to come in and make a trail system, in exchange for allowing them to hold a 1 time use event there

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12