Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Feeler Tramper for sale. Lives at track

Feeler Tramper for sale. Lives at track

So just gauging interest, but its a 20ft(ish) old (1974) camper trailer (tramper). It doesn't leak and has a queen sized bed. It can hold 2 bikes with the bed collapsed. It has always lived at the track so you can store it there. It is a sleepable camper that would give you a good nights sleep before racing.

Would want cheap dollars for it. Like $300ish.

you can respond here or text me at 917-853-2209. SmokinJoe73 in garage N12
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Feeler Tramper for sale. Lives at track-908racke-005-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by smokinjoe; 07-26-17 at 09:27 PM.

Re: Feeler Tramper for sale. Lives at track

This is a KILLER DEAL.............weather isn't going to getting any better LOLOL

Is it safely towable? I mean, to purchase with the idea of not leaving it at the track, but bringing it camping occasionally, with 2-3 hour drives each way, in terms of frame rot or wiring. I'd expect to need to replace tires and wheel bearings at this price, but I'm asking about the not so easy to fix stuff.

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    Is it safely towable? I mean, to purchase with the idea of not leaving it at the track, but bringing it camping occasionally, with 2-3 hour drives each way, in terms of frame rot or wiring. I'd expect to need to replace tires and wheel bearings at this price, but I'm asking about the not so easy to fix stuff.
    I would doubt that. To expect a 40 year old, $300 camper to be capable of regular street use would be asking for a bit much, I'd think. $300 wouldn't even buy you a decent HF open trailer to put things in perspective.

This strikes me as the deal of the century for a regular racer who just wants a roof over his/her head and a place to store all their junk right at the track.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 07-27-17 at 07:20 AM.

Thank you (LOL)

If the frame is solid, I'm more worried about my wife's reaction if I parked it on our property than I am about getting it roadworthy, since I already said I'd expect to replace every moving part besides leaf springs with new. It appears to be hooked to a vehicle in the pic and I'm 3.5 hours away so I don't think it's an absurd question, since not too many people tow campers when there is salt down in the winter.

That said, I'm gonna bow out of this one because after giving it some thought, my wife WOULD kill me and I sense the OP's intent is to help another racer who would leave it where it is.

Last edited by Imbeek; 07-27-17 at 08:30 AM.

So when I bought it I checked the wheel bearings which were spotless tapered rollers and packed them with good wheel bearing grease. The frame is solid but I have done some repairs. It would need some carpentry work inside but like I said is sleepable since I redid the roof when I bought it and resilvered it every couple years.

I would expect it could go 3 miles but yeah the tires are old. I think I have more tires for it but you can get some on CL for like $20/pair.

For me it was a monster step up from tenting or car sleeping.

Change the description from Old to Retro and bump up the price. Tell them its just the thing for a Cafe bike owner.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That's a good idea. Was thinking of doing full restore and charging $10k

Since this is a feeler, yeah, if it was mine I'd replace the tires, do whatever else is cheap but can let you describe it as "road worthy" and ask a little more on CL. I've been watching the RV ads for a while and you don't see many usable campers anywhere close to 300. ESPECIALLY ones that don't/haven't leaked.